SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#456119 - 08/13/18 08:33 AM Re: how many of you are retired? [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Yes, I'm tired. Oh, wait you said RE-tired.

I’m with Don. I’ve got the tired part down...it’s the RE part I’m still working on.

Moved from Corrections to Major Crimes, Sex Offender-Predator Unit. Responsible for fingerprinting and registering all sex offenders and predators. Almost 900 county wide. There are nights I come home exhausted. Got to keep the health insurance and pension money comin’ In for a few more years.

At least I have my studio set up with 970 and guitar. I do find time to play a little. Helps to de-stress.

jingleman

Edited by jingleman (08/13/18 08:33 AM)

#456121 - 08/13/18 09:15 AM Re: how many of you are retired? [Re: jingleman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Wow! Dealing with the worst of the worst !!! No wonder you need to de-stress ...

#456124 - 08/13/18 10:13 AM Re: how many of you are retired? [Re: tony mads usa]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Right on Tony. If you can't compartmentalize...this gig will eat you up.

#456125 - 08/13/18 10:14 AM Re: how many of you are retired? [Re: Mark79100]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I've talked before about a major worry I have, which is related to the early part of this thread.

I use graphics software and equipment (Mac based) Research and word processing software (PC based, and, believe me, they don't talk very well to each other, yet), Camera, video editing, audio recording interfaces, arrangers and lots of other software and computers. If I personally learned how to do everything I need to do on every piece of equipment, I'd never get any work done.

I just extended my agreement with an Italian staircase manufacturer to introduce custom staircases and design a builder/remodeler program for the United States. This will take about 5 years, so I'll be pushing 80 when it's all over.

My son is my IT guy, recording engineer, video editor, research analysis, roadie and bass player for my trio.

I'd be up a creek without him.

Russ

#456196 - 08/15/18 06:09 AM Re: how many of you are retired? [Re: Mark79100]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Forced out of work due to my health, ten years ago, really upset me at the time; as I was an IT Network Engineer. But I learn to do other things in different areas in part time rolls that kept me busy.

So now I do leather work from garage at home making wallets back packs etc. Sometime you just have to be adaptable and go with the flow. Playing music I think never ends till you say so and that started when I was 10 years old and now I am 61.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online