Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#448270 - 03/10/18 07:02 AM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

#448309 - 03/10/18 01:40 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks,I take on board about doing some adjutments to the style and sounds and will enjoy experimenting.However for something
completey different,here is a medley of old time music hall songs,I think they are 1920`s although not in 190`s style.

Attachments
I want a girl medley.mp3 (50 downloads)

#448318 - 03/10/18 05:41 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thanks Boo, i understand that and Edim with E the melody note when in key of F sounds OK, but my dots show Fdim in F key which to me sounds OK, just wondered what others think or prefer.
Maybe a bit pedantic, but if it can sound better, then that's what I want. (LOVE GOOD CHORDS) !!!!

Ray

#448371 - 03/11/18 03:39 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: The Saint]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA

Ray, there is confusion here. I don't know where you get that I said Edim in the Key of F? I merely copied Don Mason's chord chart for Georgia and added some chords I know that Ray Charles uses. As a matter of fact, I left off a great chord before going to the E7 chord in the key of C. I do the tune in G which I'm sure is the standard key and that is the key that Ray does it too. Haha. I don't think I'll add chords to anything posted again it seems to confuse some which I do not want to do/. I used to like to screw around with Uncle Dave years ago but I think he wore me out.

#448374 - 03/11/18 04:32 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hey Boo, I do it in C. I often use some chords that aren't on that chart too.
Hope you are doing o.k.
I'm glad you accepted Nigel's FB invite to stop by and see us!!

#448376 - 03/11/18 05:33 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hey Boo..... don't be a stranger.
It always amazed me how a sax player was so well versed on chords.
Eddie

#448377 - 03/11/18 06:27 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Eddie at about 15 years old when starting my band The Belmonts (A bit before the famous Belmonts) The Pianist Vocalist only knew a few Fats Domino tunes. The bridge to Blueberry Hill was very complicated to me at the time and he was way off.

My Dad bought me an old upright piano from the VFW for $5. It was out of tune and I had to pay $35 to get it tuned. The tuner said he was afraid to tune it to 440 because it would put too much stress on the board so he tuned it a bit flat. HAHA.

I got the School Band Director alone one day and I asked him what was a chord and how to make a chord. He took me over to the piano and asked me if I could play a C scale on the piano? I played it for him and he says play the 1st, 3rd, and 5th note of the scale and you have a chord. I did that and I was amazed.

I asked him so this B note makes a C7? He said yes that is a Maj 7 but that a b7 was used in music composition too and told me to play the C with the b7. He said you got it. So I asked, this is a 9th, this is a 6th so forth and so on.

He told me to play the 3rd and 5th flat and add the 6th and I had a Dim chord. It didn't take long to figure that there really are just 3 Dim chords sort of. He showed me the aug by raising the 5th. Hey, I'm not a Genius, but we did this in 15, maybe 20 minutes. Anyone playing music no matter what instrument, should have a piano type keyboard and play with this for a bit. It's fun and you learn a hell of a lot more much faster.

I got a fake book and saw that there were lots of b9ths, #9ths etc and figured it out as I went along.

Edited by brickboo (03/12/18 10:04 AM)

#448379 - 03/11/18 06:54 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Boo, no confusion, I was the one who mentioned it on 9th March.
Because E was the melody note I thought I would try it, and it sounds OK.
Have since looked at other sheets in F and amazing the variation in chords. Although as you just said, and i was told the same, "there are only 3 dim chords".
P.S. I play all chords between the two F's (organ training)
I'll duck now !!!!!

Ray dance

#448380 - 03/11/18 07:20 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By brickboo

He told me to play the 3th and 5th flat.....

...so what's the 3th? smile smile smile just messin' with you Boo. Truth is, I think I play a lot of threeth (3th) chords....not intentionally, but... smile smile.

chas

#448381 - 03/11/18 08:24 PM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I go one step further and use a diminished 7th (Co7).

I was taught at a young age there are 3 diminished 7th chords.
Co7, Fo7, and Go7

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online