SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#443940 - 01/04/18 06:12 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By Henni
Very confusing.

1. Audya means audio = new technology using audio with midi
2. SD series were NEVER audio oriented.
3. Audya will not be replaced by anything.
4. SD series now becomes the audio/midi flagship, but is not a replacement for the Audya?

Sorry, I cannot see this other than a mere excuse for the SD9 not compatible with what whatever comes from the Audya. It is an easy thing to update the onboard SD9 converter to simply point the relevant Audya audio parts to the relevant new audio memory (albeit an updated version of the original) allocations on the SD9. (Surely Ketron did not completely throw away their original audio parts investment - they merely updated the original with more modern versions so no REAL need to port the original older stuff over to the SD9)

The SD9 sounds incredible - but to say it does not replace the Audya makes no sense. It is the same as Yamaha killing the Tyros series altogether by making the Genos not compatible with whatever comes from the previous models.

I have always been a staunch campfighter for Ketron - everyone here knows that. I am not on a sudden Ketron bashing spree. But please don't feed me things that makes no sense to explain away a serious manufacturer problem.

Gigging musicians like to use their hard work on the next new model - this is a standard thing that should be catered for and not merely be explained away!!!

Please enlighten me then:

1. The best available universal software that converts styles between arrangers are not even at the Audya level yet - they currently sit at SD5/Midjay Plus level max as is.

2. How do you expect to get non direct Ketron styles onboard the SD9 so that you can start adding the fantastic onboard stuff to it?

3. The ONLY way current is to 1st convert it to *.PAT format and then do a onboard SD9 to *.KST conversion that does not appear to be working at this stage.

4. Once this works as it should, now you can use the various outstanding style modelling features onboard the SD9 to update these into SUPER styles that could be shared amongst the other SD9 users.

5. Why should you be limited to use only what is available direct from Ketron for this?

Yamaha didn't "kill" the Tyros series, nor remove compatibility of previous Yamaha format work and data from previous arranger models.

To the contrary, the Genos is the replacement flagship arranger and new platform model to replace the aging Tyros series that was stretched to the limits, yet still maintained it's position as top arranger and leader in the world.

The new Genos opens up more breathing room as far as polyphony, new live controller functions/sliders/knobs, deeper editing features, expansion memory, higher sound quantity and massive increased resources in voices, new Revo drum kits, arps, multipads, styles and DSPs, plus lighter than my Tyros 5 to boot.

Yamaha actually went out of it's way to insure that "all" my previous Tyros 5 custom work and registrations are 100% compatible with the Genos. Upgraded YEM transfered all my previous custom expansion data. All my previous purchased Premium packs (even ones I purchased years back for my for Tyros 3) are upgraded free by Yamaha (as per the Premium Pack conversion schedule for Genos), plus "all" my previously purchased expansion "audio style" packs and Genos support already has available "all" 50 upgraded versions Tyros 5 factory "Audio Styles" to download with "all" the Audio parts intact and 100% usable when loaded in the Genos User Drive.

Because the Genos User Drive was increased to 58 GB from the previous 140 MB Tyros 5 version drive, "all" 75 or so Tyros 5 factory/expansion Audio styles can be loaded and stored on the Genos at the same time for instant access and "all" audio drum parts. As long as the user starts with a specific audio style, any style parts from any other style can be reassembled into a new audio style or swap out the audio drum parts with an appropriate Revo drum style part.

All Tyros 5 Ensemble voices/editing functions and Organ World voices are 100% available on the Genos, expanded upon, plus new DSPs to choose from and higher Genos 32 bit audio output to make even unedited Tyros 5 content higher audio quality played or recorded from the Genos.

All my previous Tyros 5 content is now opened up to be reworked and massively upgraded to the huge Genos library of high quality, voices, arps, Revo drum kits/drum editor, multipads, available backing tracks, improved MIDI, and improved Audio Multipad quality (with all my previous Audio Multipad content and registration audio links intact).

Yamaha support is still second to none, and I still have Yamaha's huge style and resource library to work with to inspire my song writing, arranging, composing, and the complete resources within the Genos for editing, shaping, creating, perform and now delve into more serious recordings with high studio quality of the Genos.

Marcus

#443941 - 01/04/18 06:13 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

dont be fooled theres alot of tyros inside genos...

#443943 - 01/04/18 06:37 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Dnj]
Marcus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
dont be fooled theres alot of tyros inside genos...

Sure, obviously a lot of Tyros content inside the Genos. I originally estimated that I could make my Tyros 5 sound/play about 75% of what the Genos offers, but now working with a Genos for a couple of weeks, I figure it's more like 50%.

Maybe 50% for single voice comparisons, but the Genos styles are either brand new or massively reworked Tyros 5 versions. The Genos styles are easily 95% different over the Tyros 5 versions.

Even if some content might be the same, or I purely use my older Tyros 5 registrations directly on my Genos, a simple DSP upgraded in the default Reverb Block to the new Real Reverb+ dsp, changes all my previous Tyros content (mostly drawn from Legacy)to give higher quality authenticity to the ambient reverb qualities.

Even then, all Genos output, regardless, goes through the new 32bit Digital Audio Converter (DAC)output circuit, providing higher quality defined sound across a wide frequency range, ensuring Genos always cuts through the mix, performing live or in any new recordings.

Marcus

#443945 - 01/04/18 06:49 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Marcus
What about 970 registrations transferring to the Genos?

#443948 - 01/04/18 07:27 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Marcus

bernie congrats on your new GENOS?......just sayin.. coffee

#443949 - 01/04/18 07:32 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Bernie9]
Marcus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Marcus

The Yamaha PSR-S series is a different arranger line with some Tyros features missing, while some new ones added to the S970, since it came out after the Tyros 5. Being not too familiar with the S970, I would guess that there would be some issues with some registrations since there are platform differences.

Copied S970 styles should convert/transfer fine to the Genos, as well previous Yamaha styles. Same compatibility issues with S970 Premium Expansion packs or maybe Audio Styles, as they would not be compatible with the TOTL (Top-Of-The-Line) arrangers, nor available as free upgraded packs.

Most likely the new S990 MOTL (Middle-Of-The-Line)replacement would allow full compatibility of the previous S970 custom work, data and files.

Regardless of series line or brand, I always say, "you get what what you pay for" or should at least expect what you pay for.

Marcus

#443950 - 01/04/18 07:49 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

.....if I bought a genos not saying I would, ....but if I did, I would not use registrations from older Yamaha units but instead START FROM SCRATCH and build up my songs in genos from the scratch, yes it takes time, but once you do your homework your done and you will certainly have a much better library done right.

#443971 - 01/04/18 11:38 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Yeah Donny, I do too, but curious what Marcus thought.

Thanks Marcus
p.s.

And no- I'm not springing for anything until the air clears on several fronts.lol

Edited by Bernie9 (01/04/18 11:41 AM)

#443972 - 01/04/18 11:46 AM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By Marcus
Yamaha didn't "kill" the Tyros series, nor remove compatibility of previous Yamaha format work and data from previous arranger models.

Yes Marcus, I used that statement to show just how ridiculous it would have been should Yamaha have followed the same philosophy - I knew full well that this was not the actual case.

Thank you for filling in the detail.

#443974 - 01/04/18 12:55 PM Re: SD9 * * * NOT * * * Audya replacement! [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
You guys are totally off course. It would be as you are bitchin’ about your s970 can’t get premium content from T5 or Genos. It’s childish.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online