SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460328 - 10/27/18 12:29 AM Pipe bombs in the mail ????
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Don't know if it is just me but when it comes to the pipe bombs that were mailed don't you think USPS really dropped the ball and should offer us an explanation. If I was a postal clerk and someone handed me a parcel that was addressed to Barrack Obama or Robert De Niro or any of the high profile recipients and I read the address like I have to to see how much it will cost to send ... um I wouldn't be touching that parcel and would press a silent security alarm button to have security come and take over. Are postal clerks really not that intuitive? I guess not. I would also make a lame excuse to leave and back well away from the counter.

#460410 - 10/28/18 05:30 AM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah, but what is more disturbing to me is what has happened to this country over the past two years. I cringe when I see what has now become acceptable behavior. Some say that these current attitudes have always been there, smoldering beneath the surface, just waiting to be uncorked like a bottle of shaken champagne. I'm sort of glad I don't have much more time here to witness the total annihilation of all that America used to stand for, but I grieve for my grandchildren that will have live with the aftermath of what this administration has foisted upon us. I grieve too for that third of the country who still naively believes that this administration is working for THEM; despite the likelihood of losing their healthcare protections and the myth of tax breaks that only benefit large corporations and those individuals wealthy enough to not need it in the first place. As it says in the Bible, "there is none so blind as he that WILL NOT see".

How long before we 'normalize' rape and murder? Well I guess it depends on WHO is getting raped and murdered. When neo-Nazis are 'fine people' but NFL players engaged in peaceful (and lawful) protest are dubbed "thugs" (dog whistle) who disrespect the military and our flag (blatant lie), and this 'message' comes from the top, is it any surprise that the incidence of hate crimes is 'through the roof' and shootings and pipe bombs are starting to appear as routine occurrences.

Oh well, if Congress chooses to ignore it, I guess we can't expect ordinary citizens to do better....or can we?

chas

#460450 - 10/28/18 11:22 PM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: cgiles]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Gospel of Matthew, chapter 26, verse 52, an unnamed follower of Jesus draws his sword and cuts off the ear of a servant of the high priest. Jesus then says to him: Converte gladium tuum in locum suum - Live by the sword, die by the sword. Violence begets violence, but America must have her guns and must defend itself - against itself.
A lot of violence is organised to get things like martial law and higher taxes to do things, and to force the working class to be submissive IMO.

Also, didn't it take the ordinary man / woman to tame and build this country called America? Didn't it all start with normal people wanting something for themselves and their families and friends?

Of course and it could be again, all it would take is....it to be done by the people for the people, not by corporations and rich men/women to bleed the average Joe to get what they ( big business) wants.

Just a few thoughts.........

Allan

#460477 - 10/29/18 02:37 PM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Collectively, we (as in the folks who posted on this thread), need to be vigilant standard bearers of decency and harmony for all honest contributors of our society.

Recent low class meanness is just pathetic.

Thanks, folks, for your sincere efforts to make the world a better place.

Russ

#460534 - 10/30/18 10:53 AM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: Nigel]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The pipe bombing plot, the killing at the synagogues in Pittsburgh, the use of desperate Central Americans as political pawns, and a general sense that there is a “ green light” for horrible and divisive behavior motivated me to vote for first time in a mid term election.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#460538 - 10/30/18 12:52 PM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, it doesn't surprise me that you took the time to respond to these posts detailing this serious, unnecessary and life altering trend.

BTW, you're joining a select group of "good guys" whom I respect highly and who's opinions really matter.

Thanks,

Russ

#460540 - 10/30/18 01:19 PM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Very encouraging Paul, I hope others follow your example. Let's all do what we can to promote a return to sanity.

chas

#460633 - 11/01/18 09:52 AM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By cgiles
Very encouraging Paul, I hope others follow your example. Let's all do what we can to promote a return to sanity.

chas

Thanks Chas. Sometimes I wonder if we've progressed or not a society. I feel as though things keep getting worse but I know many members here have lived through some horrific stuff.

I guess I feel like progress has been made in the last 100 years, but we have seemed to take a few step backwards in recent years.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#461634 - 11/15/18 09:25 AM Re: Pipe bombs in the mail ???? [Re: montunoman]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Posted related thoughts today in "Mid-term Elections" thread..

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online