Keep both of them life is too short not too smile

#461334 - 11/11/18 07:32 PM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Watched most of it. Outstanding playing as usual. Genos sounds really good.
No DNJ I'm still interested in one.

Are interested? Are not interested?

Does not really matter...just curious.

Not, I fixed it. Oh I guess I'm interested in keeping up with the technology, but I wouldn't buy the Genos even if it were priced right. smile

Don what keeps you interested in genos? confused1 confused2

I am NOT interested in Genos. It was a typo, which I corrected. I do like to keep up with all the brands, and I admit the Genos is the best sounding Yamaha ever. Even the drums are better, and it's about time!
It isn't a good fit for me, and I maintain it is WAY overpriced. At present I have three great arrangers, PA4X, PA1000 and Roland EA7. Something will have to go and it will most likely be the PA1000. The PSR S970 will ship out Tuesday.
The 4X isn't really mine to sell, just to use, so if that arrangement ever changes I will most likely replace it with another 4X. It's great for what I do as far as operational features and vocal processing.

#461338 - 11/12/18 12:37 AM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Said with the wisdom of a smart man.

Thank you Steve, John C.

#461342 - 11/12/18 04:59 AM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Said with the wisdom of a smart man.

Thank you Steve, John C.

You’re welcome John.

It's great for what I do as far as operational features and vocal processing.

Plus one on the operational features for live play.

#461350 - 11/12/18 08:47 AM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: bruno123]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By bruno123
Opinion:
the S975 YAMAHA is gentle with beautiful sounds – without editing.

John C.

This is important to me. I doubt manufacturers, even though they include options to edit, put their products out with the notion that they are loaded with mediocre sounds and styles that can only be good or great if the user dedicates countless hours to tweaking and editing.
Videos of demos from retailers or paid artists are done with out of the box sounds and styles which we use to compare. That's what you will hear in a trip to the store or online before you plunk down your thousands$$.
I say impress me out of the box. I will spend my programming time arranging registrations/song files, loading lyrics, creating setlists,practicing, singing,readying to play. I will edit as I discover things that I would like to change, but it is not my first priority. I can typically find a stock style/sound to use for a song I need with the plethora of them available from the factory.
Give me your best up front..that's what I'm paying for.
Of course there are exceptions as you go along. But my point is if I am paying full price for your instrument I want it complete, not half prepared where I have to finish it myself so by the time I do, there's a new model out that may have done it for me.

Edited by sparky589 (11/12/18 08:51 AM)

#461351 - 11/12/18 09:08 AM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Very well said, Spraky!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#461352 - 11/12/18 09:52 AM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: montunoman]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The Secret:
Play the keyboard 70% of the time --- edit 30% then you will find the enjoyment of playing music.

Editing and sorting and buying another keyboard can robs you of the reason you are playing music. I have been so guilty if doing the same thing; no more.

John C.

PS, I am not advocating that buying a keyboard is a bad thing --- it just should not be the beginning and end to what we do.

#461356 - 11/12/18 03:43 PM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: guitpic1]
Tostie Offline

I more or less never edit, as you can also see in my live stream. I'm basically only using OTS presets, which is exactly the reason why I like Genos. They are quite good (or at least 1 of the 4) so I don't have to bother about finding, layering - or even worse - editting sounds.

Best Regards,

Joost

#461357 - 11/12/18 04:05 PM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

I never want the factory to dictate my sound styles and arrangements on any keyboard... and sound like every other player...

#461358 - 11/12/18 04:23 PM Re: Live Stream Genos today [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What other players? You keep telling us that arranger keyboard players are few and far between and those that are still around will soon be gone. The only way you would sound like the other guy is if you played exactly like he or she does, and that's not very likely. And, if you were playing a Genos, there would be no one in your part of the world that sounded like you - Genos owners are rare as hen's teeth in central Jersey. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online