SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#443975 - 01/04/18 01:05 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Marcus]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Marcus
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Marcus
What about 970 registrations transferring to the Genos?

The Yamaha PSR-S series is a different arranger line with some Tyros features missing, while some new ones added to the S970, since it came out after the Tyros 5. Being not too familiar with the S970, I would guess that there would be some issues with some registrations since there are platform differences.

Copied S970 styles should convert/transfer fine to the Genos, as well previous Yamaha styles. Same compatibility issues with S970 Premium Expansion packs or maybe Audio Styles, as they would not be compatible with the TOTL (Top-Of-The-Line) arrangers, nor available as free upgraded packs.

Most likely the new S990 MOTL (Middle-Of-The-Line)replacement would allow full compatibility of the previous S970 custom work, data and files.

Regardless of series line or brand, I always say, "you get what what you pay for" or should at least expect what you pay for.

Marcus

Actually I loaded some Styles from the S-970 into the Genos with no problem.
Then I loaded my expansion pack for the S-970 into the Genos and it works great.
I also bought an Audio style pack from the S-950 since I needed a couple of Styles from my S-970 and they also work great wink
Eric

#443976 - 01/04/18 01:12 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Yeah Donny, I do too, but curious what Marcus thought.

Thanks Marcus
p.s.

And no- I'm not springing for anything until the air clears on several fronts.lol
Its a sickness we all have...lol

everything we already have can be made to sound fantastic yet we are always looking for something else myself included for a long time to which I have shut all that thinking off in my mind thinking it will make it better but it won't because as technology gets a bit better the playing abilities stay the same if I'm being honest. People just have that newer sounds better in their minds after all it's NEW and Costs more so it has to be right? lol...

#443984 - 01/04/18 01:53 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
There is a lot of truth there m'boy. I think I will try and find a chapter of AA(Arrangers Anonymous).

Edited by Bernie9 (01/04/18 01:58 PM)

#443999 - 01/04/18 03:50 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think I will try and find a chapter of AA(Arrangers Anonymous).

Sorry Bernie, you're too far gone smile. Looking at your equipment list, I'd say you're already beyond redemption smile. Here's an idea; sell everything and buy a new Viscount Legend. You won't make any money but you'll be happier smile.

chas

#444000 - 01/04/18 04:04 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
I think I will try and find a chapter of AA(Arrangers Anonymous).

Sorry Bernie, you're too far gone smile. Looking at your equipment list, I'd say you're already beyond redemption smile. Here's an idea; sell everything and buy a new Viscount Legend. You won't make any money but you'll be happier smile.

chas

cue music ... "Come Fly With Me ..."

#444014 - 01/04/18 10:08 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Marcus,

I concur what you've stated about the quality of the Genos sounds.

Whilst browsing through the demos of some styles from Yamaha, I came upon one or two that I've already had for a long time and that I've tweaked to absolute perfection. "Scan Look Rock" was one of them.

However, the same basic untweaked styles sounded like completely new styles on the Genos - it just sounded so much better! I could tell however by listening to the patterns that they are the same as the styles I have, only with better voices.

Those new voices and DSPs make for some incredible improvements over previous models indeed.

Henni

#444070 - 01/05/18 08:33 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
There is a lot of truth there m'boy. I think I will try and find a chapter of AA(Arrangers Anonymous).

Sign me up too Bernie.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#444072 - 01/05/18 08:42 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Henni
Ha Bernie!
I have now created/converted/modified close to one hundred thousand styles for the Audya.
Henni

Henni why would someone need so many styles in the first place?

Hi Donny, can become a bit of an addiction, not that I have done a minuscule fraction of what Henni has done. For me personally it was a fun hobby.
I can relate to how disappointed Henni must feel about Ketron.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#444076 - 01/06/18 01:57 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sign me up too Bernie.

Hi old friend

Chas is right, i'm too far gone, but there is hope for you.

Bernie

#444140 - 01/06/18 08:13 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie, unfortunately so am I. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online