SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45696 - 04/08/06 05:47 PM Technote Disks
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I recently purchased the set of Technote Style Discs. There are 3 memory banks with each style . A. Verse - 4 variations - O.K. Memory B. Solo - 4 versions for 4 different instruments. There is no chord change on the screen, so how do you use it? Memory C also has 4 variations - major-Minor- 7th - Diminished. Is it for improvising on the various scales ?? Is anyone able to advise, please? Cheers. Jean.

#45697 - 04/09/06 03:21 AM Re: Technote Disks
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Jean,
Which particular disks? I think I have just about everyone of them so if I have the same I might be able to contribute by following it on my keyboard
Regards
Keith

#45698 - 04/09/06 03:24 AM Re: Technote Disks
technicsplayer Offline

With the titles I could have given an exact description but from the sound of it so far:

Bank A are normal auto play variations.

Bank B are soloist chord progressions programmed into the composer, thus you do not have to change chords during these "break" variations but can improvise right hand in a similar way to 12 bar blues. They will cycle a chord progression around whatever starting chord you trigger and end at the same chord or suitable dominant lead back etc. Naturally you improvise mainly around the played starting chord of the auto progression. There is no display because auto chord is not operating, it is playing the constant starting chord, the composer pattern has the chord progression programmed internally.

Bank C are variations for the KN3000 composer chord map function. This is now redundant, replaced by the chord modify change introduced on the Kn6000, and triggered a different variation depending on the minor, seventh, diminished chord being played. You can still use the major pattern normally.

If they are still Kn3000 format they could do with some tweaking to sound excellent on the 6/7k.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 04-09-2006).]

#45699 - 04/09/06 05:38 PM Re: Technote Disks
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Thank you Alec. Now I understand. Up to now, I have been pressing the solo button and finishing my cuppa, but I knew that wasn't right!! I am working with country waltz and if anyone is interested the solo is a 16 bar chord progression as follows -thanks to my teacher --C-C-C7-F-C-C-G7-G7-C-C7-F-Fm-C/G-G7-F-C. It may be the same progression for all waltz styles on the solo settings of these disks.Thanks for answering Keith -Problem solved. Cheers. Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online