SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#447026 - 02/20/18 06:21 AM Re: How About A little Jazz Exercise........... [Re: Mark79100]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100
Interesting........this guy is an incredible player and not a single remark about him! This post went South faster than the northeast "snowbirds" in Winter!

He was recently posted already, showing a NAMM demo he gave. Everyone emphasised how incredibly he plays.

#447037 - 02/20/18 07:18 AM Re: How About A little Jazz Exercise........... [Re: organgrinder]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By organgrinder
I might have been that accordian player, I had some really strange jobs
back in the day.

MEL

I worked many Polish weddings with my accordion when I was young.

The day started with playing the Polish Wedding March on the front porch of the bride when she left for church.

Played at the hall for the breakfast after the ceremony.

Returned in the evening to play for dancing with the band with a small amplifier.

No air conditioning.

Lost 5 lbs every gig.

Jerryghr

Edited by Jerryghr (02/20/18 09:15 AM)

#447924 - 03/04/18 10:44 PM Re: How About A little Jazz Exercise........... [Re: Crossover]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Crossover

He was recently posted already, showing a NAMM demo he gave. Everyone emphasised how incredibly he plays.

I'm wondering how many of you noticed....he's not professionally trained in finger technique. His hands are all over the place. If you watch a concert pianist, their fingers seldom leave the keyboard. Reason being when you're doing fast runs you don't want to have to bring each finger down from 3 inches away.

Now the reason I said that is because.....I'm absolutely amazed he can play that rapidly with his fingers up in the air. And he's dead-on accurate....never misses a note. I also like his renditions and musical ideas.

And......I went to his web site and read a bit about him (because the man fascinates me with his playing). He's a Christian and I was pleased to hear that he recognizes where his talent comes from.

I'm very surprised there's hardly anything on the Net about him. Just a little on his web site.

He's a "natural" on that piano! I tip my hat to him.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online