SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#460320 - 10/26/18 02:29 PM Logic Daw ? Or etc, etc,..
Dnj Offline

I have been using Mixcraft Pro 8 for a while
https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-pro-studio.html

but many people are praising Logic for some reason....
can anybody using it tell us more about it and why it is so good vs other Daw programs?

Edited by Dnj (10/27/18 06:55 AM)

#460323 - 10/26/18 05:08 PM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Logic Pro is an excellent program. If I were a Mac man...I’d definitely be using it. It’s easier to use than other Mac programs...Pro Tools...Digital Performer...Cubase...all of which I have tried.

The biggest caveat is switching to the Mac camp, which requires converting all of your other utilized pc programs over to Mac.

Another consideration is learning another daw. Even though Logic is considered easy to use...there will definitely be a learning curve. In the end...you will probably not be that much further ahead than you are with Mixcraft.

But, if your up for the Mac switch...Logic would be the way to go.

#460324 - 10/26/18 06:06 PM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Thanks for the info jingleman ....
Think I will stay with Mixcraft 8 pro which is awesome ....
Not ready for a Mac turnover...

#460331 - 10/27/18 03:05 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
As one music producer I know explains, ProTools is the best tool to work with a ready multitrack, to make a proper mixing and to record vocals. He says it's not the best way to make music from scratch; Logic and Cubase are more suitable for this purpose. But as I understand this is a case when a lot of VST’s and MIDI are involved in the process. Also, as he says, if the goal is to make a good demo, it should be done with the software you're most comfortable with, because nowadays most of it is rather decent. ProTools is actually a hardware plus software and as I see it unless you want to make a living as a sound engineer there isn’t much need in it.

Sorry for changing the subject, but I see Roland on your avatar again so I’m curious what is your keyboard now?

#460332 - 10/27/18 03:56 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Dnj]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
We were a Cakewalk user for many years. Along the way 1/2 of the team switched to Logic. When Cakewalk went belly up, we switched to Logic to be compatible in both studios. Makes things easier when transferring projects back and forth. Of course, Bandlab has since rescued Cakewalk, and we do have a copy of that running to allow access to older projects stored in native Cakewalk format. We did have to go through the whole Mac conversation mentioned above. That wasn't too bad since we run an Apple ecosystem for just about everything else in the house. Non the less it did cost a few $$$ to switch over some of our non-music software. Logic offers a ton of "stuff" (loops, VST's, effects) for the price. To help justify the switch (at least in my mind), Native Instruments fully supported Logic and integration with our controller and NKS compatible VST's. Something Cakewalk didn't offer and far as I know still doesn't.

We are about ten months into running on Logic and slowly learning. We still find some things easier to do in Cakewalk but push forward learning the "Logic" way to do things. Like many things - Your mileage may vary.

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (10/27/18 05:59 AM)

#460336 - 10/27/18 06:42 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
Sorry for changing the subject, but I see Roland on your avatar again so I’m curious what is your keyboard now?

Kabinopus, Roland BK9 cool2 ...really enjoying playing it at home and the one Arranger KB I held out for and always was curious about, but now so glad I have one for many reasons as I explore its great features and get comfortable with it. Will post more experiences as I go along.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=roland+bk+9+super+natural+sounds

take care

Edited by Dnj (10/27/18 06:44 AM)

#460337 - 10/27/18 06:43 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Logic pro is the daw that offers most vallue for the money
It has an incredible intuitive workflow
Comes with more instruments and loops then any other daw

Its te most obvious choice if you don’t need the absolute best mastering workflow of protools(thats still the most used staudio daw)
And don’t need the clip launching interface of Ableton live and bitwig
Nor the Yamaha integration of Cubase..

Then this is your best bet..
Its €200 and somfar upgrades have allways been free, and probably will
But it requires a macbook..or other apple computer
So logic is the most logical choice for people that own macbooks.

But is it worth buying a macbook for?
Thats the question.
For me it is, espescially combined with mainstage.. which is the affiliated keyboardhost from the same development team

If you own a PC however, and want something close to Logic, i would say Cubase iss great..
Or go for FL studio, Ableton live or Bitwig, if you want an alternative more loopbased workflow

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460338 - 10/27/18 06:50 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Logic pro is the daw that offers most vallue for the money
It has an incredible intuitive workflow
Comes with more instruments and loops then any other daw

Its te most obvious choice if you don’t need the absolute best mastering workflow of protools(thats still the most used staudio daw)
And don’t need the clip launching interface of Ableton live and bitwig
Nor the Yamaha integration of Cubase..

Then this is your best bet..
Its €200 and somfar upgrades have allways been free, and probably will
But it requires a macbook..or other apple computer
So logic is the most logical choice for people that own macbooks.

But is it worth buying a macbook for?
Thats the question.
For me it is, espescially combined with mainstage.. which is the affiliated keyboardhost from the same development team

If you own a PC however, and want something close to Logic, i would say Cubase iss great..
Or go for FL studio, Ableton live or Bitwig, if you want an alternative more loopbased workflow

Thanx bachus for the info since I don't use Apple or mac anything in my life I guess at this point Logic is out. I was just wondering not that I dont enjoy the workflow of Mixcraft 8 pro
https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-pro-studio.html

but, what would be the BEST PC DAW for use to record demos and most importantly easily master vocals & music tracks etc, to a final mix and why?..thanx

#460339 - 10/27/18 06:54 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt
We were a Cakewalk user for many years. Along the way 1/2 of the team switched to Logic. When Cakewalk went belly up, we switched to Logic to be compatible in both studios. Makes things easier when transferring projects back and forth. Of course, Bandlab has since rescued Cakewalk, and we do have a copy of that running to allow access to older projects stored in native Cakewalk format. We did have to go through the whole Mac conversation mentioned above. That wasn't too bad since we run an Apple ecosystem for just about everything else in the house. Non the less it did cost a few $$$ to switch over some of our non-music software. Logic offers a ton of "stuff" (loops, VST's, effects) for the price. To help justify the switch (at least in my mind), Native Instruments fully supported Logic and integration with our controller and NKS compatible VST's. Something Cakewalk didn't offer and far as I know still doesn't.

We are about ten months into running on Logic and slowly learning. We still find some things easier to do in Cakewalk but push forward learning the "Logic" way to do things. Like many things - Your mileage may vary.

Curt appreciate the info...actually I tried the Bandlab Program demo but could not warm up to it...
easy work flow balanced recording from beginning to end
is what I am after..

Edited by Dnj (10/27/18 06:57 AM)

#460340 - 10/27/18 07:02 AM Re: logic Daw ? Or [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

PreSonus Studio One music creation and production software has also been a top recommendation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online