SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#448705 - 03/15/18 10:09 AM Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers?
Bachus Offline

Do you remember the psr e453?

It was the instrument where live knobs and deejay styles where born
Now there is a follow up, the psr e463
It follows along the line of the 453..
There are 2 new features that catch your eye :

-groove creation
-quick sampling

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/602/yamaha-arrangers-new-features

I bet this is what the future of all yamaha arrangers of the S series holds for us. And even the GENOS 2....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#448708 - 03/15/18 10:30 AM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

exactly,.....baby boomers dissappear,then soon remove the keys, and there you have it it's DJ mix time as predicted you cant stop what the "people want" in music. cool2

dance

Edited by Dnj (03/15/18 10:33 AM)

#448809 - 03/16/18 09:19 AM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Less playing, more playing around...darned kids..

I wonder if Yamaha and others will offer their brand names to virtual arranger programs? They may cut their own throats, or add to existing hardware sales with key controllers.

I don't think stand alone hardware instruments will disappear; I believe musicians are more confident in the installed software in an instrument on stage rather than outboard software on a tablet or laptop. But go to any GC and count the key controllers on sales floor vs arrangers or workstations..

#448814 - 03/16/18 09:45 AM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I think it's as simple as that Yamaha and other companies have to follow the 'mainstream', or better,
be a bit more ahead if they have any intention to keep up at the top level in the future.
I would not be surprised if arrangers goes the same fast run downhill as the homeorgans did,
but there will be new and other solutions to take over.
The arrangerpeople of today is not youngsters, so sadly, the nature will reduce the nowadays fanclub pretty fast ...
organ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#448823 - 03/16/18 12:12 PM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
I think it's as simple as that Yamaha and other companies have to follow the 'mainstream', or better,
be a bit more ahead if they have any intention to keep up at the top level in the future.
I would not be surprised if arrangers goes the same fast run downhill as the homeorgans did,
but there will be new and other solutions to take over.
The arrangerpeople of today is not youngsters, so sadly, the nature will reduce the nowadays fanclub pretty fast ...
organ

Still i don’t get it..
They have thrown away the genious pattern sequencer of the Motif Xf
And they have done away with the sampling of the Motif range..

And now they are adding toy versions of this to the low end keyboards..
While many of the pro’s still cry for what they lost..

However, both the pattern sequencer as well as the sampling would have made a perfect addition to the Genos.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#448824 - 03/16/18 12:18 PM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

It's all about making money first and foremost.....

#448842 - 03/16/18 04:00 PM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, Baby Boomers never disappear. There's always a new crop of them coming every year. Granted, some will want some of the tunes when they were 15 to 35 years of age, but then again, there are others that will want to hear jazz, Jimmy Buffett, Sinatra, Cole Porter, etc... There will always be that market out there. I was amazed at the number of requests I got for Sinatra songs when I was playing to the spring breakers in the Florida Keys - I was absolutely amazed. I also got requests for some ZZ Top stuff, Zach Brown and of course, Jimmy Buffett. You can bet your ass that people will still be swayin and dancin to Margarettavile long after both you and I, and Jimmy Buffett, are dead.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#448915 - 03/18/18 06:39 AM Re: Yamaha what to expect in the future of arrangers? [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, Baby Boomers never disappear. There's always a new crop of them coming every year.

HUH???? Boomers, like me aren't being reborn. That boom ended in 1965!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online