SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#470063 - 05/19/19 10:08 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
My 2 pennies worth. I would not be without my iPad not only for the gigs I play but also for everyday use. I’ll add that I wouldn’t be without my laptop either but for the most part the laptop serves me in a different way. I enjoy photography and the laptop is my choice for working on photos and enhancing them. The iPad has some great apps for working on photos and I do use it for photos but the laptop is the preferred choice. As someone wrote they are different beasts.

I love the fact that my Genos registrations can be called up by choosing a lead sheet on the ipad and vice versa wirelessly. I’ll give a plug to Korg and Mobile sheets pro here too because the Pa4x, my Android tablet work the same way on the Korg as they do on the Genos. Ain’t technology grand!!

#470078 - 05/20/19 05:05 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny, I use a 9.7 iPad with an OnSong app. I only use written music (notes) for 15% of my songs; OnSong can also display PDF files. When I turn the iPad in a horizonal position, the lyrics become 40% larger, which is all I need.

My question: You need to split a tablet into two or more parts; How are you using those parts? I’m always ready to learn.
John C.

#470081 - 05/20/19 05:52 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Donny, I use a 9.7 iPad with an OnSong app. I only use written music (notes) for 15% of my songs; OnSong can also display PDF files. When I turn the iPad in a horizonal position, the lyrics become 40% larger, which is all I need.

My question: You need to split a tablet into two or more parts; How are you using those parts? I’m always ready to learn.
John C.

Hi John...
I always need open on screen at the same time ....
you can see on my LT display 3 windows open
left,middle,right,columns, & Top left Win Amp player....

1 window list for backing Track songs that I
sing and play with plus style play with KB.
1 window for songs that I DJ
1 window for lyrics word files if needed
and my Win Amp music player...

we all do it different.

Edited by Dnj (05/20/19 06:18 AM)

#470116 - 05/20/19 06:18 PM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Thanks Donny, I have food for thought, John C.

#470540 - 05/29/19 09:39 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Update...
after looking into and trying & discussing this topic
with many of my pro gigging player friends the final solution
for MY needs was a 128G iPad running the
BACKTRAX APP CLASSIC for ios it works flawlessly
to play Mp3's & simultaneously show/sync lyrics with many options needed, custom
Playlists,scrolling,stop after each song,etc,
for musicians that play & sing. I also use a
TRAKFORM iPad tablet holder on a Mic stand which works great also.
using the Bose S1 pro with battery or AC wire.. with a XVive U3 Wireless Mic system Bluetooth really works well and leaves you cable free
http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=366

cool2

Attachments
Untitled.png

Edited by Dnj (05/29/19 09:48 AM)

#470541 - 05/29/19 09:45 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, CONGRATULATIONS on your 128 gig iPad, glad to see that you'll find it useful. smile

#470542 - 05/29/19 10:08 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny - "no tablet or Apple products for me" !!! wink
Just pulling your chain, my friend ...

Best of luck with your new gear and welcome to the 'new world' ...
Glad you found what 'works best for you' ...

#470543 - 05/29/19 10:17 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Now that Donny has found what fits his needs, and this has NOTHING to do with what gear ANYONE else uses, but I just want to say that last week I worked two gigs with my guitar player friend in NJ ...
He has been using the RCA Pro12 tablet along with Mobile Sheets Pro for playing backing tracks and scrolling lyrics ... I was quite impressed with how well it works (I don't use mine the same way), and answering some requests 'on the fly' resulted in no down time ...
It's great that there are SO many options available to fill our personal needs and budgets ...

#470544 - 05/29/19 10:26 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, I use the same thing as your guitar player for displaying fakebook sheets at rehearsal. For that particular task, I can't think of anything that would work better and it's far and away the CHEAPEST solution. As for Donny's 'turn-on-a-dime decision making....hey, he could be president smile smile.

chas

#470548 - 05/29/19 10:56 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... yes, I'm using the Pro12 also, for lead sheets ...
I have it linked to my KB via a USB midi cable ... if I call up a tune on the KB, it automatically calls up the lead sheet on the tablet, and if I call up a lead sheet on the tablet, it automatically calls up the KB settings I want for that song ... quick, easy, and as you said - cheap ... (but still of very good quality)...

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online