SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#456198 - 08/15/18 06:37 AM ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health
Dnj Offline

who is juicing & drinking smoothies for better health each day?..
I have friends who swear by it and make all kind of concoctions of juice or smoothies for different health issues and ailments, gout, arthritis, etc, etc,.....which could effect playing keyboard too..
anyone here do the same,.. and why & how?..

Edited by Dnj (08/15/18 07:46 AM)

#456200 - 08/15/18 08:21 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I take the easy way out. I drink a glass of Low Sodium V8 juice every morning at breakfast. (A carry over from my Southbeach diet regime.)

Jerryghr

#456203 - 08/15/18 09:06 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
I take the easy way out. I drink a glass of Low Sodium V8 juice every morning at breakfast. (A carry over from my Southbeach diet regime.)

Jerryghr

Stay healthy my friend life is too short.....
natural remedies are way over looked and surly needed the benefits are great.

#456207 - 08/15/18 10:47 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Absolute rubbish. In the U.K. our health advice changes day by day so I eat what I enjoy as long as I don't go to excess. I've made 71 so I must be doing something right. Many of the things I have been advised not to eat are now apparently O.K.
Many of the members on here are "senior" but still alive so you must be doing something right also. My motto is enjoy life and my wife of 41 yearts will tell you the same.

Do I want to live to 100, No.

Alan.

#456208 - 08/15/18 10:57 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Believe me, a smoothie is not going to provide a cure or relief for gout or arthritis, both of which are inflammatory diseases of the joints. Gout is caused by a buildup of uric acid crystals on the joints, where Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by rheumatic fever, or in the case of osteoarthritis, the causes vary from obesity resulting in joint wear and the aging process. None of this can be treated with dietary habits. If it could, joint replacement surgery would be totally unnecessary. Smoothies do not cure or prevent any disease known to man.

Now, I used to make a smoothie that consisted of a 12-ounce glass of ice cubes, one shot of silver tequila, one shot of melon liquor, one shot of coconut rum and three shots of Chi Chi's Margaretta mix. Pour into a blender, run for about 30 seconds and you have a wonderful smoothie.

All the best,

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (08/15/18 11:02 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456209 - 08/15/18 11:00 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Sapphire]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Sapphire
Absolute rubbish. In the U.K. our health advice changes day by day so I eat what I enjoy as long as I don't go to excess. I've made 71 so I must be doing something right. Many of the things I have been advised not to eat are now apparently O.K.
Many of the members on here are "senior" but still alive so you must be doing something right also. My motto is enjoy life and my wife of 41 yearts will tell you the same.

Do I want to live to 100, No.

Alan.

Although I can not agree with you I do respect your opinion voiced here. After all the years performing in nursing homes it really gives you a clear perspective of how life & health can quickly turn in a downward negative direction for many many reasons. What you put in your body you get out of your body's health is my belief. Living to 100 is one thing and very common in today's world, but, living it "actively" and enjoying the later years in a healthy way day after day is what needs attention. I think I am in a good gene pool as my dad who lives with us is 95 and still active doing many things he always did. Good luck to you which ever path you take.

Edited by Dnj (08/15/18 11:01 AM)

#456223 - 08/15/18 03:21 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Niels Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi
One of the most overlooked advice, is to get more fibre in the diet. Most people get about 10-15 grams of fibre per day, but at least 30 gram is necessary for a optimal health according to the newest science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZcbNw7sng

Niels

#456226 - 08/15/18 05:26 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Here’s my 2 cents, thru the years I have been on every diet known to man. I was born heavy and it continued that way for many years. At age 32 it was time stop eating anything and everything in sight. At the time I developed gout and weighed in at 265. I lost about 90 pounds in year and kept if off in part by running, biking and swimming. I used to say I’m running away from the fat man I was and I did. As I got older it was a constant battle and 5 or 10 pounds went on every year.

Fast forward to 2017 I was quickly approaching the 265 mark and was up to 232 pounds. A family member told me about the Isagenix program, I was skeptical but my wife and I gave it a try.

The program involves have 2 Isgenix protein shakes per day, one moderate size solid meal, 2 snacks of 200 calories twice per day. Since starting the program in June 2017 I’ve dropped 40 pounds.

