Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#461576 - 11/14/18 04:29 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Snow is forecast for here Thursday - Damned I hate winter. Snow is a four letter word.:

Gary: Come on down to Cape Coral,Fl...you can still buy a brand new 1800 sq. ft house with all appliances for 210k.

Keep that sail boat in the water all year round!

Oh yeah great idea!

Outdoor gigs all year round as well Donny....

I hate hot weather sorry... Yuk

#461578 - 11/14/18 06:18 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I had to blow the leaves to get them off sidewalk before snow covers it tomorrow..considering Virginia...

Donny..I bought a psr950 for KeyboardAmerica years back while staying with friends in Delaware..guys got wall to wall Yamahas..and no sales tax. Ever go there?

Edited by sparky589 (11/14/18 06:20 PM)

#461579 - 11/14/18 06:35 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
I had to blow the leaves to get them off sidewalk before snow covers it tomorrow..considering Virginia...

Donny..I bought a psr950 for KeyboardAmerica years back while staying with friends in Delaware..guys got wall to wall Yamahas..and no sales tax. Ever go there?

No never been there ever, but sounds like an interesting store. ... I have many friends I usally deal with for purchasing gear dealers and private.

Edited by Dnj (11/14/18 06:36 PM)

#461580 - 11/14/18 06:52 PM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've fished out of Usepa Island, Florida at Boca Grande Cut for tarpon during their annual Tarpon Tournament. Great place to be in the winter, but much too hot and humid for me during the summer. It's a lot nicer in the Keys for year round living, IMO. Lower temperatures, low humidity and incredible fishing and sailing on both the Atlantic side and the Gulf side.

Don't need a house - I already have a great boat to live aboard and I can change locations to fit the climate.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
Saturday's Child.JPG (53 downloads)

Edited by travlin'easy (11/14/18 06:54 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#461614 - 11/15/18 08:17 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR

Don't need a house - I already have a great boat to live aboard and I can change locations to fit the climate.

This is why I'm dreaming of a motor home. Boats are pretty and I love the water but get sea sick in a rowboat.

#461624 - 11/15/18 08:42 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: ekurburski]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By ekurburski

This is why I'm dreaming of a motor home. Boats are pretty and I love the water but get sea sick in a rowboat.

Be careful what you wish for. I had a TOTL 40' diesel pusher which I was no longer able to use because of health problems in the family. I lost about 65k on the sale and consider myself lucky. No matter how well built, they will always be a high-maintenance item. When we bought our current home @ two years ago, the HOA would not allow a motorhome to be stored, even if it were hidden from the street. So in addition to high maintenance cost and horrendous insurance costs, there was also $250/mo. storage. Also, you will find that you won't use it nearly as much as you think you will prior to purchace smile. I have owned 5 small planes (1 A36 Bonanza and 4 light twins) and maintaining a large motorhome comes close in terms of maintenance costs. Your relationship with it will likely progress from love to love/hate to hate. Other than that, I highly recommend it smile.

chas

#461640 - 11/15/18 09:35 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I had a neighbor who decided to go the motor-home route, purchased a 40-footer, drove it to Nevada, where he purchased a home and tried to sell the motor home. It took three years to sell it, and he lost a bundle. He said it was the biggest mistake he made in his life.

Boats, especially sail boats, are pretty much constant maintenance, but primarily small stuff. Of course, everyone that has ever owned a boat knows the the word BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand. Fortunately, I am able to do the vast majority of the maintenance myself. Unfortunately, the boat is still in the water and getting deluged with wet snow.

It's snowing very hard here right now and there is about 3 inches on the sidewalk and driveway. I just went out and refilled the bird feeder with black oil sunflower seed, which made the birds happy. They were flocking to the feeder while I was hanging it up on the shepherd's hook. I'll shoot some vids in a few minutes so you can get an idea of what winter is like here.

The neighborhood kids love the snow - schools are closed and they're outside building snow forts, snowmen, and sledding.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#461642 - 11/15/18 09:42 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

I had a neighbor who decided to go the motor-home route, purchased a 40-footer, drove it to Nevada, where he purchased a home and tried to sell the motor home. It took three years to sell it, and he lost a bundle. He said it was the biggest mistake he made in his life.

Boats, especially sail boats, are pretty much constant maintenance, but primarily small stuff. Of course, everyone that has ever owned a boat knows the the word BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand. Fortunately, I am able to do the vast majority of the maintenance myself. Unfortunately, the boat is still in the water and getting deluged with wet snow.

It's snowing very hard here right now and there is about 3 inches on the sidewalk and driveway. I just went out and refilled the bird feeder with black oil sunflower seed, which made the birds happy. They were flocking to the feeder while I was hanging it up on the shepherd's hook. I'll shoot some vids in a few minutes so you can get an idea of what winter is like here.

The neighborhood kids love the snow - schools are closed and they're outside building snow forts, snowmen, and sledding.

All the best,

Gary

Motor homes,Boats, Motorcycles, etc,.. are all over peoples lawns with big FOR SALE signs on them.....its like a Boat also you get excited, got to have it, fight with your wife until she submits, buy it use it a few times, try to talk all your friends into coming on board .....and then it happens the thrill is gone, you hardly use it, it sits there, your wife is pissed to hell, your still making payments for years,....and then someone comes along that's interested and you have to dump it for a song just to get it off your lawn and make the wife happy again as she tells you..."See I told You So" wink

#461647 - 11/15/18 10:59 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Really coming down in NW jersey. Everything's covered.

Love rv's but watched video of a guy who broke down with a brake problem and local repair shop had to order custom parts from manufacturer so on top of repair cost he had to pay for hotel and rental car for a week until parts delivered and installed.,,

I think I may opt for one I can tow and leave it somewhere I can use as a getaway to sit by fire. Local ordinance doesn't allow open fires or fire pits without a chimney (chimineas allowed)..

Edited by sparky589 (11/15/18 11:02 AM)

#461648 - 11/15/18 11:01 AM Re: OT Snow in Louisiana [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Just raining in sj.. No big deal..

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online