Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#448826 - 03/16/18 12:43 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
[img]https://app.box.com/s/xidcbxtd0g0ax69il03v7abz0ieuwzap[/img]

This from Russ:
Old time" photography...the shooter (Captain Russ), not the camera . View cameras are still the standard for architecture and product photography where you shoot from an angle and need an image with parallel lines. The bellows are on "tilts and swings". You adjust the standards to be parallel with the object being shot. Take a close look at the angle of the bellows.

#448828 - 03/16/18 12:58 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Steve, you're right: Miatas are not generally in antique car clubs. This one is a "Hi-bred", and includes divisions. The biggest is cars older than 25 years. The Miata is not that old. There are additional classes for old tractors, old large trucks (several antique horse vans), Mustangs and Sports cars (the Miata).

We have several events a month thru the fall; the biggest being at Boonsboro, where over 3,000 cars show up.

There's another club which only includes old cars. They had me put together a Rockabilly band last year. I donated my fee to whatever charity they were backing at the moment. I have booked 4 Rockabilly events this year, and will have a couple of very well known surprise guest performers who are also old car buffs.You guys would know them.

FUN FOR THE SUMMER. I run around the shows on my old Cushman Hilander, which usually wins a trophy in the "other" category, or a WW11 "Bumble Bike", made for the Canadian Air Force. This is basically a folding industrial bike with a 2 1/2 hp 2 stroke motor. After a crash, surviving pilots would ride to safety.

R.

PS: Many thanks to Don for posting the camera photo. My old computer goes crazy when I try to attach something, and "step and repeats" the attachment rapidly until shut down.

Edited by captain Russ (03/16/18 01:14 PM)

#448833 - 03/16/18 01:54 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
[
Russ, Thank you!
Here in RI ...

HERE in RI ?!? ...

Steve ... are you BACK ?!? ...

#448834 - 03/16/18 02:02 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, Steve, you car nuts are crazy; I know, because my best friend is one. We used to fly together, except that he has a Bronze Star, Silver Star, and Distinguished Flying Cross (but we still left the service with the same rank smile ). He's had 3 'vettes (that I know about) and currently has a Porsche GT3 and a McLaren 12C. He had a beautiful $350k motorhome which he ditched to get the McLaren. He's retired now after 34 years at US Air. Another buddy of ours who lives just a few miles away and retired from United last December, has TWO Ferrari's and 7 exotic bikes, mostly Ducati's. I don't get this 'need for speed' and the only thing I've had, aside from the usual MG's, Austin Healys, and TR3's when I was young, was a brief stint with a 911s which my wife 'encouraged' me to trade for the much more practical 928s. I guess we put a lot of emphasis on material things (that we could barely afford) at that time. Looking back at the cars, the motorhomes, the Mooney 201, the A36 Bonanza, the twin Cessna, etc.; arrangers now seems like a bargin. Genos, here I come.......nah, just kidding, just wanted to get Donny excited smile.

chas

#448836 - 03/16/18 02:05 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That's a really cool picture of Russ; however, the camera lies; he doesn't look nearly that good in person smile smile smile.

chas

#448838 - 03/16/18 03:04 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas I'd kick your smart ASS, but I can't raise my foot that high!

Be well, friend,

Russ

#448839 - 03/16/18 03:22 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
[
Russ, Thank you!
Here in RI ...

HERE in RI ?!? ...

Steve ... are you BACK ?!? ...

Yea we are just in back in time for the storms. I didn't expect to have to gas up my snow blower to clear the 14 inches that fell this week. We made a mistake this time, this is the first year we packed it in after 2 months, won't happen again next winter we'll be there thru the first week of April.

I'll give you a call in the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted By cgiles
Russ, Steve, you car nuts are crazy; I know, because my best friend is one. Looking back at the cars, the motorhomes, the Mooney 201, the A36 Bonanza, the twin Cessna, etc.; arrangers now seems like a bargin. Genos, here I come.......nah, just kidding, just wanted to get Donny excited smile.

chas

Chas no hope for us car nuts, it's like a religion but at least in my case I'm happy taking photos of other owner's cars.

Russ, Amazing with 3000 cars, the largest one I know of just outside of Boston in Dedham, Ma usually has 1800 to 2000 cars. I

Edited by Stephenm52 (03/16/18 03:26 PM)

#448840 - 03/16/18 03:44 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, I have a real comfortable sailing yacht that you can spend as long as you wish living aboard in Florida, the Bahamas, Dry Tortugas, Virgin Islands, Burmuda, etc.... No need to go back to the frozen north until the weather gets warm enough to make the grass grow. smile It's up for sale and the first person with $25,000 gets it. It has everything you have at home, AC/heat-pump, hot and cold running water, gas stove, gas oven, microwave, full bar, refrigerator freezer, flat screen TV, internet connection, and lots of cabin space. Plus, you can sail to any of those romantic ports without burning more than a couple gallons of gas. Can't beat the deal, that is unless you are like Donny and puke your guts out just looking at the boat sitting at the dock. The only drawback is you cannot carry a car with you on the boat - just not big enough. However, I did see a guy in the Florida Keys with a small motorcycle on the back of his 30 footer, which he used to go just about anywhere he wished. Me, I carried a bicycle on the back of the boat, which pretty much took me anyplace I needed, grocery store, liquor store, post office, etc..., but it required leg power.

Glad you made it home safely, and sorry you couldn't stop by for that steak and lobster dinner.

All the best,

Gary

Attachments
Saturday's Child.JPG (24 downloads)

Edited by travlin'easy (03/16/18 03:48 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#448851 - 03/17/18 03:24 AM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary,

The yacht is a beauty but I don't see one in my future. Thanks hopefully next time I pass thru I'll be able to take you up on that steak and lobster dinner.

#448852 - 03/17/18 05:08 AM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Great news for you all! You can get that Hasselblad free at B&H Photo where I buy most of my camera gear. All you have to do is buy enough other gear from them, earning their 2% cash back rewards and, before you know it, you’ve got the Hasselblad for free! It’s nice to see so many Keyboard/Photography combo aficionados here at SynthZone. I belong to 500PX to display my photography gallery. You can make money off your photos there, if any buyers want to have the rights to use your photos. I recently sold my "The Lusty Lobster" photo from there. They have a free entry membership level and upgrades for a small fee. I enjoyed looking at all your photo links. There's a lot of audio/visual creative talent on SynthZone! Have a great weekend friends. My gallery to share with you, is here: https://500px.com/halsokolow

Edited by Hal2001 (03/17/18 05:37 AM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online