SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#464853 - 01/20/19 11:25 AM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
My theory is that Roland knows there is a lot more profit in synths than in arrangers.

Inthink that Roland left the market above €2000 entirely..(except for home piano’s)
I think they concentrate their products where the money is..
Build cheap, sell huge amounts and make a nice profit..

With time, i guess we will see an ea7 update..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464854 - 01/20/19 11:47 AM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: Bachus]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By Bachus

..with a single large screen

Fran- ever try your ea7 with your sd1000, particularly for rt hand sounds?

#464859 - 01/20/19 12:52 PM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: sparky589]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By sparky589
Originally Posted By Bachus

..with a single large screen

Fran- ever try your ea7 with your sd1000, particularly for rt hand sounds?

Sparky I did not... I had them at different times..

#464860 - 01/20/19 01:02 PM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: Fran Carango]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It would sure be nice to see something new in the high-end department from Roland. I do agree that the G70 was the best arranger from Roland but of course we're talking dinosaur here. I guess Roland has lost interest in making high-end keyboard products? Maybe they think they can't compete with the likes of Yamaha and Korg anymore. NAMM is right around the corner but so far there's no news of a high-end arranger from Roland that I'm aware of. They have a new 88 key GO:Piano but that's for beginners basically and of course it's not an arranger either.

All the best,

Mike

#464863 - 01/20/19 02:14 PM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Still popular at my house John! smile

+1

#464868 - 01/20/19 03:59 PM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: keybplayer]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By keybplayer
It would sure be nice to see something new in the high-end department from Roland. I do agree that the G70 was the best arranger from Roland but of course we're talking dinosaur here. I guess Roland has lost interest in making high-end keyboard products? Maybe they think they can't compete with the likes of Yamaha and Korg anymore. NAMM is right around the corner but so far there's no news of a high-end arranger from Roland that I'm aware of. They have a new 88 key GO:Piano but that's for beginners basically and of course it's not an arranger either.

All the best,

Mike

I agree, if Roland would take the E-A7 and add supernatural sounds, a better screen and vocal harmony they would have a TOTL winner. But apparently the market is not there these days so something like an E-A7, with its world sounds (and lower price tag), can be sold anywhere with more mass appeal.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (01/20/19 03:59 PM)

#464869 - 01/20/19 04:32 PM Re: Rating my top three Roland arranger keyboards. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

In my opinion in a live situation the bk9 has a lot more over the EA7 feature wise, drawbars,
76 keys, SN, lightweight, dual screens, if you know what your doing. It's the player that counts not the keyboard as many would think.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online