SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#460674 - 11/02/18 10:26 AM And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have decided that I don't need the PA1000. It was intended to be a backup, or second arranger, but I find it difficult to switch back and forth between it and the PA4X.
They are quite similar in many ways, but there are just enough differences to make me be reaching for the wrong buttons at the wrong time.
This arranger is like new, used very little and in like new condition.
I will sell it for $1200.

#460675 - 11/02/18 10:27 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I have decided that I don't need the PA1000. It was intended to be a backup, or second arranger, but I find it difficult to switch back and forth between it and the PA4X.
They are quite similar in many ways, but there are just enough differences to make me be reaching for the wrong buttons at the wrong time.

good luck Don

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 10:27 AM)

#460676 - 11/02/18 10:34 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

good luck Don

I have mixed emotions. I like the PA1000 a lot, just hard to justify no more than I will use it. Thanks

#460687 - 11/02/18 01:24 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I know the feeling, Don. I sold the vast majority of my gear because it just sat around under the dust covers and never got used for years. I still have three dozen satin shirts with matching ties, two dozen embroidered, silk vests, and at least 15 Guyabera shirts in my music closet that have not been worn for more than 2 years. All are extra large, and all are free to anyone that wants them - just pay the shipping charges.

Now, if I could just get Carol to do the same with the stuff she hasn't used for more than a decade - that would empty out at least two spare bedrooms. wink Hope she doesn't read this.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460688 - 11/02/18 01:49 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I know the feeling, Don. I sold the vast majority of my gear because it just sat around under the dust covers and never got used for years. I still have three dozen satin shirts with matching ties, two dozen embroidered, silk vests, and at least 15 Guyabera shirts in my music closet that have not been worn for more than 2 years. All are extra large, and all are free to anyone that wants them - just pay the shipping charges.

Now, if I could just get Carol to do the same with the stuff she hasn't used for more than a decade - that would empty out at least two spare bedrooms. wink Hope she doesn't read this.

All the best,

Gary cool

YARD SALE

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 01:51 PM)

#460690 - 11/02/18 02:09 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
I know the feeling, Don.

All the best,

Gary cool

It’s hard Gary getting rid of stuff you have collected for years. Had to bite the bullet a few months back and sell half my teddy collection for the big move. Gave away a lot of stuff too including my clavinova. Glad I did, hard going from 5 bedrooms to 3. Still too much stuff, as I didn’t have much luck selling my 2 spare keyboards.

Maybe you need to downsize haha.

Don, you guys are so lucky being able to sell your keyboards relatively easily.
Did the 1000 have styles that your Pa 4x doesn’t?
Great to see you got another Pa4x.

Edited by rikkisbears (11/02/18 02:10 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460696 - 11/02/18 02:38 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

The 1000 may have a few new ones, but it lacks quite a lot of the ones from the 4X. Of course they can be loaded to User memory, or even to factory memory.

#460697 - 11/02/18 02:42 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

OCD Symptoms: Hoarding

The obsessions and compulsions associated with OCD sometimes result in an individual’s having difficulty discarding and/or acquiring items or possessions.  For example, some people with OCD have fears or feelings that something bad or catastrophic will happen if they throw something away.  In other situations, individuals have feelings of incompleteness if something is given or thrown away; they may have a need to document and preserve all of their life experiences (e.g., keeping all of the toys they owned as a child).

In some cases, a person’s fears of contamination lead to difficulties with discarding or acquiring items.  Due to fears that items on the floor are contaminated, for example, an individual may be unable to touch them in order to throw them away.  As a result, the floors in one’s home may be covered with items that should be discarded.  Contamination fears may also lead to a person’s buying everything in a store he or she has touched – and thereby “contaminated” – to prevent others from becoming contaminated.