What I Like about the Isagenix program is the shakes stablilize my blood sugar levels and neither my wife nor I have the cravings for foods in between meals. It used to be when dieting I couldn’t wait to get off it to start eating like I used to. With this program we don’t eat out often but when we do we eating anything we want to. The program has worked and continues to work for both my wife and I.

Someone wrote moderation is the key, they are absolutely right, but I know few people who do anything in moderation and that includes food.

#456227 - 08/15/18 05:33 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Of course, all bets are off when you have diverticulitis. Adding more fiber to the diet would exacerbate the situation and most folks over age 60 have this problem. Most everyone on this forum is over age 60.

Now, if you began a high fiber diet when you were relatively young, the chances of developing diverticulitis decreases dramatically. However, if you have ever had problems with constipation during your older years, you most likely have developed diverticuli in your colon and things such as nuts, most fruits, etc... will produce adverse effects.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#456228 - 08/15/18 06:26 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

So what's your favorite smoothie or juice recipes ?

Edited by Dnj (08/15/18 06:32 PM)

#456229 - 08/15/18 06:54 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, all you need to lose weight is a piece of duct tape and good strong arms. The arms are used to get away from the table, and if that doesn’t work place the duct tape over your mouth. aaaaah!

In my early seventies I was told I had diabetes. I watch my sugars and greasy foods --- and allow myself to cheat once in a while. Food is not the biggest killer – stress is. You know the thing most of us embrace almost every day. If you stay in tune with your body it will tell you what to eat.

John C.
PS, I have never found any food that was good for everyone. I eat two eggs ever morning.

Edited by bruno123 (08/15/18 06:57 PM)

#456230 - 08/15/18 06:57 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Attachments
mcdonalds-mcjuice-blender.jpg

#456231 - 08/15/18 07:00 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Originally Posted By Dnj

Looks like instant heart failure in a jar yuk.

#456232 - 08/15/18 08:20 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, keep in mind that the folks that consume the most fat are the folks that have the least amount of problems with cardio-vascular disease. Fat consumption does NOT cause cardio-vascular disease, and neither does cholesterol. There are hundreds of studies to confirm this, yet the US medical community continues to push cholesterol lowering drugs down out throats on a regular basis. Just follow the money trail.

The latest studies clearly show that cardio-vascular disease is likely the byproduct of a virus that attacks the arterial walls, but no one in the drug industry wants you to know about this. There is a huge study that was conducted by the World Health Organization that revealed that the people with the lowest cholesterol levels had the highest incidence of heart disease, while those with the highest cholesterol levels had the lowest incidence of cardi0-vascular disease.

When I worked in cardio-pulmonary medicine, more than 70 percent of my patients that had to undergo bypass surgery had low or normal cholesterol levels. Go figure! Maybe they should have consumed more fat and cholesterol - they may have lived longer. smile

Now, the race that has the lowest cholesterol level is the Australian Aborigines, folks with a diet that consists of fruits, nuts and wild game. They have the lowest life expectancy on the planet and the highest rate of cardio-vascular disease.

The race the consumes the most fat and cholesterol is the Inuit Eskimos. They enjoy the lowest incidence of cardio-vascular disease. No one consumes more fat than the French, who also enjoy a very low incidence of cardio-vascular disease.

Believe what you want, but those are the facts! smile

Gary cool

#456239 - 08/16/18 01:59 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Niels Offline

Loc: Denmark
The only way to reverse diverticulitis is to eat more fiber. Yes, it will have some adverse effects in the beginning but will definitely not exacerbate the disease. Eating more fiber will result in more short chain fatty acids production which will helps to seal the intestine and remove inflammation.

#456240 - 08/16/18 03:22 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

The morning shake is with Isagneix protein powder, blueberries and peeled very ripe frozen bananas. Lunch time it’s usually the protein powder, frozen pineapple and frozen ripe bananas. Once in a while I use Bai Coconut drink instead of water for the lunch time shake, mixed with the pineapple and banana. Tastes similar to a pina colada minus the rum.

John duct tape didn’t work smile

#456241 - 08/16/18 05:07 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Especially with fruit smoothies - watch the sugar. Having said that a smoothie you make yourself from whole fruit is less sugary than shop-bought fruit juice which is normally disastrous for those of us with sugar issues!

