SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#468633 - 04/13/19 12:28 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I was talking about there not being one on the Crab Trap web site ...

As for the other pics, I think the best one is the young lady with the guitar ... wink laugh2

#468635 - 04/13/19 12:43 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

As for the other pics, I think the best one is the young lady with the guitar ... wink laugh2

Tony sorry copyright infringements ..... coffee

#468640 - 04/13/19 01:58 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Oh ... THAT website. cool The Crab Trap doesn't need to change a SINGLE THING about their business. They have this thing down to a science.

#468641 - 04/13/19 02:00 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Tony, that lovely lady is a dear friend, and a wonderful performer. She and her husband have an Irish act, and she also does a 40s thing with a small combo.

#468887 - 04/18/19 07:52 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

UPDATE:
Be careful what you wish for!

I showed up for work on Wednesday to find the sign empty, the place dark, traffic cones in the driveway, and a chain on the door. I called the manager/owner of the biz and asked "is there something you forgot to tell me?" and he said the property owner and he ran into a snag in negotiations (to buy the place), and he (prop owner) locked him (business owner) out! My nights had been pretty good for 7-8 months, but I think they were slow overall ... if I had to guess, he wasn't making the rent ... or maybe did something stupid.

Sooooo ..... in my ever "glass half fulliness" way - I now have Wednesdays off! YAY. Summer will now be a six night stand for the season, and I can do that in my sleep. Funny, how these things happen.

#468889 - 04/18/19 09:21 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Sorry to hear that Dave. Would’ve been nice had he given you a heads up. Had that happen all the time in the jingle biz. We’d do the work...invite the client in for the sing. After the session...client announces his a/c went down. Can’t afford the jingle. Still burns my ass.

JM

#468891 - 04/19/19 07:28 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

Dang! 6 nights is a bit much? I enjoy the 20 - 30 monthly 1 hour gigs. Even with that small load, I find it hard to do everything else on my plate.

So, I added another exciting venue - jazz piano theory at MSU. I start May 5th. Gearing up to play straight piano down the road. I have a great jazz professor who is going to show me the ropes. I have enough supplemental material to last a lifetime.

Bottom line..... keep on keeping.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#468895 - 04/19/19 07:54 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Herman on your new musical adventure sounds exciting.

#468913 - 04/19/19 12:42 PM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: zuki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Dang! 6 nights is a bit much?

NAW ... keeps me fresh!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online