There are a number of other reasons why individuals with OCD have difficulty discarding and/or acquiring objects.  “Magic numbers” may result in excessive acquisition, because a person feels compelled to buy everything in multiples of his or her magic number.  Avoidance of repetitive rituals may also play a role: a person may avoid throwing out old mail, for example, because it would trigger endless, anxiety-laden checking rituals.  Or fears of making the wrong decision about discarding something may be so intense that it becomes easier not to discard anything.  Regardless of the obsessions and rituals associated with this form of hoarding, the result is the accumulation – in some cases, excessive – of items or objects.

Examples of hoarding in the context of OCD include:Saving useless items – mail, magazines, clothing, cans, old food, candy wrappers, bottle caps, broken items; being unable to part with things that are not needed any moreHolding on to items for fear that they might be needed sometime in the future, such as books, newspapers, school papers, clothingBuying produce at a grocery store in multiples of 3 (e.g., 3 apples, 6 bananas, etc.) because it’s a person’s magic numberBuying every piece of clothing in a department store that one has touched (and therefore “contaminated”) to prevent others from being contaminatedAccumulating items or objects in a drawer because they are contaminated and cannot be touched

In the past, hoarding was usually associated with OCD.  The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) now makes a distinction between forms of hoarding associated with the obsessions and compulsions of OCD (as described above) and a separate disorder: Hoarding Disorder.

According to the DSM-5, hoarding related to OCD is generally unwanted and highly distressing; the individual derives no pleasure or reward from it.  In addition, the individual shows no interest in most of the saved items – they have no sentimental or intrinsic value.  People who hoard in the context of OCD are also more likely to accumulate bizarre items, such as trash, used diapers, or rotten food.

By contrast, Hoarding Disorder is not characterized by intrusive, distressing, or unpleasant obsessions.  Hoarding thoughts are part of the individual’s normal train of thought, are not repetitive in the same way typical obsessions are and usually do not create distress.

In addition, there is no ritualistic quality associated with Hoarding Disorder – that is, it’s not an active attempt to neutralize unwanted thoughts, images, or impulses. Furthermore, Hoarding Disorder is frequently associated with positive feelings of excitement and pleasure, if not exhilaration related to acquiring items (although distress may result from the product of hoarding behavior: clutter).

Also, individuals with Hoarding Disorder believe their possessions are useful or have aesthetic value, even though others would deem them useless or of limited value.  Moreover, they do form attachments to items and may experience distress (e.g., grief, anger, anxiety) at the prospect of discarding them.  This is extremely true for individuals who hoard animals: they have an intense emotional attachment to the creatures they hoard, whether they be dogs, cats, birds, chickens, rats, rodents or any other animal.

With Hoarding Disorder, the need to save possessions and the distress associated with parting with them results in an accumulation of items that clutter and obstruct living areas, preventing them from being used as intended.  Difficulties discarding items and/or clutter causes impairment in functioning, including maintaining a safe environment for self and others. wink

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 02:43 PM)

#460698 - 11/02/18 02:59 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I keep stuff because I know that the day after I get rid of it, I will NEED it. smile

#460702 - 11/02/18 03:19 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Hoarding............I’ve got a close friend who is married to a woman who is a hoarder. She has over run the first floor of their home so much so that when the tenant on his 2nd floor moved out, he moved to the 2nd floor he could no longer Iive with the amount of debris his wife collects. Counseling for her? Yes he convined her to get some help but that had with little success. Recently he asked me to take photos to document the disaster. I COULD NOT believe what I saw. Sad situation for sure I know looks and education don’t have anything to do with but his wife is drop dead gorgeous has an advanced degree in nursing teaches nursing at the college level and is on the staff of a local hospital.

#460703 - 11/02/18 03:25 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don, I almost wish my Pa900 wasn't still doing the job for me ...
Plus, it is LOADED in both Factory and User style locations with styles I've customized and linked to songs in the Songbook ... I couldn't possibly start over ...
Best of luck selling it ... I'm sure it will make someone very happy ...

