SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#470605 - 05/31/19 05:22 AM iPhone or Android....and WHY?
Dnj Offline

I had android years ago.......
then switched to Iphone 4s when Siri came out,...
got frustrated with iTUnes vs drop & drag copy paste with android OS.
Now I've had Samsung Galaxy 6,7,8,9,....
but reading that NEW iPhone 11 is coming soon in September
and many apps are only made for Apple thinking of a change again.
iPhone 11
Love my New iPad also but at home use a PC desktop.
Hmmmmmmmm Decisions...

#470609 - 05/31/19 07:24 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Good morning, and I am in the same predicament! Have an older Ipad, and an andriod tablet and phone, but looks like most of the apps are usuable only with IOs , i.e. Apple platform...
May have to bit the bullet and get a new Ipad

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#470610 - 05/31/19 07:33 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: girljam]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By girljam
Good morning, and I am in the same predicament! Have an older Ipad, and an andriod tablet and phone, but looks like most of the apps are usuable only with IOs , i.e. Apple platform...
May have to bit the bullet and get a new Ipad

I agree I am glad I waited and researched before buying.....
super happy with my new iPad.

#470613 - 05/31/19 08:15 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Good to know!!! What model is it?

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#470620 - 05/31/19 10:49 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I had android years ago.......
then switched to Iphone 4s when Siri came out,...
got frustrated with iTUnes vs drop & drag copy paste with android OS.
Now I've had Samsung Galaxy 6,7,8,9,....
but reading that NEW iPhone 11 is coming soon in September
and many apps are only made for Apple thinking of a change again.
iPhone 11
Love my New iPad also but at home use a PC desktop.
Hmmmmmmmm Decisions...

Why i choose iphone..

- clean easy straightforward interface
- software support, almost a decade for current models, an i[hone 6 still runs the latest os, thats a 6 year old phone
- resale vallue.. i sold my 4 year old iphone last year for €300
- security, the appstore is 100% safe and virus free..
- build quallity (nothing beats apple there)
- i can share my apps for free on all my apple devices and with my fammily
- apps.. there is just more usefull highquallity apps on the appstore(espescially music related)
- it just allways works...and does what i want when i want..
- with the long life time(both hardware and software) you dont allways need the latest model

Edited by Bachus (05/31/19 10:50 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470622 - 05/31/19 10:57 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I say use whatever you feel comfortable with. Me? Going back to 2007 I purchased my first iMac computer. When Android phones were released I purchased one. I can't say exactly when since it's been almost 10 years ago but Apple made the iPhone easier to integrate with Microsoft Outlook the mail program I supported at my job. The firm I worked for equipped employees with iPhones and they were easy to configure system-wide versus the Blackberry devices the attorneys had been using. One thing led to another, the iPad was released I purchased one, then came Mac Book Pro.

Today I use a 12.9 iPad Pro 2nd generation and find it a great tool not only for music but for my hobby of photography.
So the story is I became entrenched in the Apple Ecosystem for quite a number of years. I still do today and when I retired from full-time work in 2013 my Windows use pretty much stopped. I still own a Windows laptop because as a former IT guy it's in my blood and I boot it up from time to time.

With the Iphone 11 there's talk that the top of the line model will have 3 camera lenses for different focal lengths. Maybe not a big attraction for many but if youo play with photography it's a breakthrough. Most TOTL line phones today take great photos and has really put a dent in sales of the so called point and shoot cameras.

Edited by Stephenm52 (05/31/19 11:00 AM)

#470623 - 05/31/19 11:46 AM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Always an interesting topic. We bought the very first iPhone (yeah - dumb enough to stand in line for hours and hours (More than Once!)). At the time we were a Windows shop due to our job. Over time we have added newer iPhones, iPads, and AppleTV's to the household.

As we were doing that we were still running Windows and running Calkwalk/Sonar as our preferred DAW. Then Cakewalk went belly-up. That was enough to move us from Windows to Mac, and we switched from Cakewalk to Logic Pro. (Of course, since then Cakewalk was rescued by the folks at Bandlab and is now FREE!)

Is it (Apple) a perfect solution? No, but since we are pretty much Apple everything - It all works well together. The odd part? To this day, we run Windows as a virtual machine on our Mac. We have two apps installed on that VM - Cakewalk (so we can open the hundreds of projects we did with Cakewalk) and a monitoring tool we use to monitor our home network.

Pick what works best for you. We are very happy in the Apple world and see no reason to move everything back to Windows.

#470624 - 05/31/19 12:19 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Dnj Offline

I have the "JUMP" feature in my phone plan provider which will let me keep upgrading to any phone that comes along in the future....
so maybe I'll hold out till September it's not far off and then change to the iPhone 11. The Apple music apps are hard to beat ..

Edited by Dnj (05/31/19 12:42 PM)

#470625 - 05/31/19 12:26 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My LG G4 is getting old now, but it has a fantastic camera. You can change the battery if ever needed, or change to a bigger battery, which I have done.
It has SD card for extra storage. If it ever quits I'll get another LG more than likely.
I have found all the apps I've needed, but I don't use much in the way of music apps.

#470629 - 05/31/19 02:29 PM Re: iPhone or Android....and WHY? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The one and only reason I purchased a smart phone, an Android ON5, was for safety while sailing. Sailboats are slow and comfortable riding, even during times when you would be getting your ass handed to you while aboard a similar size powerboat. The only problem is you cannot go faster than hull speed, which in my case, on a 33-foot, 15,000-pound displacement hull, is just about 10 MPH maximum speed - and that's under ideal conditions under sail. Under auxiliary power, about 7 MPH is tops. When you're in the middle of Chesapeake Bay and 10 miles from land and moving at 7MPH, it is hard to dodge a severe thunderstorm headed at you at 45 MPH. My onboard radar only has a 25-mile range, but with the phone I can see those storm fronts rolling at me from hundreds of miles away and find a sheltered creek or cove to take cover long before it hits.

When there are thunderstorms approaching, I need some advance warning, therefore the smart phone allows me to get that warning from a NOAA Weather Radar app. Additionally, there is a complete, marine, navigational GPS/Plotter app, which I have installed, which has charts of the entire US and most foreign nation waterways, including depth, current and tidal information - all at the touch of a finger.

For all the other stuff, texting, etc..., I just rely on the old fashioned and extremely efficient method - a good old telephone call works just fine. I can then have a two-way conversation with the person at the other end and they can do the same with me. Very fast and convenient, those phone calls. wink

The camera is pretty darned good, but doesn't compare with my conventional digital camera and my GoPro.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/31/19 02:32 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online