Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#450539 - 04/16/18 01:22 PM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
... and for the vocalists out there: https://youtu.be/bgsHjtpvel8

One of the great vocal groups of all time ...

Absolutely!

#450555 - 04/16/18 04:39 PM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By cgiles
Also, regarding some other recent posts regarding 'new gear', you'll notice that his flugel horn didn't look exactly 'factory fresh' smile. Seems to be the case with a lot of concert-level performers and their instruments. Is that why those old guitars are worth so much?

chas

Hi Chas,
Thank you for sharing. What a wonderful piece of music. What a beautiful sound from that flugelhorn .

Why mess with perfection. I would imagine they get attached to their instruments, sort of like an old friend.

Difference is , a keyboard is technology , it moves on. A good quality acoustic instrument, mellows with age, ( just like us, haha).

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#450566 - 04/16/18 07:45 PM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Rikki, WOMEN mellow (and get more beautiful) with age; MEN, on the other hand, just get crusty and grumpy smile. You're right about the acoustic instruments, though. Nothing wrong with technology, we just need to make sure IT doesn't become the Master. We need to always let it know who's boss smile. Whack away at that arranger but sit down at that acoustic piano (or organ, or accordion) once in awhile, and let it remind you of why you got into music in the first place.

chas

#450575 - 04/17/18 04:12 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Whack away at that arranger but sit down at that acoustic piano (or organ, or accordion) once in awhile, and let it remind you of why you got into music in the first place.

chas

You said a mouthful good thought to keep in mind.

#450581 - 04/17/18 04:54 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for posting this beautiful tune, Chas. It’s been along time since I heard it and I’m thinking maybe I played it many years in high school or college jazz band.
Anyways after listening to this I was inspired to get out my real book and play through it. There a lot of great little harmonic and melodic gems to be found for sure. Very nice ii V I phrases with some blue notes thrown. I had fun playing through those in several keys. I think I’ll steal those- playing melodic phrases in all keys is a fun exercise that should keep me busy for awhile! Thanks for some much needed inspiration. So sorry about your friends. Listening to beautiful song such as this can help you deal with the grief.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#450582 - 04/17/18 05:22 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Thanks Paul. Some songs, the great ones, appear to be so organic, so natural, it's like someone fed it one beautiful, exotic chord and then it just took over and wrote itself. It also shows how good music will absolutely stand the test of time (no matter what the genre').

I've gotten used to people that I knew as a child dying, but to have FOUR die in such a short time span was kind of unsettling. One was the sister of my best friend in high school and was my high school prom date. She was drop-dead gorgeous and a beautiful soul as well. Unfortunately, we went off to different colleges and that was the end of that.

I like your idea of practicing/playing pretty melodies or phrases in different keys; if you're like me (and because of fingering), you'll probably play it slightly different in different keys. Also, some songs just sound better in certain keys (and not always the key it was written in). Anyhow, I'm glad to see so many people here that still enjoy great songs.

Another observation; most good tunes like this are not that complicated or hard to play. Probably a message there for aspiring songwriters.

chas

#450589 - 04/17/18 08:42 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
... and for the vocalists out there: https://youtu.be/bgsHjtpvel8

Although I prefer the instrumental version, this is still wonderful

Agreed, Chas - as much as I love MT - the instrumental is better!

#450593 - 04/17/18 09:22 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

I've gotten used to people that I knew as a child dying, but to have FOUR die in such a short time span was kind of unsettling.
chas

I hear you, chas ... I check the obits every day - to make sure my name isn't there - and just kind of sit in wonderment about the ages of people that have passed ... the loss of one of our bandmates several years ago hit me very hard ... right now one of the other members is going through a very difficult time, but his composure and ability to deal with it is an inspiration ... as all of our closest friends are in the same age group, and some more than others are having health issues, we are really starting to feel the mortality of life ...
However in the meanwhile, we continue to live, enjoy, and try to leave some meaningful legacy ...

And who knows, maybe there IS something better after all of this ...
wink rocker

#450594 - 04/17/18 09:41 AM Re: Most beautiful song [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

And who knows, maybe there IS something better after all of this ...

Maybe....but I tend to relate to this one.

However in the meanwhile, we continue to live, enjoy, and try to leave some meaningful legacy ...

Amen!

chas

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online