SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#445039 - 01/19/18 08:53 AM $299 entry level keyboard?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#445045 - 01/19/18 10:03 AM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

#445057 - 01/19/18 12:52 PM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Talented young guy, great playing whatever keyboard / piano he plays.
Quite a lot to see and hear within different music genres at his YT channel.
Go:keys seem to be a nice midi controller keyboard for create or play along using wireless / bluetoth.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/gokeys_go-61k/

Quote:
"Jam Along with Your Favorite Online Music Streamed from Your Smartphone
GO:KEYS is a fun, easy-to-use keyboard that lets you play along with your favorite music—streamed wirelessly through its powerful onboard speakers. Just connect your smartphone via Bluetooth®, pick a song, and play along! And with sound quality that beats most standalone Bluetooth speakers, GO:KEYS is great for just listening to music too."

GO:KEYS uses your smartphone to access free online musical content, so you’ll never run out of songs to play along with. You can also work with dedicated apps that teach you how to play the latest songs or classical pieces, or get vocal with some karaoke. And when you’re ready to start creating your own music, the built-in Loop Mix function lets you jam with over 500 pro-quality onboard sounds. Compact, portable, and battery-powered, GO:KEYS can be played wherever you get the urge. A world of music is waiting for you—start the journey with GO:KEYS!"
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445058 - 01/19/18 01:18 PM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Torch Offline

Wow, that kid is only 14 years old, or turning 15 this year. My, listen to him doing Chick Corea. Also, it is good to know that Roland makes a keyboard for as low as $299. 500 hundred sounds!

Thanks for the video, Fran.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#445064 - 01/19/18 02:54 PM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

There is also thego piano, which i happen to own... it comes with Rolands piano partner, which has a build in arranger function..

And it actually has a very nice super ntural piano sound build in.. its a nice keyboard weighting almost nothing for taking with me when I am traveling... these keys offer a lot of vallue for the money

http://keyszone.boards.net

#445081 - 01/20/18 06:11 AM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Beakybird Offline

The 76-key Yamaha PSR-EW400 deserves a look. It's also got some basic arranger capability.

#445083 - 01/20/18 06:18 AM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Beakybird]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Beakybird
The 76-key Yamaha PSR-EW400 deserves a look. It's also got some basic arranger capability.

What made my decision, is the extreme light weight and small formfactor of the go-piano combined with a more then acceptable keyboard quallity, and a high definition super natural piano sound on the €300 go-piano.. the arranger part trough the ipad app was just a bonus...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#445096 - 01/20/18 06:28 PM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My 19 year old grandson was looking to buy a low cost piano/synth..

He plays a decent classical piano, some guitar and a good sax..

Dave let him try a Yamaha np v60... it has decent action for Yamaha in this price range..

He decided on the Yamaha PSR EW400 ($269 at Guitar center)..

It is very close in comparison to the np v60.. It also has input for devices.. Arpeggio too like the npv80..

It also has the keytouch I hate the most..

Because of the keys...I would have zero interest...it is that bad..

The old Yamaha npv60 is much better in the key department with light/soft graded keybed.

One of my favorite sounds is a Rhodes type electric piano... Yamaha just can't deliver.. thin dx type is the normal..

The Go keys (Roland) has a decent selection of sounds including the Pure tremolo and back to the 60's electric pianos...

I tried to make a deal with Dave rather than return the keyboard, but we were $50 apart..

Call Uncle Dave for a low cost 76 key piano..

I have one more offer for Dave... he might make the deal.... If you want to steal it before I call him......Call him first,,

#445102 - 01/21/18 06:11 AM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran sounds like a great deal for somebody!

#445108 - 01/21/18 10:29 AM Re: $299 entry level keyboard? [Re: Fran Carango]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
One of the problems with Yamaha's low-end keyboards is that they have no provision to recognize on-bass chords, which makes it hard to play modern music as written. Roland's entry-level boards always cost a bit more but had this feature. So does the tiny Korg MicroArranger (but factor in the cost of a full-sized controller.) A young/learning player should never be limited by the instrument so IMO, used is the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online