#460706 - 11/02/18 04:12 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Riki, I have downsized many, many times, and I was very happy living aboard my 33-foot Morgan Out Island sailing yacht for six months. If the yacht was three times larger, my wife would still not live aboard, claiming it's just too small. wink

Additionally, I had a full music rig with me while living on the boat, which only took up the space of the quarter berth, which is a 5 X 7 foot bed space at the back of the boat. When you downsize enough to live aboard a 33-foot boat, then you have really downsized. I met a lot of folks while cruising the east coast that lived aboard 30 to 40 foot sailing yachts and one lady I will never forget told me that downsizing was very challenging for her when she realized that she really didn't need 14 pairs of shoes, 30 slack sets, a dozen dresses and she was now able to place all her underwear in a shoe box. smile They were a relatively young couple, had a dog living with them on the boat, and on their way to the Bahamas to spend the rest of the winter, then back to New England for the summer months. A fun way to live.

All the best,

Gary cool

#460707 - 11/02/18 04:13 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: tony mads usa]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
In some ways...arranger keyboards are a lot like boats. The 2 best days are the day you bought it...and the day you sell it juggle Good luck Don...that’s a great deal for someone!

Edited by jingleman (11/02/18 04:14 PM)

#460709 - 11/02/18 05:11 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

When you downsize enough to live aboard a 33-foot boat, then you have really downsized. One lady I will never forget told me that downsizing was very challenging for her when she realized that she really didn't need 14 pairs of shoes, 30 slack sets, a dozen dresses and she was now able to place all her underwear in a shoe box. smile

Gary cool

Omg!! First part sounds like my mother. Second part, me. Haha
Had to survive the winter on a couple of pairs of slacks, and a couple of way oversized heavy sweaters. Only thing I could fit over the plaster cast on my arm. Haha. Clothes hoarding not a problem for me, hate shopping, keyboards on the other hand were my downfall.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460711 - 11/02/18 05:17 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

The 1000 may have a few new ones, but it lacks quite a lot of the ones from the 4X. Of course they can be loaded to User memory, or even to factory memory.

Hi Don, thank you might do some checking.
I suppose when something isn’t really 100% identical, makes it not as easy. You have to tweak everything to suit the individual keyboard. Layouts are different .
You need to become a hoarder and get a second Pa4x. ( only kidding)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460713 - 11/02/18 07:29 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: rikkisbears]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Clothes hoarding not a problem for me, hate shopping, keyboards on the other hand were my downfall.

Rikki, you DO realize that you're the wife every keyboard player here dreamed of snagging smile smile smile. Now if you hated veggies and only wanted steak and potatoes every night, you'd be perfect smile.

chas

#460714 - 11/02/18 08:09 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Clothes hoarding not a problem for me, hate shopping, keyboards on the other hand were my downfall.

Rikki, you DO realize that you're the wife every keyboard player here dreamed of snagging smile smile smile. Now if you hated veggies and only wanted steak and potatoes every night, you'd be perfect smile.

chas

Hi Chas, hate veggies, luv meat, definitely potatoes, but my favourite is Bread , which I bake daily. My latest fad, is something you guys call Cinnamon buns ? ?
Worth baking again, since we moved , just down the street from the grandkids.

Probably just as well I didn’t marry someone who was into keyboards, wouldn’t find a house big enough to fit ‘em. Hubby ‘s the only thing that kept me in check. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460716 - 11/02/18 08:28 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I must be in an OCD relationship.

I'm an obsessive musician and my wife's a compulsive shopper. smile laugh

Jerryghr

#460717 - 11/02/18 09:31 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Jerryghr]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
I must be in an OCD relationship.

I'm an obsessive musician and my wife's a compulsive shopper. smile laugh

Jerryghr

Haha, I think i’m the odd bod.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460727 - 11/03/18 06:29 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I hope this does not mean you want my 970 back! Just when I was getting used to it! Drat!

