SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#455177 - 07/24/18 04:06 AM OAX Version V2.00-00
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
A new level of OAX officially released this morning:

Dear OAX-customer,

The new version V2.00 is now available for download.

Which points have changed in the new software, you will see at the end of this e-mail under "What has changed".

If you have saved your own VST preset, please note the following notes: Due to extensive changes in the VST host, you cannot transfer your self-created USER VST preset directly to the V 2.00. Before you install the V 2.00, please change the VST preset to the number 1 "Standard 1" in the factory area.
After the successful update to V2.00 you have to reassemble and save your VST configuration.

Note: with version V 2.0, the installation consists of 4 individual files. The total size of the four files has exceeded 8 gigabytes. So you need a USB stick with a size of at least 16 GigaByte.

WersiInstall.exe
wersiplugins_a.7zip
wersiplugins_b.7zip
wersistyles.7zip

Please copy the file to the root directory on a USB stick or a USB hard disk.

ATTENTION! If these files already exist in your private Windows Download folder, Windows expands the name of the new files with a number.
For example, WersiInstaller.exe then becomes WersiInstaller (2) .exe. These files cannot be processed by the OAX instrument.

Enclosed you find a PDF file. Work through the list point by point!

Your ideas for OAX
Missing still important functions in your SONIC OAX or may have ideas for further development of the OAX-system? Then send us an email: oax@wersi.net.

With musical greeting
Your WERSI OAX team

#455181 - 07/24/18 07:33 AM Re: OAX Version V2.00-00 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Curt

Well after reading through the V2 manuals and software update list, (Still no English manuals included) I hope the sounds really are a big improvement as the rest of the update is rubbish.
Sound controllers: (Which was a big in the update notes) great to see each voice now gets permanent bass & treble controls, however the attack & release controls appear to duplicate the manual controls leaving only 2 dedicated controls for the sound. (Talk about a waste of space)
Personally unless everybody says the sounds really are a big improvement, I would wait for the next update and ignore this one, because feature wise it is pretty pathetic. (I can see people jumping ship or just ignoring OAX and going for Bohm or Bemore instead)
What a disappointment.
Bill

#455186 - 07/24/18 11:19 AM Re: OAX Version V2.00-00 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Bill - I posted a comment over on our site (WersiClubUSA) and waiting to see what others have to say.

Yes - it does sound different. I'll be very interested to hear what others think.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online