SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#470662 - 06/01/19 02:04 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just pulling your chain, big guy. When it comes to trying new things, I'm in the same boat as you...well maybe not QUITE as much smile .

chas

#470663 - 06/01/19 02:26 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By DonM
As I CLEARLY stated Bachus, I don't use music apps on my phone. And I didn't make any claims except battery, storage and camera.

Sorry if i offended you somewhere, noharm meant, being non natively in English sometimes makes me being misunderstood for my intentions..

I understand. No problem my friend. smile

#470664 - 06/01/19 02:33 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
There really is no lose today, with whatever direction you go. I love my IPad for what it does for me. I’m not into the music apps like Bachus and others. But, for any real production power...you need either a MacBook or a decent Windows machine.

When you start layering tracks and effects...you need horsepower. Your only going to get that from a more powerful laptop or desktop.

Apple is no doubt the leader in creating cool and useful products. But, once you take a bite out of the “Apple”...your pretty much an apple person. They talk beautifully together. But even getting my iPad info to my HP laptop can be a hassle.

My only concern for the iPad...is where do they go in the future. Do they finally do away with iOS and go OSX. That to me...would be a game changer.

But what’s strange...is the pricing of a high end iPad is almost the same price as a decent MacBook. So why not get the MacBook and be able to run all the heavy weight programs available for OSX. Like Logic Pro, Cubase (Which I use on my HP laptop).

But with that said...there’s nothing faster and easier to use than an iPad. You got great battery life and a quality screen. My google tablets suck by comparison.

I do have an LG phone. It works good. As long as I can Bluetooth Spotify in my car...I’m in hog heaven.

JM

Edited by jingleman (06/01/19 02:35 PM)

#470677 - 06/02/19 09:26 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
There really is no lose today, with whatever direction you go. I love my IPad for what it does for me. I’m not into the music apps like Bachus and others. But, for any real production power...you need either a MacBook or a decent Windows machine.

When you start layering tracks and effects...you need horsepower. Your only going to get that from a more powerful laptop or desktop.

Apple is no doubt the leader in creating cool and useful products. But, once you take a bite out of the “Apple”...your pretty much an apple person. They talk beautifully together. But even getting my iPad info to my HP laptop can be a hassle.

My only concern for the iPad...is where do they go in the future. Do they finally do away with iOS and go OSX. That to me...would be a game changer.

But what’s strange...is the pricing of a high end iPad is almost the same price as a decent MacBook. So why not get the MacBook and be able to run all the heavy weight programs available for OSX. Like Logic Pro, Cubase (Which I use on my HP laptop).

But with that said...there’s nothing faster and easier to use than an iPad. You got great battery life and a quality screen. My google tablets suck by comparison.

I do have an LG phone. It works good. As long as I can Bluetooth Spotify in my car...I’m in hog heaven.

JM

The answer to sharing iphone/ipad data with your windows stuff is the cloud..
I these days save all my data in the cloud..
Which makes it easilly available on all my devices, windows, mac or ios..

You also say the only serious way to produce music is mac or pc...
But once you realise the latest ipad pro processor is as fast or faster then the current mac books pro... people start to rethink that statement.. now there is one hurdle, that apple needs to take... currently ios allows only the use of a single thread(core) for music making.. but i am hopefull ios 13 solves thatproblem..

If you learn the ipad like an ipad instead of tring to use it as a traditional pc (requires a different approach) then it quickly becomes clear why the ipad is so good at what it does..its not bound by the restrictions of 3 decades or more that each pc inherrits.. combined with the lightning fast hardware (as said that the ipad pro is faster then most intel based laptops) you will see the future is bright for the ipad..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470678 - 06/02/19 10:25 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Bachus thank you for all the information,
I am realizing that doing things on ios makes so much more sense which in turn makes it easier to get around and get things done in so many ways.

Edited by Dnj (06/02/19 10:45 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online