SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454252 - 07/02/18 02:31 PM Wishful thinking? Aren't people great?
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi all. Just yesterday I was posting how I just bought a new sound system and preparing to get back to entertaining. Last night I was having it out w/ the neighbors again. These people are making me sick. I live in a mobile-home park which has been going steadily down hill almost since I moved in due to incompetent park managers. As of now it's anybody welcome, no checks, bring all your pets and kids or whatever, sell whatever, whenever, no rules or regulations. The people next door have apparently purchased a new sound system w/ mega subwoofer that rattles the floor of my trailer. Last night at 1am I finally had enough and went over (6th time) to ask them to tone it down and we got into a yelling match.(just her, he was to drunk to stand, she had to hold onto something to stand) I've complained to the mgr. he says "it's not my job, call the sheriff". I can't afford to move as I'm just on my Social Security. I could retaliate in kind but I think that would only escalate the problem. I'm in my music room (2nd bedroom) trying to practice and I hear the thump, thump coming through. I've thought of putting some sound deadener between us. I would have to cover the whole screen room and don't know if it would help. Oh well, thanks for the vent

#454260 - 07/02/18 04:11 PM Re: Wishful thinking? Aren't people great? [Re: Guardman2001]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most jurisdictions have a noise level limit of 45db at a distance of 50 feet. While this is rarely enforced, I know of locations, particularly trailer parks, where it is strictly enforced. The restrictions frequently state NO amplified music may be played outdoors after 10 p.m., which was the case when I was performing in Marathon, FL. Usually, a call to the local sherrif's department settles the problem.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#454279 - 07/03/18 06:22 AM Re: Wishful thinking? Aren't people great? [Re: Guardman2001]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
Do you own your mobile or renting?
I've been in this situation , bottom line is that one of you will have to move before this issue is resolved.
Sounds like that park is not going to improve , to me your only option is to get out before something bad happen . That's what I did . Focus on making it happen .
I had the same issue last week in our retirement community with my neighbors under our apartment. Loud tv at 3am . I went down and told them to turn it down.
They are being evicted for repeated (3) noise violations. I even offered to setup earphone/headsets system for them at no charge.We have good management here. It's really all about respect and consideration for others.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online