SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#463968 - 12/31/18 05:56 AM You want a real pipe organ in your setup..
Bachus Offline

Try using the ipad for more then just music reading..

I think this will be highly appreciated by anyone using his arranger in church..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464011 - 12/31/18 04:01 PM Re: You want a real pipe organ in your setup.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

This sounds very good and it is surprising that it's not sample-based, but synthesized. I have a Mellotron emulation by the same developer. About $6 but their ultimate version is $74 now on sale for $35.

"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#464026 - 01/01/19 02:25 AM Re: You want a real pipe organ in your setup.. [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
This sounds very good and it is surprising that it's not sample-based, but synthesized. I have a Mellotron emulation by the same developer. About $6 but their ultimate version is $74 now on sale for $35.

Good to have found someone here that agrees on the incredible versatillity and options of an ipad.. i have come to believe that the ipad is so much more verstile then a typical pc/vst setup... and somehow fits much better with an arranger.. while its incredible fun to use...

#464045 - 01/01/19 11:16 AM Re: You want a real pipe organ in your setup.. [Re: Bachus]
Togge Offline

Nice!
There are also a few sample based pipe organ that are good.

Wonder if Ipad will be and alternative to computers. Seems a faster setup and less problems than computers but yet a computer seems to be quite a lot more versatile and offer higher quiality.

If you at the moment were to add a dedicated laptop or Ipad for a varaity of sounds incluing pipe organ and piano I guess the choice still had to be the laptop or?

Edited by Togge (01/01/19 11:17 AM)

#464049 - 01/01/19 12:23 PM Re: You want a real pipe organ in your setup.. [Re: Togge]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Togge
Nice!
There are also a few sample based pipe organ that are good.

Wonder if Ipad will be and alternative to computers. Seems a faster setup and less problems than computers but yet a computer seems to be quite a lot more versatile and offer higher quiality.

If you at the moment were to add a dedicated laptop or Ipad for a varaity of sounds incluing pipe organ and piano I guess the choice still had to be the laptop or?

The only thing where the pc/mac is still miles ahead of the ipad is acoustic piano’s..

Where ipad wins is the easy accesibillity and touch interface, which makes it over all more fun for home use..

But for a stage/gig setup, nothing beats a mac/mainstage..

But when you look at the prices of ipad apps and their quallity relatively close or on par to high end vst’s.. the ipad becomes a viable choice .. most apps are build for real time touchscreen controll.. and thats what the average arranger player will really appreciate..

Another example is the neo soul keys app, its identical to the vst.. but the interace and touch of the ipad make a diffrence

#464079 - 01/02/19 05:49 AM Re: You want a real pipe organ in your setup.. [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The main problem with the iPad is that all the apps have to be designed for iOS whereas a computer can run a multitude of software. (Although Apple claim the iPad Pro can do the same as a computer, it can’t, as anyone who has tried will tell you)
If you want something with an optimised touch screen that can be put on the music stand (Like an iPad can) then there is still no substitute for a 2 in 1 PC, (Apples refusal to implement a proper touch screen interface in their MAC OS is really hampering their sales) or the Surface type PCs.
For arrangers where convenience is required, then the iPad is great as it is easy to use, (Just like an arranger) but if you want to go above easy/moderate play then it is completely out its depth. (There also dammed expensive for what is offered)
As always, try before you buy, because when it comes to resale (If you find it doesn’t suit you) you will lose a chunk of cash, even on an Apple product.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online