SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#457702 - 09/08/18 01:12 PM Price for 3rd party styles?
Bachus Offline

Whats an acceptable price for 3rd party styles?
We are talking high quallity styles here...

Personally i would not pay more then €5 pro styles (thats almost $7)
And expecting prices to be lower on bigger packs..

So whats an acceptble price for you?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#457707 - 09/08/18 03:27 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Bachus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello Bachus ! Nice to hear from you.

I think your $7.00 US price would be my expectation too. However most of the Tyros 5 and Genos styles I have purchased are more like 8 to 9 dollars unless they are part of a pack. Fortunately Yamaha's MusicSoft site has sales every few months. I usually wait for that. There's also a Dutch site I have purchased from too. Their pricing is similar.

Since I bought my Genos I haven't been buying to many third party styles. I am still overwhelmed at how good so many of the onboard styles are. I seldom tweak the voices much either. The few styles I have purchased are nice but nothing close to awesome. You would think someone ( hint hint!! ) could construct some pretty awesome new styles if they used a Genos from the start. Most "Genos" styles for sale seem to be re-worked Tyros styles. I haven't even seen any member contributed Genos styles yet either. I am guilty too.......I haven't shared any styles.........only some songs. -charley

#457708 - 09/08/18 03:32 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

With all the thousands of styles all available free why does anybody need any more and with all the tools and features on these keyboards you can make them sound as good as you want that said $10 seems like a fair price for all the work put into making a style in the first place if you have to resort to buying, one.... if someone doesn't think so try making your own and see how hard it is... just my opinion...

Edited by Dnj (09/08/18 03:57 PM)

#457709 - 09/08/18 03:39 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny...are you ok? I didn’t understand your last post.

Concerned...
jingleman

#457710 - 09/08/18 03:40 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: jingleman]
jingleman Offline

Donny...that’s better!

#457711 - 09/08/18 03:59 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny...that’s better!

Just read it again Makes perfectly good sense to me what don't you understand maybe I can help?

#457712 - 09/08/18 04:14 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
If mass production, I would say max 8 - 10$, or less related to what kind of stylecomplexity.
If it's not already a special offer, a sort of quantity or 'pack' discount should be provided.
As example in steps at 5 styles if buy in a single order. The more styles in one single buy,
the more discount.
If we're talking about unike quality styles made specially for a single customer, then I would
accept a higher price level, because producer / seller then will not gain several sales for the
same style. (At least not in the public market)
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#457713 - 09/08/18 06:12 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny...that’s better!

Just read it again Makes perfectly good sense to me what don't you understand maybe I can help?

Your redo clarified your point

#457715 - 09/08/18 11:39 PM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Point is...
I had a discussion with some German friends about a company asking $60 for a 5 style pack..
i said thats to expensive for most people, they will not sell many at that price..

As comparrisson..
Genos has 500 styles for $5000 thats $10/styles (and you get all the other features sounds and hardware for free)
Or Genos expansion packs at $150 comes with 50 styles at $3/style and you get 50 voices and some multipads for free

I can see Donny's point..
That there are so many styles, that only trough editing, copy/paste parts you could easilly make fitting styles for most
But i don't see his point that for those that haven't matered this, the high prices are just..
In general asking more then people are willing to pay, will quickly kill a company..

A successfull company tries to find the sweetspot between what people want to pay, and making most money by the salesnumbers
$12 for a styles is in my book way over the top...

So who here would pay $12 for a style he wants?
So who Would pay $12 for a style he absolutely needs and is not able to make his own styles or find a free style for the job?
And who would never pay $12 but is willing to pay lets say half of that for something really beautifull? (because these are indeed high quallity styles)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#457717 - 09/09/18 04:04 AM Re: Price for 3rd party styles? [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The start of my Technic days, Kn2000, third party styles were hard to find --- and if you were lucky to find one they were not very good. We learned to tweak the on- board styles; which were pretty good. I still believe that is the best way to go.

You pay $1,200 to $4,500 for a keyboard, why not use or tweak the great styles you paid for?

John C.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online