SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#470025 - 05/18/19 04:46 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: solomon8]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By solomon8
I use the Samsung Galaxy View 18.4". Works really good and great size.

Yes it's huge 18.4"...but it's interesting... thanx cool2

READ REVIEWS

Edited by Dnj (05/18/19 04:49 AM)

#470028 - 05/18/19 05:53 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM
Laptop still best for your needs DNJ.

Don I know that but always trying to find out about
new technology that might work just as good and lighten the load too..
But for now tablets in any form just don't cut it for my needs at all..

Donny, check out the Dell 11.6 inch 2 in 1 computer. I bumped up the ram from 4gb to 8gb.
Has a 500gb hard drive. Folds in half to act like a tablet, but opens up to act like a notebook computer. Touch screen running Windows 10. I paid $229 @ Office Depot. They matched online price. You get all the functionality of a full blown pc and tablet combined. I think the model I have is Dell 3185. Food for thought.
JM

Dell Latitude 7400 2 in 1

#470029 - 05/18/19 06:18 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

For music related things, an ipad is allways the best solution.
All the music apps are available.. and support for apple models lasts 5 or more years.(android software updates about 6 months)

However, its not a cheep options, but also for apple goes you get what you pay for.
If i had to compare apple to a keyboard brand, it would be Yamaha
Where android devices varry from Korg all the way down to Medelli..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470030 - 05/18/19 07:05 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
All the music apps are available.. and support for apple models lasts 5 or more years.(android software updates about 6 months)

However, its not a cheep options, but also for apple goes you get what you pay for.

Ipad is not an option since it cant be split into more then
2 multiple displays at once unless I am mistaken...
I need 3 plus a music player all on on screen open.

#470031 - 05/18/19 07:18 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
The 18.4 Galaxy view is discontinued; available used, and the stand can be removed (YouTube how to videos). There a new version out, the galaxy view2, 17.3" screen..

#470055 - 05/19/19 09:01 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
2 multiple displays at once ... I need 3 plus a music player all on on screen open.

Donny, you're not making a fair comparison. The ipad is NOT a laptop, and works very differently regarding open windows. The touch screen allows for instant access to way more than 3 windows, so in effect, you can have dozens of windows available, and a music player always at hand in each. They are different beasts, and if you take the time to adjust your technique, you may find that a tablet can be much easier than a laptop screen that is run by a keyboard, and mouse. I made the switch long ago, and haven't looked back.

#470056 - 05/19/19 09:09 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
2 multiple displays at once ... I need 3 plus a music player all on on screen open.

Donny, you're not making a fair comparison. The ipad is NOT a laptop, and works very differently regarding open windows. The touch screen allows for instant access to way more than 3 windows, so in effect, you can have dozens of windows available, and a music player always at hand in each. They are different beasts, and if you take the time to adjust your technique, you may find that a tablet can be much easier than a laptop screen that is run by a keyboard, and mouse. I made the switch long ago, and haven't looked back.

Well it looks like a road trip breakfast & tablet demo..
it will take a lot to convince me.....
but, if I see it in action for my needs as you say it will give me more to consider.

#470058 - 05/19/19 09:18 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Bachus

2 multiple displays at once unless I am mistaken...
I need 3 plus a music player all on on screen open.

What you want is a windows tablet/ all in one with touchscreen..
Even better, a laptop that can be turned into a tablet..

If you want 3 screen sections, i would go for windows..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470059 - 05/19/19 09:38 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I repeat ... they are not the same thing. Ipad offers infinite window access, and Zero delay looking for music player.
If you want a laptop - great, but the ipad has incorporated the touchscreen in a whole new way. (as usual, for innovative Apple)
Both have a place in the workforce, but they are not the same animal, so to compare the two formats is a bit unfair. They work very differently.

With that said ... I know where Donny is coming from. Been there, but moved ahead. Sleek, fast, reliable, and smaller footprint in the rig.
Donny - Come see my new studio, and I'll demo! (now that you're a man of leisure)

#470061 - 05/19/19 09:47 AM Re: Which 12" tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Come see my new studio, and I'll demo! (now that you're a man of leisure)

Will be in touch....thanx

cool2

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online