SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#458390 - 09/20/18 09:11 PM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
My wish list...

More compact design... lots of wasted space inside!

A flat back... easier right angle cable hookup and to fit a case better. I travel with my Genos twice a week. If I set it down... to open a door or talk to someone... I need to lean it against a wall or my leg. Since the back is not flat, it leans and wants to fall.

Add a Sequencer like the Motif series... linear and pattern.

Or even an iPad app that will let me create backing tracks with those wonderful sounds!

If they add pattern mode to an ipad app..
Maybe they should also add other functions to it..
Like edditing sounds on the level of the montage
Piano roll edditor for edditing midi tracks and style track
Integration with other ipad music apps..(audiobus support)
Displaying lyrics and score on the ipad inside the app
Abillity to assign unused song parts to the keyboard..
Option to stream audio from the ipad to the genos over usb..

With all the piano’s having ipad apps, why not feature this for the genos too?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458396 - 09/21/18 04:44 AM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Seems to me, the more you go in this direction, the more you lean towards technology and away from music (or PLAYING the instrument). This 'wish list' sounds more like it's coming from a PRODUCER than from a musician. JMO.

chas

#458397 - 09/21/18 05:28 AM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Seems to me, the more you go in this direction, the more you lean towards technology and away from music (or PLAYING the instrument). This 'wish list' sounds more like it's coming from a PRODUCER than from a musician. JMO.

chas

Good thoughts! Sometimes I wish I had never got involved with arrangers and stuck with playing piano for my own enjoyment and playing an occasional cocktail hour. The more I play arrangers the more my piano chops have headed downward.

#458399 - 09/21/18 06:13 AM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

chas

Partly true...

Most of my wishes are creative tools..
And that fits many arranger payers quite well
Using tools for where we fall short in being a concert pianist..
These creative tools allow us to sound authentic when playing on top of a backing..

Now don’t get me wrong, i am training my piano skills for atleast an hour every day, but i sound much better when playing a fullfledged arranger..then when playing piano parts with a simple drum as backing...

I think if i was half the musician i want to be, i would stick to playing strictly piano and organ... so yes, i agree, what many people ask for is a step away from pure music towards technollogy that can help them.. thats why i guess we are arranger players and not concert pianists or organists...

#458401 - 09/21/18 06:30 AM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
It takes a musician to produce a good backing track from scratch. It takes a different skill to use an arranger live... chords in the left hand, melody in the right, or even singing over the arranger. The Genos gives different musicians with different musical skill sets the ability to create music. In a theoretical Genos 2 scenario, I would like a few improvements on the creation side. I personally do not like taking someone else’s creation and just apply chords to it to create a backing of a song. I enjoy taking the sounds individually and creating my own arrangement.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#458463 - 09/21/18 05:02 PM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
there is a big difference between a wedding pro key player and a pro player that playes in the high level .

#458469 - 09/21/18 10:22 PM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: dud]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By dud
there is a big difference between a wedding pro key player and a pro player that playes in the high level .

Some wedding pro players i know are of the extreme highest level...

Its not where they play that determines their skill level..

Overhere its not easy to make a living in music, which makes some people choose for a combination of music(wedding player) and a different job like for example running a music shop or doing some studio work... the gigs are what brings in the majorrity of their money ..

While i know so called professional keyboardists that play in bands and the like that could barely play when their band stated out...while some wedding players studied music at the university..

No... its noabout where they play that determines their quallity, its allways about their training and how they play...

#458470 - 09/21/18 11:37 PM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: Dnj]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Personally, I like the 76 keys, but maybe add a hammer action 76 key version but never an 88 key one.

Also, I would like to be able to edit the sounds, and yes they are good, but you just can not do any editing to them too make them your own.

A real set of speakers , not the cheapish satellite and woofer ones that you have to have, but an up market version, even if you have to pay for them. If the company wants to make money then sell options that people want.

Allan

#458471 - 09/21/18 11:56 PM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: tassiespirit]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By tassiespirit
Personally, I like the 76 keys, but maybe add a hammer action 76 key version but never an 88 key one.

Also, I would like to be able to edit the sounds, and yes they are good, but you just can not do any editing to them too make them your own.

A real set of speakers , not the cheapish satellite and woofer ones that you have to have, but an up market version, even if you have to pay for them. If the company wants to make money then sell options that people want.

Allan

I would buy a 76 key hammer action(nwx) Genos...

#458476 - 09/22/18 01:52 AM Re: Your GENOS 2 WISH List ?? [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By dud

Some wedding pro players i know are of the extreme highest level...

Its not where they play that determines their skill level..

No... its noabout where they play that determines their quallity,.....

+1 !
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online