SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#45673 - 07/12/07 05:59 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
kelmijoel Offline

Hello I Hope You Can Tell Me More Tips To Resolve My Issue, I Got A 2DD Floppy And Format It On The Keyboard And Its Working On The Keyboard I Went To A Friends House To Transfer Midi Files From CD To Computer And from Computer To Floppy Using Windows 98 Cause I Tried Using My Laptop That Have Windows Vista And It Doesnt Recognized The Floppy, Well I Tried To Put Midis To The Floppy On Windows 98 It Goes On Blue Screen Saying That Unable to Write On Disk I Put Another One New And the Same Thing, We Tried To Use A Standard 2HD Disk Format It To 720k And The Same Thing, I Open Microsoft Word And Write Something And Save It To The Floppy And It's Saving On The Floppy So The Floppy Drive Is Working Fine What Can I Do?

In my reply above I refer to another tread who discuss similiar
problem as you have.
The solution that time was to use Win98. (Win2000 will do fine too)
It's all about bits and bytes.

Happy Playing
GJ[/B][/QUOTE]

#45674 - 07/12/07 08:20 PM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi.

Try download the files to your friends PC with Win98.
Format the diskette by use of Win98, then copy the files
stright to the diskette. Then try load into your KN2000.
I think it may be a compability problem because of old
and new DOS, not any faulty diskette or hardware.

Good Luck & Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#45675 - 07/14/07 11:59 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
kelmijoel Offline

If I Use A New And Format The Floppy Using The Computer The Keyboard Doesnt Reconized The Floppy And Give Me The Same Error Code 00 The Data On The Disk That You Are Using Is For A Different Product. I Have To Format The Floppy Using The Keyboard So The keyboard Recognize The Floppy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hi.

Try download the files to your friends PC with Win98.
Format the diskette by use of Win98, then copy the files
stright to the diskette. Then try load into your KN2000.
I think it may be a compability problem because of old
and new DOS, not any faulty diskette or hardware.

Good Luck & Happy Playing
GJ

#45676 - 07/15/07 12:17 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Vista, as XP, may not Format DD Disc's. This works on XP. Copy and Paste is easier.

To Format HDD Disc's in XP, open a Command and enter,

Format a: /t:80 /n:9 /a:1024 & cover 1.44 hole if needed

Walter.

#45677 - 07/15/07 03:21 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
kelmijoel Offline

Thanks But I Did Everything And I Think This Keyboard Doesnt Work With Floppy Format It On Computers Case It Gaves Me The Same Error It Has To Be Formatted On The Keyboard Cause I Format The Floppy On Computers With 98, ME, 2000, XP And Vista And When I Put It On The Keyboard Its Says The Same Error 00 With The Message The Data On The Disk That You Are using Is For A Different Product.

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
Vista, as XP, may not Format DD Disc's. This works on XP. Copy and Paste is easier.

To Format HDD Disc's in XP, open a Command and enter,

Format a: /t:80 /n:9 /a:1024 & cover 1.44 hole if needed

Walter.

#45678 - 07/15/07 05:49 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have just had a good read of your post, and what you may not be aware of is the fact that there is more then 1 type of Midi file, and not all keyboards (Particularly older models) can read all the different types, (An error message normally appears) therefore download some other Midi files from other sites and see if your KN2000 recognises these.
Hope this helps

Bill

#45679 - 07/15/07 11:28 AM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
You're absolutely right abacus.
There are usually two types midifiles, format 0 and format 1.
If I remember it correctly, KN2000 can load and playback both, but
only "direct play" one of the types.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#45680 - 07/15/07 12:43 PM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
kelmijoel Offline

Let Me Rephrase It

I Did Everything And This Keyboard Doesnt Work With Floppy Formated On Computers Even New Ones, Cause It Gaves Me The Same Error It Has To Be Formatted On The Keyboard Cause I Format The Floppy On Computers With 98, ME, 2000, XP And Vista And When I Put It On The Keyboard Its Says The Same Error 00 With The Message The Data On The Disk That You Are using Is For A Different Product. If I Format The Floppy On The Keyboard And Load The Disk The Floppy Works But When I Put The Floppy In The Computer (Windows 98) And Try To Put Midi Its Goes On Blue Screen With The Message Unable To Write On Disk Even I I Download The Midi Over The Internet And Save It To Floppy Its Says The Same Thing If I Format The Floppy Using The Dos Prompt Command And Format The Floppy 2HD To 720 It Format The Floppy Ok But After The Floppy Has been Formated In The Pc And Put On The Keyboard With Nothing (Empty Floppy) It Gaves Me The Error 00 That Ive Been Telling

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
I have just had a good read of your post, and what you may not be aware of is the fact that there is more then 1 type of Midi file, and not all keyboards (Particularly older models) can read all the different types, (An error message normally appears) therefore download some other Midi files from other sites and see if your KN2000 recognises these.
Hope this helps

Bill

#45681 - 07/15/07 02:28 PM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Are you using the supplied Technics software on the computer, as without it the computer would probably not recognise the Technics disc file format, which is used by the keyboard?
Hope this helps

Bill

#45682 - 07/15/07 02:31 PM Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem
kelmijoel Offline

No I Dont Have Any Technics Software Can You Send Me One Or Where I Can Get it

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Are you using the supplied Technics software on the computer, as without it the computer would probably not recognise the Technics disc file format, which is used by the keyboard?
Hope this helps

Bill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online