SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#46801 - 09/20/02 02:02 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Bluebird,
Alec (Technicsplayer) has answered all of your questions in previous posts. I’ve just had the KN7000 a few days and would hate to mislead you on any of these matters. Please refer to the excellent information he has given the past several weeks regarding technical matters.
Frank

#46802 - 09/20/02 03:32 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Frank: Thanks for your excellent KN7000 review. WOW ! Congratulations on being one of the FIRST lucky people here in California to not only to get to play the KN7000, but to actually own a KN7000 as well. Sounds like your KN7000 is not only a terrific sounding instrument but a stunning work of art & design visually as well, and as such should compliment your equally beautiful home which overlooks your stunning view of the Pacific Ocean. I realize I'm going to have to make a special trip down your way to hear you play it. Technics has always exceled in classic orchestral instrument voices and it appears the KN7000 continues to improve on this as well. I've always been impressed with the KN6000 acoustic (Steinway grand) sample, so am curious just 'how' the 'new' KN7000 acoustic piano sound has changed from the already impressive KN6000's. Is the tone richer, deeper, darker, or? I'm also glad to hear that the 7000 key touch is now firmer than the 6000 because I always thought my 5000 didn't have enough key resistance. Frank, I'm sure your organ & keyboard club is anxiously waiting for you to put on a show for them featuring your KN7000. We're all looking forward here on the Technics forum to hearing you record some music (MP3 format) on your KN7000 as well. Congratulation again on your new acquisition. - Scott

BTW: If I end up purchasing the KN7000, I guarantee I won't be wanting to cover up the Technics logo THIS time. ; - Scott

#46803 - 09/20/02 05:11 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Eli Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks very much for your excellent KN7000 review.

regards

Eli

#46804 - 09/20/02 07:05 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Lucky Frank: Just can't understand how you, an actual owner can write such a beautiful. well thought out and worded post, obviously created in truth and honesty as you know the facts to be, and so many others on this and the Zone Forum, just cannot bring themselves to compliment Technics in any manner or form. It sometimes seems they just choke on the word Technics. I wonder why this is such a mountain to climb for so many. I of course, am a Technics owner, and love the "user friendleness" of their boards, which is so helpful for a beginner like me. I look over other brand keyboards, whenever I get the opportunity, but I would never put them down for any reason, as that would reflect on me and not on the product. Just one man's opinion of course, remembering what I have read on these forums, but not referring to any one person or person's. Have much pleasure Frank, and please continue informing us on the many things you will be learning as you and the KN-7000 really get acquanted. ARJ

#46805 - 09/20/02 07:51 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
You did a fine job on reporting your first impressions of the KN7000.
I have had mine for 11 days and agree that it is a fine instrument.
The amp. is powerful, the organ sounds are the best I have ever heard in a keyboard or in fact, on lots of bigger organs.
Rhythms are a compliment to the voices.
Only problem I have encountered is trying to quit playing it. It is hard to shut it off. This keyboard is a winner ! Lloyd

#46806 - 09/20/02 09:01 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
Nice report....Apparantly your computer system is also Macintosh....I found out early from Technics that the PC format was it. Won't know for sure whether there is a way around this siutation until I get
my unit. Anyway glad you got your KN7000 and obviously like it. Mel in Florida

#46807 - 09/21/02 01:18 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello Frank,
A good review for a very good keyboard indeed.
You say the following :
"The SD card reader is not included with the U.S. keyboard and the only one that will work is the one supplied by Technics -- just under $200. "
The sd card reader is not included in Belgium but since I bought a kn7000 in England there was a card reader supplied.
I already had a sd card reader (not technics) and he also works. It costed only 25$. Look at ebay you will find one at this price.

Alain falling in love with his kn7000...I better not say this to loud or my wife will....

#46808 - 09/21/02 07:02 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Frank, enjoyed your review. I have seen a KN7000 now and was very impressed....I'm hoping I'm able to own one also. The new organ tabs are fabulous!

Arthur, I know what you mean, I've wondered quite awhile why so many that post on the SynthZone General Arranger Forum are so Anti-Technics. I'm wondering if it's because Technics has always been geared to the home musician. Most of the other brands they like have Pro divisions. A PRO player can't admit to liking a "lowly" home player instrument. Funny I stupidly bought a Roland VA7 as a second keyboard. (Now trying to sell it) I hear them brag on the wonderful sounds while knocking the KN sounds. I hear the opposite myself. Actually I think my Kn6000 sounds better than Roland's top of the line organ!

Marilyn

#46809 - 09/21/02 07:41 AM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Will no longer have to tape over the Technics logo?

Why in the world would anybody want to duct tape the logo? Maybe the letters were falling off? Misspelled? Never seen anybody buy a Chevy or a Caddie, a Ford or a Lincoln and duct tape over the logo. Even if someone bought a Japanese car and didn’t want anybody to know they didn’t by American I never heard of them duct taping the logo. Duct tape, good stuff, many uses but that's a new one. I have to admit however I did have a strange application for the use of duct tape presented to me by none other than my wife Ruthie. As you all know we have been married well over fifty years. My cute, lovely little bride of many years adores me and cant restrain herself from kissing me many times during the day. When we wake up, when I go to work, when I come home and just for the heck of it sometimes. Sometimes even in public she gets carried away and gives me a little smackaroo. But there has been a few times during our married bliss she has suggested she would very much like to put a slab of duct tape over my mouth. Now that leaves me at a loss. As much as she loves to kiss, why the tape? Why alter the product? That got me thinking. Why? Just why do people do the things they do? Well, Ruthie goes every saturday morning to the local beauty works to get herself beautified. Women spend hours trying to cover up thing-a-ma-jigs on their face. Guys spend big bucks for phony hair. Got it! Enhancement!! That’s the answer!!! Enhancement!!!! Has Ruthie been kissing my roll of duct tape? Does she find a certain quality in duct tape she likes? Only one way to find out. Do it! Being a practical man I opened my tool box, grabbed the roll of duct tape and gingerly kissed it. Nothing! Using both hands I again pressed it firmly to my lips. Still nothing. Hmmmm. Could it be the other side? The hidden side. Always two sides to everything. I wonder. Peeling off a bit from the roll, exposing the business side of the tape, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and did it. I’ve got to admit there was a certain sticktoativness quality to the osculation. But the after effects was kind of like kissing somebody with very bad breath. Also it lingered. Finally had to go upstairs to the bathroom, get my toothbrush and give my lips a good brushing.

I can’t figure it but does anybody have any ideas on this duct taping thing? Why?

Grandpa Doug

#46810 - 09/21/02 01:01 PM Re: KN7000 First Impressions
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Get real, Grandpa - Technics keyboards are famous for pressing a button or two and making professional sounding music. No performer wants his or her audience to know how untalented they are, so they tape over the unmentionable name and no one knows what they are playing or pretending to play. This way, they can stick a wad of bubble gum in their mouth, blow bubbles at the audience and be praised for their great talent and sound. :rolleyes

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online