Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463204 - 12/16/18 09:36 AM Re: Roland or Yamaha Sax? [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt
I
Originally Posted By Dnj
Roland Fantom G7 Sax sounds so much more live to me!

Now, I’m wondering why your response doesn’t surprise me! 😀

Fear not! Gary will tell you the Yammie has the best sounds on the planet ! ... wink grin

#463209 - 12/16/18 10:16 AM Re: Roland or Yamaha Sax? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Roland Fantom G7 Sax sounds so much more live to me!vs the compressed yammy sound...

There is so much more small nuances and dynamics in the T5...
i personally think Yamaha blows a whistle more then the rest where it comes to brass, winds and woods..

What i think you meant to say, is that you personally like the soundcharcteristic of the Roland better, which is a personal thing..

The genos can even improve the sound of the tyros, as there is more dsp... you could set up a little distortion, to mimic a bit of growl.. if you set the distortion to be only active above veloities of 80 and becomming even more audible over vellocity of 110 then you will archive much of the sound you prefer on the Roland..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#463218 - 12/16/18 10:40 AM Re: Roland or Yamaha Sax? [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I have a Roland Fantom G7 and an old Tyros T2. Even the sax in the T2 sounds infinitely better than the Fantom. In fact, I like the sax in my equally old PA1xpro better than the Roland. Of course it's all subjective but if you've been around the real thing all your life, you sorta' know.

chas

#463224 - 12/16/18 10:56 AM Re: Roland or Yamaha Sax? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I have a Roland Fantom G7 and an old Tyros T2. Even the sax in the T2 sounds infinitely better than the Fantom. In fact, I like the sax in my equally old PA1xpro better than the Roland. Of course it's all subjective but if you've been around the real thing all your life, you sorta' know.

chas

The Roland Fantom series is an amazing keyboard, look around more pros use it then many others on national stages and acts, worldwide to this day for a reason...you can create any sax sound nuances you desire if You know how on it also.

#463227 - 12/16/18 11:18 AM Re: Roland or Yamaha Sax? [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
They are definitely different, but I think they both sound very convincing and realistic. I give a slight edge to the Roland, and I play the T5. I impress a lot of people with the T5 sax. You can tell when they look up and have that "Where the hell is the sax player look".

Regards,

Jerryghr

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online