SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#447766 - 03/02/18 02:51 PM OT: NOR' EASTER ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Not sure how the rest of you on the Eastern Seaboard are doing but Rhode Island is getting a lot of rain and heavy, heavy winds up to 70 miles per hour... Going to last through the night and we are without power at this point ...

#447768 - 03/02/18 03:01 PM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

stay safe ............just rain & strong wind here

#447772 - 03/02/18 03:34 PM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, Be safe, it sounds like a hurricane!

#447774 - 03/02/18 03:53 PM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
we are without power at this point ...

So you're posting from your Phone? In any case be safe, and while you're at it, get out of that snarky NE weather and come on down for a visit. You can stop by Gary's and say hi on the way down. You know you're always welcome.

chas

#447779 - 03/02/18 06:20 PM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
We've had strong winds since about 3 a.m., gusts to 75 MPH, and we lost electricity about noon today. It's still out and no idea when it will come back on. I have a back up generator, 6,700-watts that takes care of out electrical needs, and very miserly on fuel consumption. I've burned about 3 gallons in the past 9 hours. I just topped off the tank and hope that gets us through the night. I rely heavily on electricity because I need it to run my oxygen generator, which is the only think keeping me alive. I have a backup tank that will run about 4 hours if the my back up generator runs out of gasoline during the night. Sure hope the electric comes back on soon, though. Winds are down to about 35 MPH now, which means the electric crews can work a bit safer in restoring our power.

Stay safe and warm guys and gals,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447782 - 03/02/18 07:42 PM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Lots of cancelled flights and reports of MANY sick folks on planes today...1 pilot said it was a horrible decent to land...and those guys never complain much....
That's one bad storm! Stay safe all you folks up there..(I'm in FL)

#447792 - 03/03/18 04:32 AM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone ...
power was restored overnight, lost some branches and one small tree down in the back end of my property ... rain has stopped but still a number of hours of high winds left for today ...
It was a bad storm - two tractor trailers flipped on two different bridges, at least one dead in RI from a falling tree ... don't know what else, haven't seen the news yet ...

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
we are without power at tsrhis point ...

So you're posting from your Phone? In any case be safe, and while you're at it, get out of that snarky NE weather and come on down for a visit. You can stop by Gary's and say hi on the way down. You know you're always welcome.
chas

Yes, I made that one post and then my wife and I took turns having our phone on to save battery power ...
Thanks for the invite, chas, I would really like to get down there sometime ...

#447817 - 03/03/18 07:56 AM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
So many roads blocked not planning on leaving the house for days.

#447818 - 03/03/18 08:03 AM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Drove around the neighborhood, fortunately not much damage to homes but a number of sizeable trees down ... We have underground utilities otherwise at least one utility pole would have been down ...

Went to my wife's sister and brother in law's house ( they are out of town for a few days) and half a huge pine tree came down and took out a corner of a raised deck ... fortunately, no structural damage to the house ...

#447822 - 03/03/18 08:36 AM Re: OT: NOR' EASTER ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
We've been without power since noon yesterday. Our emergency generator ran out of gas about 6:30 this morning, so I got out of bed and drove around looking for a gas station that had power. Had to drive about 10 miles to find one, and it was operating on an emergency generator, which was the only reason the station was open.

Still waiting for the power to be restored and it is nearly 24 hours since it went out. Sure glad I purchased this emergency generator a decade ago. I only have to use it about once a year, but this time has been the longest it has been in service for me.

Stay safe my friends,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online