SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#460787 - 11/03/18 10:09 PM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: vangelis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I won't. smile I have traded, bought and sold SEVEN arrangers this year, and I'm actually ahead a little. Well, three of them were PA4Xs, and there was an SD7, two PSR S970s, a PA4X, an EA7, a Korg Microarranger. . . Wait that's nine. And I feel like every deal was fair for both sides. That doesn't count the BK9 and EA7 that I sent back.
I really tried to make every one of the work for me, but so far the PA4X rules the roost.
They are tools, not family members! smile

#460790 - 11/03/18 10:55 PM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Fair is the common denominator. smile

#460792 - 11/03/18 11:59 PM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By DonM
I won't. smile I have traded, bought and sold SEVEN arrangers this year, and I'm actually ahead a little. Well, three of them were PA4Xs, and there was an SD7, two PSR S970s, a PA4X, an EA7, a Korg Microarranger. . . Wait that's nine. And I feel like every deal was fair for both sides. That doesn't count the BK9 and EA7 that I sent back.
I really tried to make every one of the work for me, but so far the PA4X rules the roost.

Just curious...

When all this trading started...was there someway the PA4X was not working for you?

PA4X, that’s what you are using now...right?

Again, just curious.

#460795 - 11/04/18 12:29 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: vangelis]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Look fellas I didn't mean to go out and buy an EA-7 because it's better then a GENOS or a PA4X, I am just stating that for the money that you pay you get a lot of board and then some, compared to all the others in the price range.

#460800 - 11/04/18 01:14 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By vangelis
Look fellas I didn't mean to go out and buy an EA-7 because it's better then a GENOS or a PA4X, I am just stating that for the money that you pay you get a lot of board and then some, compared to all the others in the price range.

Definately true..
Its been called the cheap mans Pa4x several times because all the functionallity it offers.

THe only thing i can not stand from this instrument, is the keybed. In my opinion its worse then the Yamaha and Korg keys in this pricerange. Its more on par with Casio's competitors in the lower price range, which is a gamekiller for me.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460802 - 11/04/18 03:14 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Has anyone made money on this EA7... or just Sweetwater.. smile

I took a hit.. DNJ always finds a way to lose money grin

Deane looks like he lost a bit smile

And if I am in the next equation.. Don will take a hit wink

How do you take a hit if your investment makes you more money over time then you spent? rocker

#460804 - 11/04/18 03:25 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Originally Posted By Bachus

THe only thing i can not stand from this instrument, is the keybed. In my opinion its worse then the Yamaha and Korg keys in this pricerange. Its more on par with Casio's competitors in the lower price range, which is a gamekiller for me.

Totally agree. Such a shame really! A 76 (bk9) keys and a large touch screen would be soooo nice for this instrument!

#460820 - 11/04/18 07:30 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By DonM

Just curious...

When all this trading started...was there someway the PA4X was not working for you?

PA4X, that’s what you are using now...right?

Again, just curious.

Actually I thought I would like a PA4X 76. I sold the 4x and got a 76, refurb, from Frank. Turns out I didn't like the size, weight or keys of the 76. Traded it to Zuke for his PA4X 61.
Got restless and wanted to try a Ketron again, so bought Deane's. Traded the 4X to Uncle Dave for PA1000 and $$$$. Had a few operational issues with the SD7, so sold it to DNJ for $$$ and PSRS70. Sold the PSR for $$$$. I actually still have another PA4X to use with option to buy. I'm going to meet Deane in a little while to get his Roland EA7, so I will have PA1000, EA7 and PA4X. I will have trouble letting go of the 4X, but the semi-weighted keys are starting to make my fingers hurt after four hours a night.
Hope to make the Roland and/or 1000 work. I really need two arrangers, so at least one of them is a keeper.
TMI right? smile

#460828 - 11/04/18 08:28 AM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don good luck be patient give it a good chance call Fran to find out about the really cool features and all the things that the EA7 really can do that might help you with workarounds you already know the Styles and sounds are top notch you can do this keep us posted and say hello to Dean... keys

#460877 - 11/04/18 05:23 PM Re: My impressions of the Roland EA-7 [Re: vangelis]
DonM Offline

Just got back with the keyboard. Too tired to play with it tonight. Deane and Glenda are doing fine.
The trip to Dallas was fine; coming home was different. Got held up on the interstate for almost an hour because of an accident.
Now I will watch six minutes of football and fall asleep!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online