SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#461612 - 11/15/18 08:13 AM I'm a romantic...
BradgeMusicTube Offline

And i therefor present you with my rendition of this beautiful song by Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias played on an old Yamaha PSR-GX76 (Basically a PSR-280 with 76 keys i believe)

Hope you enjoy it! And i DON'T want to be the only one uploading stuff so i encourage anyone to upload something! laugh

#461615 - 11/15/18 08:20 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for sharing this beautiful song, I was hoping it would be a vocal version. Why I say that is that sometimes instrumental lead melodies lose something in the fact that the translation of the lyrics timing to the keys & sounds is a very sensitive thing that is hard to replicate and must be chosen perfectly to pull off..
That said I enjoyed your performance tremendously and hope you will bestow upon us more of your work.

Thank you.

headphone

#461620 - 11/15/18 08:37 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: Dnj]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx for sharing this beautiful song, I was hoping it would be a vocal version. Why I say that is that sometimes instrumental lead melodies lose something in the fact that the translation of the lyrics timing to the keys & sounds is a very sensitive thing that is hard to replicate and must be chosen perfectly to pull off..
That said I enjoyed your performance tremendously and hope you will bestow upon us more of your work.

Thank you.

headphone

Yeah, i tried to come close to the phrasing but it's a very hard thing to do on keys.

I actually recorded a version with vocals on Reason 10 last night only to find out that A, i couldn't save it since it was the "Fully Functioning Demo" and B, i can't load the project since it was the "Fully Functioning Demo"

So now i'm sitting there with a saved Reson project complete with vocals and everything and i can't load it lol.

#461625 - 11/15/18 08:52 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Since you asked, I'll piggy-back this one. Live from 2015 on Korg PA3X.
https://app.box.com/s/ep9apy4tlfpppxf7nw3x1q3pndfcbflv

#461628 - 11/15/18 08:58 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: DonM]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

Wonderfully played, that guitar intro was realistic!
Really nice low voice, did you sing with the TC Helicon unit? Sounds good! A small clunker in the chordsection leading up to the chorus i've heard laugh But that's what making music is! Having fun is the most important

#461629 - 11/15/18 08:58 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A "note" about my recording. At the time, the joystick on the 3X was broken so I was doing all the bends and slides with the touch strip. By the time the part came in replace the joystick, I became pretty comfortable with the strip, but apparently this was in the learning stage.

#461632 - 11/15/18 09:21 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By BradgeMusicTube
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thank you.

headphone

Yeah, i tried to come close to the phrasing but it's a very hard thing to do on keys.

I actually recorded a version with vocals on Reason 10 last night only to find out that A, i couldn't save it since it was the "Fully Functioning Demo" and B, i can't load the project since it was the "Fully Functioning Demo"

So now i'm sitting there with a saved Reson project complete with vocals and everything and i can't load it lol.

https://www.audacityteam.org/

Have you tried AUDACITY It\s FREE?

#461635 - 11/15/18 09:27 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

clap Don......Julio & Willie would be proud..
well done in your own "Masonesque" way which I love!!

#461643 - 11/15/18 10:04 AM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

Tnx a lot for the entertainment. wink
headphone
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#461667 - 11/15/18 02:29 PM Re: I'm a romantic... [Re: Dnj]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By BradgeMusicTube
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thank you.

headphone

https://www.audacityteam.org/

Have you tried AUDACITY It\s FREE?

Yes i have, i used Cool Edit Pro as well, stopped using that when it turned in to Adobe Audition.

But i love Reason because it's super intuitive and i love the fact that you can use VSTs.
Was an avid user of Studio One but i find it to be a bit too CPU intensive.

And i can't get my hands around the older versions of Cubase, Cubase 10 is out.. But that's almost 600 bucks..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online