SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#461081 - 11/07/18 08:33 AM Re: A Pedal Atheist gets converted..... [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I suppose the only consolation is that he or she isn't fake playing. Some people seem to think we play the jukebox.

#461084 - 11/07/18 09:00 AM Re: A Pedal Atheist gets converted..... [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I suppose the only consolation is that he or she isn't fake playing. Some people seem to think we play the jukebox.

Bernie sadly that mindset in today's day and age will only get worse.
Seems no one cares but us musicians....Grrrrr mad

#461086 - 11/07/18 09:07 AM Re: A Pedal Atheist gets converted..... [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Without a SUS pedal, a piano losses 1/3 of it’s beautiful. Not being a piano I fell into using note harmony, I hate it. My reason for using is note harmony: – way back I had all to do with dealing with the buttons and controls. So, I took the easy way out, no volume or sustain pedals.

I believe the volume pedal is good when used at home or by an organ player. The Pro. who is playing for a group of dancers is better without it. “opinion” But, if used to control one of the right or left hand sounds, like strings or brass, it is a good add-on.

Tuned a piano in a dinner club for a good piano player. He called me the next day; I forgot to repair the Sus. pedal. Ouch! I would have remembered if I was using one myself.

Good post Donny, I just plugged my Sus pedal in, thanks, John C.

#461087 - 11/07/18 09:19 AM Re: A Pedal Atheist gets converted..... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I have yet to see a player with ALL these pedals playing LIVE in front of an audience not sound choppy or have to look down to see what button his foot is pressing creating an abrupt performance on top of that looking at the chart & lyrics......most times it looks and sounds very Robotic & soulless.
This is why I personally steered clear of using pedals on stage..

pedals are just like keys..
if you use them enough you can find them blindly trough muscle memmory

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online