However I still remember getting a breakfast box on a United Airlines transatlantic flight, The blueberry muffin was not huge but contained over 30g of sugar, quite an achievement!

#456242 - 08/16/18 06:23 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj

The morning shake is with Isagneix protein powder, blueberries and peeled very ripe frozen bananas. Lunch time it’s usually the protein powder, frozen pineapple and frozen ripe bananas. Once in a while I use Bai Coconut drink instead of water for the lunch time shake, mixed with the pineapple and banana. Tastes similar to a pina colada minus the rum.

Thanx Steve sounds yummmmy, ......and very healthy...
right now trying fresh Cucumber, Celery, Pineapple, Ginger, Tumeric, Lemon, for gout & arthritis works VERY well.
Lunch time I like Blueberries, Rasberries, Blackberries, Banana Carrots, Spinach, & Avocado.

#456247 - 08/16/18 07:45 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Neils, if that was true, no one would ever have to undergo a bowel resection due to diverticulitis. I have scrubbed on many such cases and seen pockets the size of your thumb in the resected bowel segments. You are not going to seal them by eating anything.

Good luck,

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (08/16/18 10:11 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#456262 - 08/16/18 09:30 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]

I am not overly worried about my intake as long as I don't go too crazy. I have reached my fathers passing age so anything now is a bonus.

My friend has a daughter aged 43 with two children not over eight years in age. She has had a double mastectomy a tumour removed from her spine and I have just heard they have found three more lesions on her spine and one in a lung blood vessel. Obviously we are all hoping for the best but in reality I think we will not know her for much longer.

All I am trying to say is, eat drink and enjoy life because you don't know when you're number comes up.

Sorry if this is morbid but at the moment that's exactly how I feel. A bottle of red wine has helped.

Alan.

#456265 - 08/16/18 10:15 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Alan, I have outlived most of my friends, family members with the exception of my mother who made it to 79 before passing from lung cancer. I will be 78 this October if I make it that far, which I think I will. I am slowly dying from pulmonary fibrosis due to asbestos exposure while serving in the US Navy. Two years ago, I was given one to two years to live, but so far, I have managed to dodge the big bullet.

Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter - cancer of any type is a horrendous disease.

All the best,

Gary cool

#456270 - 08/16/18 10:40 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]

Thanks Gary for the well wishes. I had a friend who died from asbestosis which I think is what you may have (correct me if I am wrong). He apparently contracted it from being a plumber many years ago.
He did'nt make my age but was into his sixties.

I'm sure I will still be corresponding with you in your eighties.

Here's to the next decade.

Alan

#456272 - 08/16/18 10:48 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Eat less carbs, and excersise more...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456273 - 08/16/18 11:00 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]

Agree with you there Bachus. Cut down on the carbs but excercising when you are old is not that easy especially if you have an illness/condition which makes it difficult if not impossible. Try Peripheral Polyneuropathy as an example (diagnosed recently). If I overdo it gardening or housework then it can take me three days to recover so excercise is not always the answer.

Pace yourself and take each day as it comes.

Alan

#456275 - 08/16/18 12:12 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I am drinking a nice ice cold Cucumber, Celery, Ginger, Green apple, Lemon, juice smoothie feeling good.

#456283 - 08/16/18 04:00 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I am drinking a nice ice cold Cucumber, Celery, Ginger, Green apple, Lemon, juice smoothie feeling good.

Times have really changed. I used to have a cold beer and a cigarette. eek

Jerryghr

#456284 - 08/16/18 04:22 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

I'm sipping a 12-ounce glass of Jim Bean Honey Bourbon, and feeling great. Just can't breathe worth a damned, but the Jim Bean sure helps the back pain. smile

Alan, yes, I do have asbestosis, and thank goodness it has not turned into mesothelioma, which is often the case. When I worked in the field of medicine, my specialty was cardio-pulmonary diseases, but I also had a fair degree of knowledge of other disease entities. Unfortunately, because I worked extensively in this field, I know the outcome of my malady. As I sit here in front of my PC typing this, each breath is labored and this will progressively get worse until the end. Slow suffocation is a really bad way to die. I think when the end is near, I have a big bottle of pills that I just may have to swallow and get it over with while I'm blasted out of my mind.

