SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#461649 - 11/15/18 11:09 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, my wife loves being on the boat, just doesn't want to live on one that is under 100 feet long. I lived on my boat for six months and loved it. It has all the conveniences of home, far less expensive than living on land, and I can cross the ocean with it.

I never had a boat payment - paid cash for every one of the 17 boats I've owned in the 56 years we have been married. And, in nearly ever instance, I sold the boat for as much or more than I paid for it. I guess things must be different in central Jersey. wink

The snow is still coming down here, about 4 inches on the sidewalk and driveway and the way it looks on weather radar, we will probably get a couple more inches before it ends.

I just shot this short video from the kitchen door, and that pesky squirrel is still trying to figure out a way to get to the bird feeder without getting shocked by my squirrel zapper. Notice has fast he runs across the deck rail with he gets close to the feeder. He's getting a tingle through his toes from an 800 volt zapper just beneath the snow, OUCH!

Gary cool (The happy boat owner)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#461655 - 11/15/18 11:47 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, my wife loves being on the boat, just doesn't want to live on one that is under 100 feet long. I lived on my boat for six months and loved it. It has all the conveniences of home, far less expensive than living on land, and I can cross the ocean with it.

I never had a boat payment - paid cash for every one of the 17 boats I've owned in the 56 years we have been married. And, in nearly ever instance, I sold the boat for as much or more than I paid for it. I guess things must be different in central Jersey. wink

The snow is still coming down here, about 4 inches on the sidewalk and driveway and the way it looks on weather radar, we will probably get a couple more inches before it ends.

I just shot this short video from the kitchen door, and that pesky squirrel is still trying to figure out a way to get to the bird feeder without getting shocked by my squirrel zapper. Notice has fast he runs across the deck rail with he gets close to the feeder. He's getting a tingle through his toes from an 800 volt zapper just beneath the snow, OUCH!
Gary cool (The happy boat owner)

lol tell that to all the FOR SALE sign owners alongthe roads .. rotf2
get your snow plow ready....glad its just raining here..

#461663 - 11/15/18 12:32 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My son is in Virginia this week doing some training for his job. He sent me pictures of some pretty good snowfall. He'll be leaving there this afternoon, two hour layover in Atlanta, and then back home.
Pretty nice here now, 55 and sunny. Maybe winter is over, finally! smile

#461671 - 11/15/18 04:24 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: cgiles]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By ekurburski

This is why I'm dreaming of a motor home. Boats are pretty and I love the water but get sea sick in a rowboat.

Be careful what you wish for. I had a TOTL 40' diesel pusher which I was no longer able to use because of health problems in the family. I lost about 65k on the sale and consider myself lucky. No matter how well built, they will always be a high-maintenance item. When we bought our current home @ two years ago, the HOA would not allow a
motorhome to be stored, even if it were hidden from
the street. So in addition to high maintenance cost and horrendous insurance costs, there was also $250/mo. storage. Also, you will find that you won't use it nearly as much as you think you will prior to purchace smile. I have owned 5 small planes (1 A36 Bonanza and 4 light twins) and maintaining a large motorhome comes close in terms of maintenance costs. Your relationship with it will likely progress from love to love/hate to hate. Other than that, I highly recommend it smile.

chas

Guys: I’ve had my share of boats and rv’s. Took a little beating on them all when selling. My biggest beating was running a recording studio for 33 years. I should’ve known to quit after the good times instead of waiting for them to return. I guess that’s why I’m a cop at 64 years old. Makin’ Up for lost time.

jingleman

Edited by jingleman (11/15/18 04:25 PM)

#461725 - 11/16/18 06:20 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
I know, I know.
nothing I want is going to be perfect. If I buy a new kb a year later I will take a beating on it. It's that way with everything. So buy what you want when you can and enjoy it. Maybe I will and maybe I won't. Don't have the $ now so its just all wishful dreaming anyway.

#461727 - 11/16/18 06:40 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: jingleman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By jingleman
I guess that’s why I’m a cop at 64 years old. Makin’ Up for lost time.
jingleman

Thank you for your service ... clap

#461728 - 11/16/18 07:27 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: tony mads usa]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By jingleman
I guess that’s why I’m a cop at 64 years old. Makin’ Up for lost time.
jingleman

Thank you for your service ... clap

Thanks Tony

#461730 - 11/16/18 07:36 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jingleman, I was a Maryland State Trooper when I met my wife - the pay back then was $51.50 a week - not enough to live on. After a year, I went to work in the field of medicine, the pay was a whopping $125 a week. My bride went grocery shopping, spent $10, came home with 4 to 5 bags of groceries, including steak and chicken. Those were the days. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#461739 - 11/17/18 04:14 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: travlin'easy]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Back in the day I was chicken to go shopping for steak. My wife would have killed me. LOL

MEL

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online