SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#446421 - 02/12/18 04:02 PM Selling Thru eBay ......Am I being too suspicious?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Greetings All,

I've had my Tyros 5 with speakers and stand listed on eBay since last Thursday. I was surprised to see a bid on Saturday and by this morning I now have 8 !! I should be happy but they all seem to be bots and only 3 actual bidders. One of the bidders sent me a message offering me an extra $100 to put on his credit card now......before the auction ends. I declined, of course, wanting the auction to end as scheduled and only use PayPal for processing.

I've used PayPal for years selling all of my old keyboards with it. All the transactions were smooth. All the buyers had usernames which provided lengthy eBay activity and good ratings. I'm not seeing this in this case. Do I just let the auction run its course? eBay considers all bids as a binding contract to purchase. I just want to be protected from the results of the auction and the PayPal process. Thanks. -charley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263486284140?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

#446422 - 02/12/18 04:11 PM Re: Selling Thry eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
By all means let the auction end and go through PayPal!

#446423 - 02/12/18 04:19 PM Re: Selling Thry eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Don't want to scare you off but I just sold an item to "good" buyer with Oregon shipping address. Then payment came through eBay international. Payment cleared, but the hacking I just posted about was 2 days after..coincidence? Could be. Read deep into buyers feedback both as buyers and sellers. On the positive side, I think I saw your ad and the price was good so bids are not surprising. It is surprising for buyers with almost no feedback bidding on a high dollar item. I've had non paying buyers when amount feedback is low..

#446510 - 02/14/18 12:40 AM Re: Selling Thry eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
ebay.com is fine especially when using PayPal for sending and receiving payment. This is because Ebay also owns PayPal to make for secure transactions and guaranteed security.

#446536 - 02/14/18 12:56 PM Re: Selling Thry eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Rattley, send me $100. and I'll test it for you! smile

#446537 - 02/14/18 01:19 PM Re: Selling Thry eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
Crossover Offline

I never offer PayPal as a method of payment when I sell things on Ebay. There's always the risk that the buyer has used PayPal with a credit card, and when he later rejects the debiting with his bank, PayPal can cancel the crediting even months later. At least that's what the risk is like in Germany, I read a lot about it. Obviously it happens only rarely, as many appear to use PayPal without making such experiences, but for higher values I would never offer PayPal for sales.

#446654 - 02/16/18 09:15 AM Re: Selling Thru eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

Jerryghr

#447068 - 02/20/18 04:13 PM Re: Selling Thru eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Well.......I knew it was too good to be true........

My auction successfully ended last Thursday. I hadn't heard from the buyer so sent an invoice on Sunday. Still haven't heard from him. Ebay shows he has an address in Kuwait. My ad clearly stated shipping in continental USA only. Tonight I filed a complaint with eBay's resolution center. Now it's a wait and see affair............I am disappointed to say the least........... -charley

#447069 - 02/20/18 04:21 PM Re: Selling Thru eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have had customers that arrange the shipping to a local (international) clearing house and they make arrangements for shipping overseas..

If that is the case don't worry about it.. I had smooth deals this way...

#447070 - 02/20/18 04:48 PM Re: Selling Thru eBay ......Am I being too suspicious? [Re: rattley]
Dnj Offline

Charley did he have any feed back?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online