All the best,

Gary cool

#456285 - 08/16/18 04:26 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

ok then....who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health?

just wondering? confused1

#456287 - 08/16/18 04:31 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, show me a single, scientific, medical study that show where drinking smoothies will make you healthier - just one!

Gary cool

#456288 - 08/16/18 04:44 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
May I put in a good word for a healthy drink? Good old water-no calories and very good for you.

#456291 - 08/16/18 04:52 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanx Steve sounds yummmmy, ......and very healthy...
right now trying fresh Cucumber, Celery, Pineapple, Ginger, Tumeric, Lemon, for gout & arthritis works VERY well.
Lunch time I like Blueberries, Rasberries, Blackberries, Banana Carrots, Spinach, & Avocado.

Donny, It is a delicious drink best part is once we drink one of those for breakfast there’s no craving for more food unlike the Dunkin Donuts muffins we used to eat for breakfast.

#456297 - 08/16/18 05:57 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Okay have a happy and healthy life at least talking about health and ailments Keeps the forum discussion going.....

#456325 - 08/17/18 05:56 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Im drinking a nice smoothie for Breakfast....

Frest cut Pineapple, Banana, Avocado Smoothie
1/2 banana
1/2 avocado
1 c pineapple
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c water
2 handfuls ice

#456328 - 08/17/18 07:40 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
My wife makes us a daily drink which is good for blood pressure, immune system, digestion, etc. and its very simple.

Dr. Braggs raw Apple Cider Vinegar
"Local" honey ( not the crap in the little bear bottle from china ).
Grind in some fresh ginger root.

Much easier than having to buy tons a fresh produce to juice although we do eat a fair amount of fresh vegs and fruits. My problem is I still like all the bad stuff too !

#456332 - 08/17/18 07:47 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
My wife makes us a daily drink which is good for blood pressure, immune system, digestion, etc. and its very simple.

Dr. Braggs raw Apple Cider Vinegar
"Local" honey ( not the crap in the little bear bottle from china ).
Grind in some fresh ginger root.

Much easier than having to buy tons a fresh produce to juice although we do eat a fair amount of fresh vegs and fruits. My problem is I still like all the bad stuff too !

Sounds good Bill,....hey we only live once..... wink

for lunch I am mixing up a juice of
Fresh Organic Carrots, Celery, Fresh Pineapple chunks, Tumeric,

#456336 - 08/17/18 07:57 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Just finished a great, healthy breakfast of Jimmy Dean's Sausage patties, a tex-mex cheese omlet and OJ. Now I'm inhaling Albuterol Sulfate through a nebulizer after inhaling a couple puffs of Bivespi and Arnuity so I can function somewhat normally for the next 12 hours. Yum! wink

Gary cool

#456339 - 08/17/18 08:22 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This thread is sounding more and more like a topic for "The View"
smile

#456341 - 08/17/18 08:23 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Just finished a great, healthy breakfast of Jimmy Dean's Sausage patties, a tex-mex cheese omlet and OJ. Now I'm inhaling Albuterol Sulfate through a nebulizer after inhaling a couple puffs of Bivespi and Arnuity so I can function somewhat normally for the next 12 hours. Yum! wink

Gary cool

Stay healthy young man.....

#456349 - 08/17/18 08:44 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Gary cool

You should add a smoothie to that breakfast to make it healthier!!

Edited by Jerryghr (08/17/18 11:11 AM)

#456356 - 08/17/18 09:30 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#456361 - 08/17/18 09:56 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Smoothies are a great way to lose weight also they keep you full....

#456365 - 08/17/18 10:35 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

How do you get your protein, Donny, when drinking a smoothie? Lean muscle need protein or your body begins feeding on itself - not a good thing. Now, you could add beans, chickpeas, or lentils. but that smoothie would be just awful tasting, I would think. You also need carbs, and you can get them by adding a banana, but they have loads of sugar, which is not the kind of carbs you want if you intend on loosing weight. Bananas are listed as the worst food you can consume, but damned, the sure taste good. A ripe banana is about 105 to 120 calories, 27 grams of carbs, 14 grams of sugar, 1.3 grams of protein, and very few vitamins.

