SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#452476 - 05/23/18 10:14 AM Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I would like to replace the factory hard drive in the audya 5 with a SSD. How do I do that?

Thanks, Mario

#452490 - 05/23/18 01:44 PM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: mc]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I got an AJAMsonic SSD loaded with his great software. Not only is my Audya faster, but the additional styles and additional material made a huge difference in the sound. AJ is a superb audio engineer, and his styles are great and tweaked to perfection.

#452546 - 05/24/18 10:14 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: Bernie9]
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks, But I would like to keep it factory with a SSD. Do i just cut and paste from the audya to the new SSD?

#452553 - 05/24/18 03:05 PM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: mc]
Tonewheeldude Offline

very first thing to do is to make sure hidden folders, files and protected operating system files are visible on your computer.

remove the drive and copy all data (including system) to your computer using a USB IDE caddy

Install the ssd in your audya and format it. (init phase error will appear due to the lack of system files). Check the LED in the disk section is not on and solid red, if so the drive is not compatible. it should only flash green when writing/reading to the drive. (in addition, the ide cable may need to be modified to accept an SSD disk select)

once formatted the folder structure will be intact but no content.

remove the drive and connect to a pc with a usb caddy. manually copy files and folders (except the hidden system folder) that you saved from your Audya drive

once complete, copy the content of system folder except audio drums. do the audio drums seperately to avoid possibility of cyclic redundancy errors.

Alternatively just purchas an official SSD upgrade which are fully approved and require no modifications or file copying...just install and go.

NOTE: any USB updates installed will no longer work with the SSD (user or factory SSD) and will show as CORRUPT STYLE. Whats more, the USB drives used to install the styles will also fail to operate. This is because they are copy protected to the old hard drive. You will need to speak to your local distributor for help here.

#452885 - 05/31/18 08:37 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

tonewheel, what if you do an EXACT copy of the hard drives,
outside of the AUDYA, Clone the drives.

if not, IF you had made an EXACT copy of your USB Pen drives PRIOR to installing, you could reinstall them again with no problems, right? :-)

#452909 - 05/31/18 03:22 PM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: leezone]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude

NOTE: any USB updates installed will no longer work with the SSD (user or factory SSD) and will show as CORRUPT STYLE. Whats more, the USB drives used to install the styles will also fail to operate. This is because they are copy protected to the old hard drive. You will need to speak to your local distributor for help here.

Attention...
You can not reinstall your usb pen to new Hdd

Edited by necdetdoni (05/31/18 03:23 PM)

#452930 - 06/01/18 04:18 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By leezone
tonewheel, what if you do an EXACT copy of the hard drives,
outside of the AUDYA, Clone the drives.

This will not work, the installed styles are linked to the hard drives serial number. I am not sure how other distributors work, but Ketron UK ask customers to return their USB updates to be reinitialised free of charge so they can be installed on the new drive.

#504955 - 02/16/22 06:12 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Swap [Re: mc]
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Hi, I'm browsing here to find any info on how to do the change over to SSD drive, I just bought from Aj, I can't find anything anywhere on the Web, and also can you tell me if its easy to do? I know years have gone by, and it's only now I'm buying the SSD 🙄🤔😉

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online