SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46584 - 03/10/03 01:13 PM Piano-Only Card???!!!
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Has anyone heard rumors (or better yet, facts) about any more up-coming ROM cards that can be added to the Technics keyboard?

What I'd like to see is a 16-MB card with only ONE sound - a "killer" piano! The pianos in the KN-7000 are really nice - but I have heard the Wersi piano (in their Abacus/Scala organs) - and it is a 30MB piano I'm told, and it is UNbelievable! Especially in the upper octaves. Would love to have something nearly this good on a card for the KN!

So, Technics, how 'bout a card with not 100 sounds, but just 1 really great piano (and, sure, some variation sounds with different EQ and filters etc.) - but one great multisample instead of cramming dozens or more in there!

Jim

#46585 - 03/10/03 02:24 PM Re: Piano-Only Card???!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jim, 16mb will not give you a killer piano[maybe 64mb]..

#46586 - 03/10/03 04:27 PM Re: Piano-Only Card???!!!
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Well, maybe less than killer .but it could probably be darn good .... but I wonder how much ROM, for example, is used in the "concert grand" built-in to the KN-7000? Now way to know, but somehow I guessed it would be quite a bit less than 16MB since there are SO many other samples in there!

Jim

#46587 - 03/11/03 12:48 AM Re: Piano-Only Card???!!!
zeerog Offline

Loc: bredene / wvl / belgium
Hello,

Yess the samples in the abacus are great! But . . . they are played like waves so uncompressed - the sounds in most keyboards (all?) are al stored in compressed form to have more space so i dont now how long the samples in the 7000 are wen they are played!

There is a system who uses wave files like wersi but less expencive. It's from a german company who make's modules for keyboards and now have come out with a keyboard (also as module) with an o.o.s (open sound system caled MEGA X. It even works with a very large touchscreen. They use also waves and it is a compleet open system. I've heard it in frankfurt and was amazed from the clear and crisp sound. Also the styles are superb and you have even the posibility to make your own styles or convert styles from other keyboards. More info on it you can find at www.branda.de

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online