I'll stick with the maintenance South Beach Diet, which is what I have been on for more than a decade. The only reason I gained any weight is because Jim Bean produced Honey Bourbon - lots of carbs - lots of calories. But, damned good tasting! wink

Good luck with those smoothies, Donny,

Gary cool

#456367 - 08/17/18 10:55 AM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Whey protein powder works well added also...... but I'm doing it for other reasons than losing weight of which I already did that.... there are many many health benefits as you well now.... and for the record
Jack Daniel's Honey is my preference always.

Edited by Dnj (08/17/18 10:57 AM)

#456378 - 08/17/18 02:48 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

I tried the Whey protein powder form the big box stores...........it doesn’t taste very good. I bought one jug of it and had two wind up mixing just a half portion with a half portion of Isagenix. 2 of my shakes per day include bananas and have since June 2017 and I lost weight. Yes they have lots of sugar but there’s nothing like it mixing with with pineapple or blueberries.

#456547 - 08/19/18 01:17 PM Re: ot/ who is juicing & drinking smoothies for health [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The 21 Reasons to Consume Healthy Smoothies
Get your daily allowance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming the daily recommendations of fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Blending a couple of servings of each into a smoothie helps ensure you meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.
Quick and easy. Making your own nutrient dense smoothie doesn’t take as long as preparing most meals, giving you more time for others things. Taking a smoothie with you is an additional convenient option.Kids Like Healthy Smoothies
Kids like smoothies. Getting your kids to eat healthy foods is not always easy. Fortunately, most kids love the taste of a creamy smoothie naturally sweetened by fruit or a good sweetener like honey, maple syrup, or stevia. You can even hide veggies in your kid’s smoothies that they would never eat on their own. For more info on kid friendly smoothies, see how to make smoothies your kids will love.
Easier weight loss. There are a number of weight loss programs that promote replacing a meal with a liquid drink. Provide your body with all the vitamins and minerals it needs via smoothies, cut out the weight gaining crap from your diet, and watch the pounds melt away. Lose weight easier than before and slim down the healthy way with diet smoothies.
Improved digestion. Nobody I know wants to experience constipation or indigestion. Let your blender “chew” your food and ease the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of dietary fiber to ensure excellent digestion.
Delicious. Yes, eating healthy and tasting great can go hand in hand. With so many recipes to choose from, finding one or more pleasing to your palate is a breeze.
Detox. We’re exposed to and bombarded by thousands of man-made chemicals in today’s world, which leaves our body begging to detoxify. Give your digestive system a break while adding detoxifying ingredients like dandelion greens and kale into your smoothies to aid your body’s detoxification processes.
Build muscle and improve athletic performance. Provide your body with the nutrients it needs to excel during athletic competition, and recover and rebuild after working out. It’s easier for your body to absorb and assimilate the nutrients in a smoothie as opposed to a meal.
Reach your own personal health goals. Tailor your smoothies to meet your desired health goals.
Beauty. Think radiant skin, hair, and nails. Supply your body with the vitamins and minerals it requires to grow healthier hair and make your skin glow.
Healthy eating education. By learning what constitutes a healthy smoothie, you’ll also educate yourself on what comprises a healthy diet. This will allow you to make better decisions when the blender isn’t around. You’ll be more confident in your food choices.
Strengthen your immune system. Getting sick is no fun. Reduce the number of times you get sick (if at all) and lesson the severity by empowering your immune system.
Deeper sleep. Improving your health by consuming healthy smoothies almost always results in better sleep at night.
Meal flexibility. You can consume a smoothie at any meal, not just breakfast. No time for lunch, grab or make a quick smoothie.Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
Healthy ingredients galore. The number of healthy ingredients available for smoothies is practically limitless. After your basic fruits and vegetables, you can add an array of the various spices, herbs, superfoods, and other health foods. The possibilities and combinations are endless.
Energy. Supply your body with the right fuel for more energy in the short and long term.
Empowerment. Take control of your health through simple and delicious healthy smoothies.
Reduce cravings. We all crave sweets and unhealthy foods from time to time. Reduce those cravings, or better yet, replace what you would normally splurge on with a healthy alternative.
Brain boost. Give your brain all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to improve your mental clarity, focus, and memory. Say goodbye to brain fog.
Happiness. Experience a renewed sense of calm and well-being that good health leads to. Be in a good mood all the time.
Fun! Many people including myself find creating smoothies to be rather enjoyable. You can think of yourself as a modern day alchemist mixing and matching various smoothie ingredients.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online