SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#461633 - 11/15/18 09:23 AM Mobile Sheets Pro
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I don't know how many here- other than me, and I love it - are using Mobile Sheets on a tablet , but I just found out about a feature I didn't know was available.
I recently had the need to add a second page to a song in Mobile Sheets (MS). I contacted MS and got a response from Mike Zuber (owner/creator ?). Using Mike's instructions and with a little 'trial and error' of my own I was able to accomplish what I needed.
After adding the second page of the song, I realized that this feature could also be used to create an easy medley of songs that might be using the same style/tempo etc. without the need to call up another song through my Pa900 SongBook.
For example, I have 'Blue Bossa' and 'Meditation' (among other bossas) on MS and on Google Drive.
Here is the procedure I used to make 'Meditation' a second page to 'Blue Bossa' :
Procedure:
Open the Mobile Sheets song list.
Hard press the song that you want to be the first song of the medley. Song 1).
Press 'Edit Song' at top of page.
Press 'Files' - Song 1 shows.

I then pressed the 'cloud' icon and selected 'Google Drive' - that's where all my song files are.
From the Google drive song list I pressed on the song I wanted to be Song 2 and pressed OK.
The screen now shows both song titles.
Press OK at the top of the page.
Screen goes back to the Music Sheets song list.
Press the Song 1 from above and Song 2 will show as the next page.

This is a really great feature for making medleys using the same style.
If you needed to just add another page to a song, I guess you could give it the same name with a page number designation, scan it into Google drive or whatever you use and follow the same steps.

I hope this isn't confusing, and that it helps someone ...
FWIW

#461654 - 11/15/18 11:44 AM Re: Mobile Sheets Pro [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Tony. Whoda thunk?

#461660 - 11/15/18 12:12 PM Re: Mobile Sheets Pro [Re: Bernie9]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thanks Tony.

If you store the PDF's on your tablet, you can use the same procedure. Instead of clicking on the cloud icon, select the folder icon instead. Go to the location of the file on the tablet and select the PDF you would like to add.

Regards,

Jerry

#461662 - 11/15/18 12:27 PM Re: Mobile Sheets Pro [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jerry, yes, that's true ... I should have added that to my post.

#461719 - 11/16/18 03:07 PM Re: Mobile Sheets Pro [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, Great information but I knew it already because you told me about it a few nights ago smile smile All kidding aside nice find that could come in handy.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online