SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457535 - 09/05/18 12:15 PM OAS vs. OAX-1.x vs. OAX-2.0
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Let’s do another compare!

OAX-2.0 has been out for a while now. Over that time we have observed a fair number of comments. Some positive, some, not so much! Now that most of us have had some “runtime” on OAX 2.0 it seems like a perfect time to dust off our first compare of OAS vs. OAX 1.x but this time, add in OAX 2.0.

Take a listen and tell us what you think?

#459569 - 10/12/18 03:31 PM Re: OAS vs. OAX-1.x vs. OAX-2.0 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Been a fan of Wersi string sounds, esp slow strings, since friend introduced me to them on a Pegasus 2+ module I still use. The oax1 demo still does justice to the strings but the oax2 thins them out. Maybe it is just volume as someone pointed out, or compression? I hope they don't mess with those lush strings and keep them full.

#459583 - 10/13/18 03:55 AM Re: OAS vs. OAX-1.x vs. OAX-2.0 [Re: sparky589]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Not sure that I will ever get around to this but one thing that would be interesting to try: On the OAX 2.x example we used the factory EQ setting for a 700LS - Mainly as that's the model we own and were recording on. There is one other factory EQ setting in OAX 2.x. The EQ curve in the 700LS setting takes some of the low-mids out (I suspect due to the relatively small speakers in the 700LS). I wonder if folks would be happier with 2.0 in the compare if we were to re-do and use the other EQ setting?

#459585 - 10/13/18 05:37 AM Re: OAS vs. OAX-1.x vs. OAX-2.0 [Re: sparky589]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By sparky589
Been a fan of Wersi string sounds, esp slow strings, since friend introduced me to them on a Pegasus 2+ module I still use. The oax1 demo still does justice to the strings but the oax2 thins them out. Maybe it is just volume as someone pointed out, or compression? I hope they don't mess with those lush strings and keep them full.

The v2.00 software is a disaster in both sounds and features however make your own judgement here with Claudia Hirschfeld. (If you listen to her other recordings on YouTube with an earlier version of OAX, (Or even OAS) you will find they blow V2.00 out of the water, and if she cannot get anything decent out of V2.00 the normal player has no chance)

Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online