SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#460674 - 11/02/18 10:26 AM And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have decided that I don't need the PA1000. It was intended to be a backup, or second arranger, but I find it difficult to switch back and forth between it and the PA4X.
They are quite similar in many ways, but there are just enough differences to make me be reaching for the wrong buttons at the wrong time.
This arranger is like new, used very little and in like new condition.
I will sell it for $1200.

#460675 - 11/02/18 10:27 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I have decided that I don't need the PA1000. It was intended to be a backup, or second arranger, but I find it difficult to switch back and forth between it and the PA4X.
They are quite similar in many ways, but there are just enough differences to make me be reaching for the wrong buttons at the wrong time.

good luck Don

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 10:27 AM)

#460676 - 11/02/18 10:34 AM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM

good luck Don

I have mixed emotions. I like the PA1000 a lot, just hard to justify no more than I will use it. Thanks

#460687 - 11/02/18 01:24 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I know the feeling, Don. I sold the vast majority of my gear because it just sat around under the dust covers and never got used for years. I still have three dozen satin shirts with matching ties, two dozen embroidered, silk vests, and at least 15 Guyabera shirts in my music closet that have not been worn for more than 2 years. All are extra large, and all are free to anyone that wants them - just pay the shipping charges.

Now, if I could just get Carol to do the same with the stuff she hasn't used for more than a decade - that would empty out at least two spare bedrooms. wink Hope she doesn't read this.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460688 - 11/02/18 01:49 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I know the feeling, Don. I sold the vast majority of my gear because it just sat around under the dust covers and never got used for years. I still have three dozen satin shirts with matching ties, two dozen embroidered, silk vests, and at least 15 Guyabera shirts in my music closet that have not been worn for more than 2 years. All are extra large, and all are free to anyone that wants them - just pay the shipping charges.

Now, if I could just get Carol to do the same with the stuff she hasn't used for more than a decade - that would empty out at least two spare bedrooms. wink Hope she doesn't read this.

All the best,

Gary cool

YARD SALE

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 01:51 PM)

#460690 - 11/02/18 02:09 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I know the feeling, Don.

All the best,

Gary cool

It’s hard Gary getting rid of stuff you have collected for years. Had to bite the bullet a few months back and sell half my teddy collection for the big move. Gave away a lot of stuff too including my clavinova. Glad I did, hard going from 5 bedrooms to 3. Still too much stuff, as I didn’t have much luck selling my 2 spare keyboards.

Maybe you need to downsize haha.

Don, you guys are so lucky being able to sell your keyboards relatively easily.
Did the 1000 have styles that your Pa 4x doesn’t?
Great to see you got another Pa4x.

Edited by rikkisbears (11/02/18 02:10 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460696 - 11/02/18 02:38 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

The 1000 may have a few new ones, but it lacks quite a lot of the ones from the 4X. Of course they can be loaded to User memory, or even to factory memory.

#460697 - 11/02/18 02:42 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

OCD Symptoms: Hoarding

The obsessions and compulsions associated with OCD sometimes result in an individual’s having difficulty discarding and/or acquiring items or possessions.  For example, some people with OCD have fears or feelings that something bad or catastrophic will happen if they throw something away.  In other situations, individuals have feelings of incompleteness if something is given or thrown away; they may have a need to document and preserve all of their life experiences (e.g., keeping all of the toys they owned as a child).

In some cases, a person’s fears of contamination lead to difficulties with discarding or acquiring items.  Due to fears that items on the floor are contaminated, for example, an individual may be unable to touch them in order to throw them away.  As a result, the floors in one’s home may be covered with items that should be discarded.  Contamination fears may also lead to a person’s buying everything in a store he or she has touched – and thereby “contaminated” – to prevent others from becoming contaminated.

There are a number of other reasons why individuals with OCD have difficulty discarding and/or acquiring objects.  “Magic numbers” may result in excessive acquisition, because a person feels compelled to buy everything in multiples of his or her magic number.  Avoidance of repetitive rituals may also play a role: a person may avoid throwing out old mail, for example, because it would trigger endless, anxiety-laden checking rituals.  Or fears of making the wrong decision about discarding something may be so intense that it becomes easier not to discard anything.  Regardless of the obsessions and rituals associated with this form of hoarding, the result is the accumulation – in some cases, excessive – of items or objects.

Examples of hoarding in the context of OCD include:Saving useless items – mail, magazines, clothing, cans, old food, candy wrappers, bottle caps, broken items; being unable to part with things that are not needed any moreHolding on to items for fear that they might be needed sometime in the future, such as books, newspapers, school papers, clothingBuying produce at a grocery store in multiples of 3 (e.g., 3 apples, 6 bananas, etc.) because it’s a person’s magic numberBuying every piece of clothing in a department store that one has touched (and therefore “contaminated”) to prevent others from being contaminatedAccumulating items or objects in a drawer because they are contaminated and cannot be touched

In the past, hoarding was usually associated with OCD.  The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) now makes a distinction between forms of hoarding associated with the obsessions and compulsions of OCD (as described above) and a separate disorder: Hoarding Disorder.

According to the DSM-5, hoarding related to OCD is generally unwanted and highly distressing; the individual derives no pleasure or reward from it.  In addition, the individual shows no interest in most of the saved items – they have no sentimental or intrinsic value.  People who hoard in the context of OCD are also more likely to accumulate bizarre items, such as trash, used diapers, or rotten food.

By contrast, Hoarding Disorder is not characterized by intrusive, distressing, or unpleasant obsessions.  Hoarding thoughts are part of the individual’s normal train of thought, are not repetitive in the same way typical obsessions are and usually do not create distress.

In addition, there is no ritualistic quality associated with Hoarding Disorder – that is, it’s not an active attempt to neutralize unwanted thoughts, images, or impulses. Furthermore, Hoarding Disorder is frequently associated with positive feelings of excitement and pleasure, if not exhilaration related to acquiring items (although distress may result from the product of hoarding behavior: clutter).

Also, individuals with Hoarding Disorder believe their possessions are useful or have aesthetic value, even though others would deem them useless or of limited value.  Moreover, they do form attachments to items and may experience distress (e.g., grief, anger, anxiety) at the prospect of discarding them.  This is extremely true for individuals who hoard animals: they have an intense emotional attachment to the creatures they hoard, whether they be dogs, cats, birds, chickens, rats, rodents or any other animal.

With Hoarding Disorder, the need to save possessions and the distress associated with parting with them results in an accumulation of items that clutter and obstruct living areas, preventing them from being used as intended.  Difficulties discarding items and/or clutter causes impairment in functioning, including maintaining a safe environment for self and others. wink

Edited by Dnj (11/02/18 02:43 PM)

#460698 - 11/02/18 02:59 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I keep stuff because I know that the day after I get rid of it, I will NEED it. smile

#460702 - 11/02/18 03:19 PM Re: And the beat goes on . . . Korg PA1000 [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Hoarding............I’ve got a close friend who is married to a woman who is a hoarder. She has over run the first floor of their home so much so that when the tenant on his 2nd floor moved out, he moved to the 2nd floor he could no longer Iive with the amount of debris his wife collects. Counseling for her? Yes he convined her to get some help but that had with little success. Recently he asked me to take photos to document the disaster. I COULD NOT believe what I saw. Sad situation for sure I know looks and education don’t have anything to do with but his wife is drop dead gorgeous has an advanced degree in nursing teaches nursing at the college level and is on the staff of a local hospital.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online