SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#453446 - 06/12/18 04:07 PM Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A very pretty melody, and very well played ...
I wanted to hear the 'original' ... it starts about 0:27 into the video ...
It attests to the beautiful rendition Kabinopus presented us with ...

#453451 - 06/12/18 06:11 PM Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song [Re: Kabinopus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Music really is "universal" isn't it! Great find, Tony. She's singing in Russian but it almost sounds like Brazilian Portuguese.

...and I didn't understand a word... nor did I need to!

Fantastic. ----Dave

#453547 - 06/15/18 04:17 AM Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you, friends, for taking time to watch it and for your kind reception.

I guess, Igor Krutoi (the author of the song) is my favorite composer. It’s tricky to be focused on “simple” music like this one. Krutoi has been working with popular music for his entire career. But we know that the popular music today is very different from what it used to be 20 years ago. So instead of trying to adapt to new rules he became even more conservative, making albums with Dmitriy Hvorostovsky and Lara Fabian. I liked the album with Hvorostovsky a lot, but had trouble with Fabian. So Russian singer Angelica Varum wrote her own lyrics to that album and performed it in her own way, and that helped me to appreciate this music more.

I guess today the conflict within popular music is a very complicated one. While producers may say “well, the world has changed, adapt or die” I’m not really convinced that it is about adaptation to the progress. I guess it’s just a result of having too much information and it will take time before people learn how to navigate through it. But while I’m still guessing, others make profits.

#453549 - 06/15/18 05:41 AM Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song [Re: Kabinopus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thank you for taking time to share it with us. Here in America, we had a puppeteer named Jim Henson. He created a character named "Kermit the Frog"... and his theme-song was, "It isn't easy being green!" At this stage of life, I'm not usually very fond of change. I cling to the "old ways" that were in-vogue when I was a child. Our church seems to have abandoned our hymns we sang during the WWII era and before. Now it's all about "Cowboy Churches" and while that must be better than having no beliefs at all... it isn't for me. It really isn't easy being "green!"... but, having said that, "Being Above-Ground is nice!" ----Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online