SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#470583 - 05/30/19 11:31 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: jimlaing]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jim ... I'm not EXACTLY sure how he is doing it, only that he does ... wink

#470584 - 05/30/19 11:35 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - answering the question about recalling registrations on Genos (or Tyros) via MIDI, I wrote a lot (and others too) in an old thread (Below). Yes, you have to enter MSB and LSB info, but I made an Excel spreadsheet that makes this much easier. If you want it feel free to message me and I can send it . . . or email me at

jimlaing at icloud dot com

Old thread; my stuff is well into the thread, on this topic of MIDI registration recall
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40330.msg318105.html#msg318105

Jim

Edited by jimlaing (05/30/19 11:35 AM)

#470586 - 05/30/19 12:08 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: jimlaing]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By jimlaing
Hi - answering the question about recalling registrations on Genos (or Tyros) via MIDI, I wrote a lot (and others too) in an old thread (Below). Yes, you have to enter MSB and LSB info, but I made an Excel spreadsheet that makes this much easier. If you want it feel free to message me and I can send it . . . or email me at

jimlaing at icloud dot com

Old thread; my stuff is well into the thread, on this topic of MIDI registration recall
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40330.msg318105.html#msg318105

Jim

Jim, Thanks for the offer but based on the ease of linking registrations of the Genos with the Songbook Plus app, I’m going to stick with it. I guess the only penalty I’m paying is keeping both Songbook Plus and unReal book with the same tunes, if I had anything to either one I have to update the other.

#470589 - 05/30/19 01:45 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj
People have been asking me about the Xvive U3 Wireless Mic Bluetooth system I mentioned in my previous post with the Bose S1 pro..
It works GREAT!
here is more info.

[video:youtube]https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/xvive-u3-microphone-wireless-system[/video]

And this is coming from the gut that dumped his mics because they were too heavy. smile

So the answer is to add more weight with an attachment shocked

rotf2

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470599 - 05/30/19 08:13 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have a few of those Xvive systems ... had 'em for months now, and I love 'em. They also work with line level signal, so I sometimes use them to connect to a powered speaker in another zone without having to plug in. Using the S1Pro, you don't even need a power cord. I have had several occasions to use a single S! on a stand, with the wireless plugin, and place it where it needs to be with no thought of wires, or electricity.
Tomorrow, I DJ a picnic for a local school, and I'll use 2) QSC K-8s on stands, each sending a wireless signal to 2) S1Pros on stands about 50' away from each of them for a quad-like experience.

#470600 - 05/30/19 08:22 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I have a few of those Xvive systems ... had 'em for months now, and I love 'em. They also work with line level signal, so I sometimes use them to connect to a powered speaker in another zone without having to plug in. Using the S1Pro, you don't even need a power cord. I have had several occasions to use a single S! on a stand, with the wireless plugin, and place it where it needs to be with no thought of wires, or electricity.
Tomorrow, I DJ a picnic for a local school, and I'll use 2) QSC K-8s on stands, each sending a wireless signal to 2) S1Pros on stands about 50' away from each of them for a quad-like experience.

Can you use 2 S2pros with one Xvive system mic... Stereo linked?

#470601 - 05/30/19 08:37 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sure, but you need 2 separate units, set to different channels. Your mixer main outs will each drive one U3. I know you can stereo link 2 S1s via bluetooth, so if you're using a stream for music, you don't need a mixer for stereo.

#470604 - 05/31/19 04:59 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Sure, but you need 2 separate units, set to different channels. Your mixer main outs will each drive one U3. I know you can stereo link 2 S1s via bluetooth, so if you're using a stream for music, you don't need a mixer for stereo.

Understood thanx Dave

#470607 - 05/31/19 06:59 AM Re: Which tablet R U using? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I am as most know using a 2017 12,9” ipad pro...

There is a reason behind that..
First i use it for making music.. (and not just for reading sheet music)

Many great virtual synthesizers are available on the ipad..
- these are not available for Android
- these are available for Windows tablets at about 5 times the price of the ios app (20 vs 100 euro)
I recently sold most of my VST Collection..

The ipad is really powerfull and can do it all..
With Camelot pro there is an awesome host in the making..
There is aven an arranger part planned for this host in the distant future

What the ipad offers that android and linux tablets dont :
- my favorite sheet music app is ipad only
- many pro apps are only available on ipad (not just camelot pro)
- software support for probably close to a decade..
- good used prices, and easy to sell when you upgrade.
- secure sceure secure...
- most apps that come with hardware are only ios,.. (i explained why severaltimes)
- and much much more..

Now Windows definately is a good option for a tablet..
But windows pro tablets that can run software equally well to the ipad are rare and cost twice as much as the ipad pro... ( high end windows vst’s like omnisphere rquire 32GB mem to run smoothly). Also the same apps on windows cost several times as much as the ipadd version..

Some examples of this :
- camelot pro : €20 vs €100
- a minimoog synth €16 vs €89
- Waldorf Nave €20 vs €100

Most of my sound needs are covered by modx and genos..
Thats why i mostly host Virtual synthesizers on the ipad pro..
And use it as a fullfledged daw..

Some examples of synths..
- Minimoog model d
- waldorf Nave
-Korg wavestation
-korg M1
- Yamaha CS80

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470621 - 05/31/19 10:52 AM Re: Which tablet R U using? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

An example of a free (midi and audio) player
The accessible interface is refreshing..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online