OCD? Surely not? I only have three keyboards. The only one I've ever jettisoned was the Mini-Korg I bought from Cass... and I only did that 'cause I needed something to trade for a 910. LOL! We humans, as Shakespeare surmised, are not very bright. At least some at this site are very talented. Maybe that hoarding instinct eventually generates talent? If so, maybe I'm headed in the right direction. Okay, maybe not!

#460729 - 11/03/18 06:59 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. ... People with hoarding disorder may not see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. frown

PS set your DUST Free! coffee

Edited by Dnj (11/03/18 07:04 AM)

#460730 - 11/03/18 07:01 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Great Deal...Great Keyboard for Someone. Also Great Seller Mr. Don...Best Wishes Harold

#460736 - 11/03/18 08:25 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
I hope this does not mean you want my 970 back! Just when I was getting used to it! Drat!

OCD? Surely not? I only have three keyboards. The only one I've ever jettisoned was the Mini-Korg I bought from Cass... and I only did that 'cause I needed something to trade for a 910. LOL! We humans, as Shakespeare surmised, are not very bright. At least some at this site are very talented. Maybe that hoarding instinct eventually generates talent? If so, maybe I'm headed in the right direction. Okay, maybe not!

Don't worry, not interested in a 970. In fact there is one all boxed up in my office, ready for shipment. Sold but not yet delivered. smile

#460739 - 11/03/18 08:36 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. ... People with hoarding disorder may not see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. frown

So what rhymes with HOARD? How about BORED? What about people that can't seem to hold onto ANYTHING and trade everything within 5 minutes of getting it? Isn't that equally bizarre? Before being so critical of other people's odd behavior, it may be a good time to look in a mirror. Just sayin'. And is the guy that has 15 guitars (some of which they may have had for 20 years or more) a HOARDER or a COLLECTOR? And finally, who's business is it anyway?

chas

#460740 - 11/03/18 08:45 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

I really don't care what anyones addictions may be, but I wish them luck to get the help they need if wanted...
Chas there are 12 step programs for many hoarding disorders...
denial is also a big part of it. Glad I beat it. wink

https://www.recovery.org/topics/about-the-clutterers-anonymous-12-step-recovery-program/

Edited by Dnj (11/03/18 08:47 AM)

#460741 - 11/03/18 08:58 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
If hoarding gear is my biggest problem... I am one lucky guy smile

Oh Oh does this mean I got to make amends to my G1000 because I sold it.. grin

#460743 - 11/03/18 09:06 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I really don't care what anyones addictions may be, but I wish them luck to get the help they need if wanted...

Is there a 12 step program for SPA (Synthzone Posting Addition)?

chas

#460744 - 11/03/18 09:13 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj

Is there a 12 step program for SPA (Synthzone Posting Addition)?

chas

I know your jealous of my posts numbers Posts: 37158 and can't help yourself to click on them, but hey,... keep trying you will reach it some day wink ....now if you will please excuse me I am going to sit down and play my Roland BK9 and enjoy life. (,,,,,.....) cool2

Edited by Dnj (11/03/18 09:13 AM)

#460745 - 11/03/18 09:28 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I know your jealous of my posts numbers Posts: 37158 and can't help yourself to click on them, but hey,... keep trying you will reach it some day wink

Glad you put a smiley face on that, otherwise we might think you're serious; I mean, it's such a lofty goal.

As far as playing your BK9....you mean you still have it? Wow! Maybe you can MIDI it to Synthzone and that way you can play and post at the same time. Maybe the BK9 has a auto-punctuation feature smile smile.

chas

#460747 - 11/03/18 09:47 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Hate to interrupt, but does anyone want to buy a Korg PA1000?

#460749 - 11/03/18 11:01 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Hate to interrupt, but does anyone want to buy a Korg PA1000?

Sorry for the detour but...………

Attachments
he-started-it-gif.gif

#460751 - 11/03/18 11:05 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

smile

#460770 - 11/03/18 04:19 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online