SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#450757 - 04/21/18 05:30 AM Genos Acoustic Piano thoughts...
Dnj Offline

Saw this on PSR Tutorial group...
"I'm not sure why some people think the Genos acoustic pianos are lacking in substance. The only reason I can think of is maybe their hearing is impaired - hearing aids do have a tendency to distort what it is you are listening to) or they haven't adjusted the EQ settings to a suitable preference. Listen to these Youtube demos and then tell me again why it is you dislike the CFX Concert Grand or perhaps one of the other acoustic pianos on the Genos?? "

Genos CFX Concert Grand Piano Demo

Genos C7 Grand Piano Demo

Genos CFX Concert Grand Piano

Genos - All Pianos, note... a few mistakes along the way ;D

Genos acoustic pianos including S.Art CFX Concert Grand Piano plus other Voices

PS: Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion but nobody is entitled to their own facts. No disrespect but the fact is the Genos acoustic pianos are perhaps the best of any arranger currently on the market and that includes the Korg Pa4x as well as the Ketron SD-9. Using a sustain pedal will also add more depth and realism too. 8)

Sincerely,

Mike

Edited by Dnj (04/21/18 05:33 AM)

#450764 - 04/21/18 06:21 AM Re: Genos Acoustic Piano thoughts... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#450789 - 04/21/18 08:36 AM Re: Genos Acoustic Piano thoughts... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I see Yamaha as a very powerful player in the market and the products they offer are both engineered and marketed very carefully. I also imagine that it’s quite hard to compete with such a player.

Sometimes someone releases a new instrument or VST, praising it for having a gigantic piano samples. But in the end it’s what’s on paper, if fact you want a piano which is really playable, and it’s not only about wave memory. Yamaha succeeds in offering really playable voices, not only pianos, but even guitars, saxophones, etc. Pianos, still, are the essence of a keyboard.

But as I’ve been saying, this confident Yamaha’s position in the market gives it an opportunity to dictate some rules. Yamaha reminds me a building toy called “Lego”. Lego is also quite respected and successful in its field. When it’s comes to competitors, they are out there, and still, it looks like they are not, and price tags keep biting you.

I just imagine myself as a consultant in a music store and I try to picture a case when I would recommend buying something else than Yamaha and I fail to find a strong argument.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online