SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47349 - 02/15/03 12:17 PM Kn7000 SD Card uses?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Well I had to buy one in the end if only to realise what all you guys were on about - so forgive me if I am fairly new to all this.
I've spent the past week converting most of my KN920 style files for use in the brand new toy and saving them to the SD card (8mb used so far!!!); and now I'm beginning to think about having a rest from time to time and let the keyboard do the work...
I gather that you can put midi and MP3 files on the SD card (about 3 - 5 mb per song) and wav files too, for playing back automatically through the KN7000 but is that the top and bottom of it or can I transfer my CD music somehow?

#47350 - 02/15/03 02:28 PM Re: Kn7000 SD Card uses?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Roger, Good to see you've joined 'The KN7000 Club' - Looks like your trip north of the gap did influence you after all
You can indeed put midi, MP3 and .WAV files on the SD card. Personally, I can't see much point in storing .WAV files on an SD card since they take up so much room. The real plus that the SD card provides, is the replacement of the hard disc. I doubt if you can transfer CD music directly to the SD Card, but why would you want to? If you want to play along with a CD, with the sound coming through the KN7000, just connect the line outputs of the CD player to the line inputs of the KN7000.
Good to see you posting again Roger.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online