SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47373 - 03/01/06 07:19 AM History of the Technics Keyboards
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
DNJ posted this in the GA forum; http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012835.html

It is the history of the technics keyboards.
Bebop

#47374 - 03/02/06 08:47 AM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I bought my first Technics in a combination TV and Music store that featured Kurtzwile hardware. It was the first one to get to the central coast, was a digital piano Pr90 and was listed at 5000.00 and offered to me at 2500.00 to take back to San Jose. I was hooked and never looked back until they sold me my last Technics Keyboard KN2600. I still have 4 of them, sold 2 but have now ported over to Tyros 2, largely due to
Scott Yee.
I bought the PSR9000 but could never get into it while still playing the KN7000, so I gave it up. Anybody want to buy it?
When I got the Tyros 2, I shut down all the technics and was then able to get into the yam operating system and make it go
That's my story.
Bebop
Retired moderator of the Technics Forum

#47375 - 03/04/06 02:58 PM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
“Largely due to Scott Yee”.

Too bad it wasn’t because it sounded better, had a better OP, better build quality or even the sampling of instrumental sounds were even close or better. At least you got a fall guy to blame in lieu of your own judgment if again Yamaha frustrates you. I suppose if shutting down all your technics stuff and selling it was the only way for you to get into the yam operating system and make it go I would say that is what I would consider pretty sad. Maybe I should sell my foreign turbo charged car to get into a Yugo or something like that at the advice of another? I don’t think so! I would be a follower and not a leader. I would be like so many others that cannot lead but have to follow because I cannot discern what would make me happy. Always searching and never finding.

Grandpa Doug who found his Ruthie, evaluated his search and find and has been very pleased for more than fifty five years. I knew what I wanted and I got it. I got it and learned how to use it. When I got her operating system down pat she performed like a winner ever since. And that fellows and gals is the secret of life and happiness in any of your endeavors in the journey of life.

Anyway Bill the Bebop thanks for your story and will be looking for the next saga in your life.

Grandpa Doug looking into the sparkling eyes of his Ruthie and smiling.

#47376 - 03/04/06 06:28 PM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Grandpa Doug looking into the sparkling eyes of his Ruthie and smiling.

It's worth reading the posts on this forum just because fo the above. I think that's beautiful.

John C.

#47377 - 03/05/06 04:53 AM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
DNJ posted this in the GA forum; http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012835.html

It is the history of the technics keyboards.
Bebop

Your link to the link you consider to be a good guide to the history of the Technics keyboard is I am afraid old hat and as usual misguided not much history to see just a few pictures from other websites?

Anyone wishing to see a website of a dedicated Technics enthusiast where there is also some good Technics stuff to enjoy then go no further than here http://home.c2i.net/gjgotaas/ the site of Gunnar Jonny

And as for your reason for going over to the Tyros, well Grandpa says it all really quote "Too bad it wasn’t because it sounded better "unquote

#47378 - 03/05/06 11:57 AM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
[QUOTE]And as for your reason for going over to the Tyros, well Grandpa says it all really quote "Too bad it wasn’t because it sounded better "unquote

Perhaps the main reason is that there is no "future" for technics keyboards ?!??!?

t.

#47379 - 03/05/06 01:06 PM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
sturgeon Offline

I like to think that my KN2600 has a future. When I get things right it sounds just superb.

I have some Tyros2 demo tracks on an SD card, for a side by side comparison -highest quality SD audio files, although different material - admittedly.

When I get things right I think my KN2600 can sound better than these representations of the Ty2.

I am very impressed with the capability and sonic potential of these keyboards. I will probably buy another one as a backup, as my keyboard earns me some money, but I do feel that I am the biggest limitation in the setup, although I have been involved in music and music technology for years and years!

It could be a classic case of "not what you've got, but what you do with it" ?

Cheers,

s.

#47380 - 03/05/06 01:59 PM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Tony perhaps it is because of what Bill says it was! I have no intention to call Bill the Bop a liar or to put words into his mouth or to make up a reason for his discontent of what he has other than what he has stated in his post.

I also do not know the reason he is so intent on posting his story of switching to Yamaha on a Technics Forum for Technics users and their pleasure. I also do not know the reason Mr. Bebop was trying to glean members for his Tyros newsletter and e-mail propaganda among us. I also wonder why he started a Yamaha forum as very few ever post there with much to say. I have a very good idea of why but will not post it for the simple reason I cannot prove it. If Bill the bebop would go and purchase a new keyboard just because the currant manufacture has halted it’s production seems to me the product of a warped and illogical mind. Even suggesting that as a reason boggles my mind. I know of some that would do that as a form of spite or venting anger for an action taken by a company but one thing I am sure of is that Bill is not that kind of a person.

Searching and never finding is sort of a curse many folks are plagued with and never finding an answer to it. That is at the root of discontentment, the reason for super credit card debt, most divorces and many such things. I could go on and on but Tony when you say the main reason is because there is no FUTURE for technics keyboards you show your ......, well I will not say it.

When the Ford model A was discontinued I suppose you would say there is no future in it? Get rid of it? Junk? That is one of the most sought after items even to this day. You see them in parades, in shows, in displays, in fine collections and remain of great value to this day. This was a product way ahead of it’s time and set a standard for all to follow conceived by a man of great vision.

With that said I shall rest my case and let the prognosticators of others intent practice their art and display it to the scrutiny of others.

Grandpa Doug again saying what he means and means what he says. At least Ruthie likes it and that principal has melted us together for many years.

#47381 - 03/05/06 04:10 PM Re: History of the Technics Keyboards
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
I could go on and on but Tony when you say the main reason is because there is no FUTURE for technics keyboards you show your ......, well I will not say it.

When the Ford model A was discontinued I suppose you would say there is no future in it? Get rid of it? Junk? That is one of the most sought after items even to this day. You see them in parades, in shows, in displays, in fine collections and remain of great value to this day. This was a product way ahead of it’s time and set a standard for all to follow conceived by a man of great vision.

Grandpa ... show my what???? ... if you are thinking it, then you may as well say it ...

And when the Model A was discontinued, I wonder how many people at THAT time kept it because they knew it was going to be sought after so many years later ??? .... and let's be honest ... while it is sought after, it is only a select few who are looking for one ... and even those that have one are driving a much NEWER model on a DAILY basis, and NOT using the A for it's original purpose - transportation ...

I still own my Fender Rhodes ... do I use it for gigs ? ... NO!, because it doesn't do what my kn1000 does ... do I still use my kn1000 for gigs ... NO!, because it doesn't do what my kn6000 does ... UNFORTUNATELY, thanks to technics, I do not have a kn8000 or kn10000 to look forward to ... what will replace my kn6000??? ... At this time I have no idea, but if I live long enough, eventually something will ... too bad it won't be a technics ... but they (technics) aren't giving me that option ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online