SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#472895 - 07/13/19 01:21 PM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
"It sounds like an improv of 3 Coins In A Fountain, to me.

Gary"

That is what I first said, and Jerry agreed, but it went South and it apparently doesn't matter anymore.

Bernie

#472917 - 07/15/19 05:33 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: travlin'easy]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Jill, the onboard audio recorder on your S-970 does a fantastic job - give it a try, you will love what you hear.

Gary cool

Thanks Gary, I was aware I have that capability now, just need to find some time to play around with that and do a few test recordings.
Was just curious what software anyone was using these days . . .
Right now, the only things that I have recorded are some simple backing tracks for my church . . . No vocals.

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#472918 - 07/15/19 06:07 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: girljam]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By girljam

Thanks Gary, I was aware I have that capability now, just need to find some time to play around with that and do a few test recordings.
Right now, the only things that I have recorded are some simple backing tracks for my church . . . No vocals.

Jill, looking at your equipment list and considering the strength of your vocals, I would suggest that, for the purpose of recording, you consider investing in a large condenser mic. It doesn't have to be super expensive, something in the $200.00 range from one of the major mic manufacturers. You should try them in a store, if possible, as different mics repond differently to different voices. Although a '57 is fine for 'live' work and will work for recording, most dynamics can't compete with a large condenser for vocal recording. Just a thought. I really like your approach to vocals, especially the 'standards'. As to software, I use REAPER. You can try it out free without limitations and it's very powerful. Of course you will need an audio interface but a decent one can be had sub $200.

chas

#472919 - 07/15/19 06:23 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: cgiles]
girljam Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By girljam

Jill, looking at your equipment list and considering the strength of your vocals, I would suggest that, for the purpose of recording, you consider investing in a large condenser mic. It doesn't have to be super expensive, something in the $200.00 range from one of the major mic manufacturers. You should try them in a store, if possible, as different mics repond differently to different voices. Although a '57 is fine for 'live' work and will work for recording, most dynamics can't compete with a large condenser for vocal recording. Just a thought. I really like your approach to vocals, especially the 'standards'. As to software, I use REAPER. You can try it out free without limitations and it's very powerful. Of course you will need an audio interface but a decent one can be had sub $200.

chas

Thanks Chas!
A new mic is definitely in the budget for me . . . As well a few other things . . . I appreciate your info, as I am slowly getting back in the groove, as it were . . . keys

#472923 - 07/15/19 08:55 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill, if you're looking for a good mic, I suggest contacting Don Mason - he has more in his music room that most music stores have in stock. I would suggest the Sennheiser E series, which provide absolutely superb vocal quality and great feedback rejection.

As for software, if you're looking for multitrack you might want to start out with Audacity, which is a great program with a huge number of features, very user friendly, doesn't require an interface to your PC and is free at https://audacity.en.softonic.com/download . The program was created by Sound Forge, which is one of the programs I purchased many years ago, has many of the same features, and the end results are outstanding. Many of the PSR Tutorial members use Audacity and report excellent results.

When I was still working as an entertainer, I used a Crown CM311A headset mic, mainly because of the freedom a headset mic provides an OMB entertainer. The quality of this mic is fantastic, but it comes with a hefty price tag, about $359 at most locations online. In the local music stores here, they add another $100 to that price.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but today, I feel fortunate to be able to sit in the office and type this post.

Good luck, young lady,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472962 - 07/16/19 09:06 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: travlin'easy]
girljam Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Jill, if you're looking for a good mic, I suggest contacting Don Mason - he has more in his music room that most music stores have in stock. I would suggest the Sennheiser E series, which provide absolutely superb vocal quality and great feedback rejection.

As for software, if you're looking for multitrack you might want to start out with Audacity, which is a great program with a huge number of features, very user friendly, doesn't require an interface to your PC and is free at https://audacity.en.softonic.com/download . The program was created by Sound Forge, which is one of the programs I purchased many years ago, has many of the same features, and the end results are outstanding. Many of the PSR Tutorial members use Audacity and report excellent results.

When I was still working as an entertainer, I used a Crown CM311A headset mic, mainly because of the freedom a headset mic provides an OMB entertainer. The quality of this mic is fantastic, but it comes with a hefty price tag, about $359 at most locations online. In the local music stores here, they add another $100 to that price.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but today, I feel fortunate to be able to sit in the office and type this post.

Good luck, young lady,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! I will contact Don! I was actually reading about that mic this morning. SoundForge was what I used years ago with good results, and I will definitely take a look at Audacity as well.
I know you are in recovery mode, and I sure appreciate you taking the time to assist!
Healing thoughts headed your way . . .

#473215 - 07/21/19 06:43 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

For some reason the previous link of Nearness of you wasn't working so for those who messaged me...here it is again...enjoy

https://app.box.com/s/wket89dhwgdhia4o7bfw6inau221zqri

#473289 - 07/21/19 09:00 PM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Nicely done Donny. Very cool..what did you play it on?

#473306 - 07/22/19 06:37 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Thanx If I remember correctly it was multitrack parts
added to a custom backing track using my KORG Pa3x
recorded with Mixcraft DAW

https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-pro-studio.html

#473313 - 07/22/19 07:49 AM Re: What Song @ 5:35....? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, very, very nice, Donny - you still have the pipes.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online