SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#466692 - 02/27/19 08:35 PM Any word on a new PSR?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hi gang....any word on any replacement/upgrade for PSR 975??
Thanks,
Lee

#466693 - 02/27/19 08:48 PM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

No.... I ll bet genos 2 comes first.

Edited by Dnj (02/27/19 08:51 PM)

#466694 - 02/27/19 08:59 PM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Interesting

#466695 - 02/27/19 09:05 PM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
No.... I ll bet genos 2 comes first.

I bet there will not be a "Genos 2".

At the price point... it is about time for Yamaha to offer updates that improve the keyboard (not just fix bugs).. Roland and Korg does this.

No need for a new model release, and surely no need for a 61 key model.. If they want to stay with the "professional" concept..

#466698 - 02/28/19 01:56 AM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

I bet there will not be a "Genos 2".

At the price point... it is about time for Yamaha to offer updates that improve the keyboard (not just fix bugs).. Roland and Korg does this.

No need for a new model release, and surely no need for a 61 key model.. If they want to stay with the "professional" concept..

+1
But, the big question is if the Genos hardware have room for much more than some 'make-up' and minor adjustments?
Time will show, but to me it's not any hurry, Genos works well for my sort of use.
To be honest, it's much more than I really need these days, but never the less, I'm thinking about to put a PA?X at top, if or when I come across a reasonable good deal.
It's fun to have fun, and we live only once. wink
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#466717 - 02/28/19 07:01 AM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: leeboy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Well said, Gunnar:

Life is so short... and we should do our best to improve it for others and have fun along the way.

This is a fantastic place to listen and learn... and you are such an inspiration to us all.

Regards, ----Dave

#466718 - 02/28/19 07:36 AM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: leeboy]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I sure like the way you guys talk, with my 3 arrangers, SK1, 2 controllers, and 2 modules. And that is just hardware. Whether I need it all, is of no consequence, as I have fun with my toys everyday. I even reach down to the bottom of my toy box and find an old friend I'd forgotten about.

#466730 - 02/28/19 11:34 AM Re: Any word on a new PSR? [Re: leeboy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
We know that each new PSR or Tyros/Genos offers some small improvements, but in general it stays close to its predecessor. Given that now keyboards are more updatable than they used to be (you can install new voices on PSR) the meaning of new models even decreases.

So I can’t really expect that new PSR or Genos will change the game in a significant way.

What would be more intriguing is if some new lines were introduced.

As I was saying about how Yamaha had to design PSR-S670 too close to a higher level because there was pressure from Korg’s PA series, the same way, I think, they had to make MODX too close to Montage, because it was hard to fight Korg Krome with MOX/MOXF.

If Casio would have had success with their PX-560, I think, we would now see a completely different product from Yamaha. If Korg introduces their own “Genos” for half the price, then we’ll see some drastic changes in Yamaha’s products.

Overall, I think, while we are used to see that pocketsize phones now effortlessly run very powerful applications (well, games), arranger keyboards start to seem oversized (and overpriced).

And companies started to think about it too. First, Roland Go:Piano was more or less successful, now Casio is trying to make digital pianos smaller.

It’s a time of portable things, like bluetooth speakers, and it can be a challenge for Yamaha to rethink PSR series completely. If it happens I expect to see something smaller, lighter, with touchscreen for the price of PSR-S775 or lower.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online