SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453475 - 06/13/18 01:30 PM Korg's NEXT MicroArranger?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Yesterday I noticed that the MicroArranger and Liverpool are no longer shown on Korg's website (except under archived products.) So I can only surmise production has been discontinued. frown

Although they offered some unique advantages as the most compact arrangers on the market, I never quite warmed up to the idea of mini keys. And much of the compactness gained from the small keys was thrown away because of the added area on the left for the joystick.

So here's to Korg's NEXT compact arranger: Perhaps based on the Kross 2 platform, but with a feature set similar to the Pa700. 36" wide, less than 9 lbs., full-sized keys with pitch and mod wheels ABOVE the keybed. And... an option to run on batteries. That's a truly portable arranger which would be instantly comfortable for someone used to playing at home on their full-sized machine.

To save size & weight, I would prefer that they omit the speakers and amp. Super-easy to play thru a JBL Flip or any other rechargeable speaker which are so ubiquitous today. IMO the toughest part would be incorporating the touch screen-based OS from the rest of Korg's arranger lineup at anything near the MicroArranger price and weight limit. So does anyone here think this could happen??

Edited by TedS (06/13/18 01:36 PM)

#453477 - 06/13/18 02:33 PM Re: Korg's NEXT MicroArranger? [Re: TedS]
Dnj Offline

I would say kma has run its course and is long gone but I could be wrong you never know...

#453479 - 06/13/18 03:12 PM Re: Korg's NEXT MicroArranger? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The KMA did not go to far because it was always compared to its big brothers. There is no room for comparing because it is in a class by itself. It offers features that its big brothers cannot compare with. Like comparing Apples and Oranges. I'm hoping Korg makes a new model

IMHO, John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online