Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#470633 - 05/31/19 03:02 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Apple. Bose. Bands.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
(brownie points if you get the second reference!)

#470638 - 05/31/19 05:18 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
My LG G4 is getting old now, but it has a fantastic camera. You can change the battery if ever needed, or change to a bigger battery, which I have done.
It has SD card for extra storage. If it ever quits I'll get another LG more than likely.
I have found all the apps I've needed, but I don't use much in the way of music apps.

My LG 8.3 tablet and LG smart phone have both been winners..

BTW: I am not sure that apple apps dominate the market as we are lead to believe.. I know the vast majority of my music software works with Android and Windows.. I bet we would be surprised to know the truth..

#470641 - 06/01/19 12:04 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
My LG G4 is getting old now, but it has a fantastic camera. You can change the battery if ever needed, or change to a bigger battery, which I have done.
It has SD card for extra storage. If it ever quits I'll get another LG more than likely.
I have found all the apps I've needed, but I don't use much in the way of music apps.

BTW: I am not sure that apple apps dominate the market as we are lead to believe.. I know the vast majority of my music software works with Android and Windows.. I bet we would be surprised to know the truth..

Here is a list of musical orientated programs i use on my ipad...
tell me which ones also work on Android

- musescore
- songbook +
- forscore
- audiobus
- aum
- beatmaker 3
- garageband
- cubasis
- camelot pro
- keystage
- korg gadget
- korg iwavestation
- Korg iM1
- Korg module
- yamaha soundmondo
- yamaha music synthesizer
- yamaha chord tracker
- yamaha fm essentials
- Xmure
- Moog model D
- Annimoog
- Waldorf Wave
- Syntronik
- Sampletank
- Neo soul keys
- Synth one
- Digital D1
- Geoshred
- Aurillus 3
- Bismarck (soundfont player with strong synth engine)
- iprophet
- isem
- synthmaster
- factory
- Apparillo
- sunrizer

Please tell me how many of these high quallity programs and virtual instruments have an android version? To proof your claim that Android is on par with Ios for music making.. you have been making bold claims about android, so take up this challenge and browse how many of my favorite apps are on android? I bet you will just find a handfull that work on both,

Maybe there are some programs that do the same on android, but often they even miss the part that made me specifically choose for that exact program from many options on the ipad, like songbook + from a long list of sheetmusic readers because of its integration with the Genos.. many of these programs also work just fine on my iphone..

Now mind me, i am not talking windows, which is a competitor of ios on tablets, but surprisingly the same programs on windows cost 4 or 5 times as much as on ios.

Edited by Bachus (06/01/19 12:05 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470643 - 06/01/19 01:36 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bachus, my question was not only about tablets but Apple vs PC also..

I have been told for years how Mac is better then windows for music.. I have not found this to be true in my experience.

I have not made any "bold" statements about Android, I only question what folks say.

#470644 - 06/01/19 06:23 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Bachus, my question was not only about tablets but Apple vs PC also..

I have been told for years how Mac is better then windows for music.. I have not found this to be true in my experience.

I have not made any "bold" statements about Android, I only question what folks say.

Well if you question what folks say about ios leading position against android for music making, please tell me how many of the apps i carefully selected to use on my ipad also are available on android... you questioned, i offered you a question to proof your point... but then i guess we both know the answer, don’t we?

I also can tell you why people still favor apple above windows for music making
- logic X and mainstage are only available on Mac..
- performance gain of about 20% for daws on comparable hardware
- mac looks great and is build like a tank..
- real time processing is part of the mac kernel
- same goes for many others essentials for music making, which results in stabbility
- less critical hardware issues, because its all apple hardware
- cool factor/image.. some people want to impress others with expensive things
- mac osx when used to it, is by many found a more pleasant user experience..
- support of apple for customers.
- longlevity, many 2012 and 2013 macbooks still function great for music making,

Edited by Bachus (06/01/19 06:24 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470645 - 06/01/19 06:26 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Here is a list of musical orientated programs i use on my ipad...
tell me which ones also work on Android

- musescore
- songbook +
- forscore
- audiobus
- aum
- beatmaker 3
- garageband
- cubasis
- camelot pro
- keystage
- korg gadget
- korg iwavestation
- Korg iM1
- Korg module
- yamaha soundmondo
- yamaha music synthesizer
- yamaha chord tracker
- yamaha fm essentials
- Xmure
- Moog model D
- Annimoog
- Waldorf Wave
- Syntronik
- Sampletank
- Neo soul keys
- Synth one
- Digital D1
- Geoshred
- Aurillus 3
- Bismarck (soundfont player with strong synth engine)
- iprophet
- isem
- synthmaster
- factory
- Apparillo
- sunrizer

Please tell me how many of these high quallity programs and virtual instruments have an android version? To proof your claim that Android is on par with Ios for music making.. you have been making bold claims about android, so take up this challenge and browse how many of my favorite apps are on android? I bet you will just find a handfull that work on both,

Maybe there are some programs that do the same on android, but often they even miss the part that made me specifically choose for that exact program from many options on the ipad, like songbook + from a long list of sheetmusic readers because of its integration with the Genos.. many of these programs also work just fine on my iphone..

Now mind me, i am not talking windows, which is a competitor of ios on tablets, but surprisingly the same programs on windows cost 4 or 5 times as much as on ios.

Bachus thanx for the great list of app programs for apple I will surly check these out for my iPad...WOW!!

#470647 - 06/01/19 07:03 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Bachus]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By Bachus

- longlevity, many 2012 and 2013 macbooks still function great for music making,

100% agree.... I am running a MacBook Air 2012 with the newest Operating System, 128 SSD with only 4 Meg Ram and have not any issues with any software.......Sure, its not as fast as current models but it works for me.

When the time comes, it will be another mac for sure !!

Edited by rphillipchuk (06/01/19 07:04 AM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#470648 - 06/01/19 08:52 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Love that list as well! I wont be getting rid of my LG tablet anytime soon for home use, but I am thinking of moving to an Ipad to use with my 970, which is on its way here!!!

Thanks for all the great info!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#470649 - 06/01/19 08:59 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As I CLEARLY stated Bachus, I don't use music apps on my phone. And I didn't make any claims except battery, storage and camera.

#470650 - 06/01/19 09:13 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
We all use what systems work best of us. I say “live and let live.”

Someone made reference to Apple products being built like a tank. Back in 2009 I bought a refurbished Mac Book Pro laptop from Apple. Here it is 2019 and it still runs strong. I will admit I upgraded to an SSD drive, had to replace the power chord and added RAM to it but I have never owned a Windows laptop that has that kind of longevity. My only negative about the new Apple laptops is they have eliminated ports and have installed an inferior keyboard that there have been many complaints about.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online